It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could The Elite be moving to rid the net of Conspiracy Theorists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The Establishment is waking up too...to us.

Perhaps at first they thought we(us conspiracy theorists) are harmless conspiracy whackos and no one will ever take us seriously is finding they might be wrong in their assumptions. New Patriot Act legislation is thinking about targeting websites as possibly aiding terrorists.
www.thedesertsun.com.../20050722/NEWS11/507220335/1208

www.prisonplanet.com...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Former Bush Speech Writer and prominent Neo Con, David Frum interviewed the publisher of The Nation, Victor Navasky on "After Words", one of CSPAN's author interview shows. About 12 minutes into the interview, Frum brings up the Lefty-blogosphere's sudden interest in "Conspiracy Theories" (which he refers to as a disease), and questions whether print publication like The Nation have a responsibility to address the "excessive paranoia". They spend about 10 mintues on the topic and then Frum moves on to the Nation's connections with the "American Aristocracy". Later they discuss Orwell and the Communist Conspiracy. Check it out, because it's clearly a topic that get's under Frum's skin, and it's one of many signs nowadays that this stuff is spreading, and "they" are getting worried.

The Interview:
www.booktv.org...

[edit on 24-7-2005 by magnito_student]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I would think that those in power actually love us conspiracy guys. Sometimes we make up such ridiculous stuff that when we are actually on to something people will just laugh at us.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Uhhh, ok.
Interesting notion, but one that is missing the mark on a couple things.
Anyhow, and don't mind me, being that I am but a humble member of this site, but is that a link to a discussion board you have posted up there?
If it is, you might want to re-read this then possibly re-edit your post: Terms and Conditions.

Peace.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
What's up with the soft touch Seekerof?

Does everyone get, like, one freebie or something?

ROAR!

On topic: No, I think conspiracy theorists are a conspirators smokescreen, as has been stated. They learned a long time ago that they can't hide the individual truths from the spotlight of this medium, the truth is indeed out there. However, they can flood the net with so much nonsense (or let others do it for them) that finding the truth becomes an excercise not unlike wading through a sewer to find a particular soft, brown rock.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Like Tabloids for instance? They talk about Elvis coming to meet with Clinton in a UFO but buried deep in the paper there are truths on subjects like implantable microchips etc?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I don't think they really care about us...I'm sure most still see us as harmless wackos.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Perhaps, when all is said and done, the "power of the people" will remove from the internet the prying eyes of the so-called "Elite".

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
this better not be true

if this ever actually happens; i Will do something

ill say no more

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I'm not a conspiracy theorist! I never once made up a conspiracy theory. I just read other's and comment on them. Put that in your Patriot Act and smoke it.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
They Are Not “Conspiracy Theories”, They Are, in Fact, “Discoveries”

Jesse, Editor, TVNewsLies.org | July 23 2005

Those to whom information is presented must deal with their personal unwillingness to hear new facts.

We have to make a serious effort to distinguish between the expression of an unfounded theory and the disclosure of verifiable information and facts.

They absolutely refuse to accept even the most convincing proof because they dare not admit to themselves that they have been lied to by officials in whom the placed their trust.
tvnewslies.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This is kind of strange. The shadow government is realizing that conspiracy theorists are a danger to it, so they seek to shut C. theorists down. Yet if conspiracy theorists were right and are a danger, well, they'd've already toppled the shadow government anyway no? I mean, conspriacy research isn't exactly new, and we're not really seeing anything new from the conspiracy theorist camp no? So, if the theorists were dangerous, then they'd've been able to expose the conspiracy. But they certainly haven't. So no shadow government is even going to bother trying to 'shut them down'.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I heard they might tax the internet, any more milking of money. Have they not got technology that can dicipher words like terrorists when using the phone or internet.
Its here already and would not be suprised if conspiracy theorists get ruduced in population either. This thread could be just that, not by intention but by moth to a candle.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by The time lord]

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Sorry people if my last post freaked you out, all of a sudden everyone stopped going to this thread it seems like.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I made a post about a little over a month ago about similar ideas.

When Will ATS Become a Threat to National Security?

A very interesting discussion about how ATS could be seen as a threat, seeing as there are quite a few people on these boards that aren't happy with the administration.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
one thing is sure, and this is deadly serious, we are being singled out and profiled.

i had my computer ripped, (a total image of my hd, or atleast they tried!) by a us government ip, not more than 3 mth ago! this is a violation and an attack since im a non us resident!

so to answer the question, yes we are a threat, they know we are a threat, and they are preparing to strike IMHO!

[edit on 28-10-2005 by NeonHelmet]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I think you really could be on to something here magnito.

Let's see what else ya got.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Funny you guys mention this.. I was always a little paranoid over being a longtime frequent member of this message board. I even went as far as to add a clause in my will that if I were to be killed in a murder or mysteriously disappear to have a family member contact the board (among other contacts) (how's that for paranoia!)

That was back when the Patriot Act just came out and the # seemed to hit the fan.. I figured it'd be a matter of time before 'they' came a knocking.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I am free to think there are aliens from Mars out there if i want.
I am free to think whatever i want and make of things whatever i want.
It is my right and i will exercise it.
I am also to perceive things as i wish. I wish to perceive this administration as one of the worst things to have ever happened to this country, and this aint no conspiracy. Its fact.
Conspiracies are the least of the problems. Fact is a problem.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I doubt it since a favorite tactic seems to be hide the real theories and truth in a sea of bunk ones. The more wacko theories that come out the more it hurts good ones as they get lumped in with the bunk ones.

You cant keep secrets forever and when info is leaked out you have to be able to discredit and hide it.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
HICKER DICKERY DOCK TIME IS SET TO TIC & TOC THE TIMES ALARM WILL GO TO SHOW ITS TIME TO SHOCK

top topics

<<   2 >>

join