It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC symbolism in microsoft wingdings fonts.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
www.snopes2.com...

Above is an article concerning WEBDINGS AND WINGDINGS that when translated from NYC short for new york city they produce ironic symbols of 9/11.

It might not be a conspiracy, some may argue but I thought it would be interesting to some people and some may discover their own hidden symbolism in micro soft words wingdings. See what you think about the article above and it can be tryed at home.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Great article and really intriguing.

I was really amazed at the 9/11 planes hitting the WTCs symbol.

Scary as it is, it was the letter 'NYC' that deciphered all this...

Weird.

Good article though.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I heard about this soon after 9/11, but never had word installed on my PC to try this. Its interesting, considering win 3.1 was made like a zillion yrs ago.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I am not really buying this whole thing, Snopes practically debunks the whole thing. I think I would be more worried if it was a moving picture

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Here are the sets from the snopes article and other information.

Here is Microsoft's official statement on the issue:

We can certainly understand how people would respond with some shock to this apparent issue. We did too when it first came up nine years ago and we investigated it thoroughly in partnership with the Anti-Defamation League. The conclusion was that the sequence in the Wingdings character set is coincidental and that there was no malicious intent. In fact, it impacted several software companies at the time and continues to do so. Unfortunately, there was not an easy way to fix the problem. We understand that this requires explanation.
At the simplest level, wingdings and webdings are much like an alphabet of characters and provide thousands of potential combinations from which a person could choose. Changing the character set would create an impact of unknown scale on existing data and code using the affected font. Again, using the example of the alphabet, what would happen to existing documents and applications if we switched around a handful of letters? The likely result is that we would create significant issues for people, cause some unintended humorous moments and several offensive ones. For that reason Wingdings has been left unaltered since its inception.

The last "coincidence" is strictly a manufactured one. Although typing the characters "Q33NY" using the Wingdings font does produce the string of images shown below [...]there was no flight "Q33NY" involved in the terrorist attack on New York City [...] nor does that string correspond to any airplane's tail number or any airline's flight number.

The numerous suggestions about what 'Q33' really does refer to (everything from a New York bus route to a verse from the Quran) merely highlight how easy it is to find significance in anything, meaningful or not.
[emphasis added]

Its alternately presented as an anti-jewish conspiracy, or as a jewish conspiracy too.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
could you kindly show a fair representstion of all of the possible combinations, and an analysis of the frequency of possible combinations with "meaning" ?

well, with thousands of combinations, maybe I'll just ask you to use all possible 911 connections, flight names, passenger names, terrorist names, ect.
This way we can judge if its a coincidence 3 combos out of thousands or if microsoft actaully knew 9 years earlier about 911, and intentionally imbedded coded messages into wingdings

[edit on 25-7-2005 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
We do'nt have to take these things as conspiracies but oddities and irony. You could connect random things to all sort of issues if one wants. There is also the dollar bill conspiracy if you heard of it. The site below should show what I mean. Click on the dollar values below at the end of the website to get more examples of other dollar symbolisms with 9/11.

www.foldmoney.com...

[edit on 25-7-2005 by The time lord]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
could you kindly show a fair representstion of all of the possible combinations, and an analysis of the frequency of possible combinations with "meaning" ?

well, with thousands of combinations, maybe I'll just ask you to use all possible 911 connections, flight names, passenger names, terrorist names, ect.
This way we can judge if its a coincidence 3 combos out of thousands or if microsoft actaully knew 9 years earlier about 911, and intentionally imbedded coded messages into wingdings

[edit on 25-7-2005 by syrinx high priest]

They said the chances of that coming up like that are 1 and a trillion or something to that effect.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This will probably be seen as something foolish, but if you put the word BUSH into wingdings you get something that can be interperated in many different ways. Please try it and tell me what you think

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Did'nt Bush fall off his bike during the london underground bombings and he went to hostpital as well. It could be seen as psychology of the current events of our times or it could be prophetic. Why did you find this now? Maybe somethings make sense after they happen so we connect our thoughts to them. But you did not invent this symbolism or order of name either. But then again maybe no one has written Bush in wingdings before or found it irellivent at the time when they did. It depends if you use capital or lower case as the symbols change. There are not enough to give many other examples. The bush in capital windings is different, depends which one you use.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by The time lord]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The word bush in wingdings when written in capitals shows a hand making an OK/perfect gesture, a cross, a drop of water(oil?) and a hand pointing downwards. I cant think what the first and last symbols may represent but perhaps the cross refers to his great amount of faith and the drop of liquid his quest for oil. But since these are really just a jumble of different symbols, it is all open to speculation.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by Felt_Marshall]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
www.snopes2.com...

Dude, I don't mean to diss you, but that's SO old and SO lame. It went around (that and the silly bill folding thing) during the month after 9/11, and was pretty much laughed off the nets. There WERE a few folks who somehow managed to believe that the engravers of the bills (some 50 years before) knew that a guy named Osama would hijack airlines that didn't exist and planes that weren't even on the drawing board to crash it into buildings that didn't exist at that time. And some of those managed to even believe that Microsoft somehow knew 10 years before the fact that they'd need to draw symbols to announce that a guy nobody knew would manage to recruit people and get them to crash planes into buildings on certain dates...

...in spite of good evidence that this was tried on another date and security was too high... and that 9/11 was a date of convenience.

Maybe they stole Gnostro-Darn-Us's magical 8 ball and kept shaking the thing until they got the answer?

I don't think even the pink unicorns believe that one.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
i heard the $20 bill came out in 1998(666X3, oooooo!).
you will really have to work hard to convince me that this is a coincidence. especially since the back of the bill folded like an AIRPLANE shows the towers on one side, and the pentagon on the other. i might but coincidence if it was just one side of the bill that depicted the tragedy of 911.
there is an 'easter egg' in excel 95 that is called, 'the hall of tortured souls' or something. if you type in the right thing, in the right cell, a game will open. it is supposed to be a doom-like game, where you have to walk along a narrow path with molten whatnot on either side of you. the walls of the cave are covered in NAMES, and if you reach the end, it is supposed to be really scary. anyone who can tell us what's at the end? (i hate windows and bill gates of hell, so i never tried it)
COINcidence, shamincidence.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Actually, I believe it was the numerals 911 that showed an airplane and two towers. I tried this myself and eerily enough that is exactly what it showed. I am going to see if I can replicate it and show an image of it.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Actually, maybe this is what I was thinking of:
www.breakthechain.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Odd.. could easily be deliberate. However, that 1 in a trillion statistic is misleading, because it applies to ANY three letter combination in the font selection. You could type out 3 completey random symbols, there would still be the same odds of the random string occuring as the string in controversy.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Beyond insane.

The "tower" character is a PAPER.

It sits between a folded paper and a group of three papers.

Have you seen the groupings of Wingdings? They're all system related. Mailboxes, Folders, Papers, Cabinet, Keyboards, Mice, etc etc.

Dates back to 3.1

This whole obsession with finding hidden meanings to the wingdings characters dates to 1993 by the way.

Stretching it too far will cause it to snap ya know.

EDIT: Furthermore, the Star of David is in an appropriate place among numerous other symbols.

Those of you itching to find something secret in there would be well advised to click Start, Run, type in "charmap" go to wingdings and look at what I'm talking about with the groupings.

[edit on 7-26-2005 by Djarums]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
it's a paper icon, but it looks great as a tower.
why would the skull and bones be an image so useful as to be included in 'wing(airplane) dings(crashes)'?
i'd much rather have a useful icon in my symbol palette. how often does an office worker need a pirate icon? OR a star of david?

Q33NY may not have been a flight number, but it has a resonance with masonic degrees.

it's 'insane' to think, once presented with the evidence, that there is no secret cabal from time immemorial.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
NYC

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
er... yes inspiringyouth, that's what the article and all the subsequent posts here are talking about.

no need to re-quote them.

we'd all rather see your own thoughts on the issue, not quoting the other posts.

Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join