It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing scientific discoveris suppressed!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The thing about patents is that it's acceptance subjective. The patent officer examining your filing need not satisfy himself that it actually works, only that it is plausible. Also that your patent does not infringe on one already filed. Also, many people patent ideas even before a working model is tested. Notorious for this are the Japanese scientists who work on variations of established technology and patent them.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Here's the link to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) information about patents.

Note that it does not say that the patent has to be tested to show that it works.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Don't expect to see this used anytime soon (outside Area 51 that is).

www.gctspace.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Meshuggah1324, seeing as how it's someone's fantasy with no basis in fact, I'm inclined to agree with you, except for one point:

It will be seen -- again and again and again -- wherever people congregate who want to believe in something so badly that they will ignore evidence and common sense.

[edit on 27-7-2005 by Off_The_Street]

BZ

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
i got reading about Tesla through a mate at work,i didnt realise anything about government cover ups and such.

free energy doesnt make for world control,to be able to harness this energy would be fantastic.

i was reading more about his flying machine ideas.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
BZ, the notion about "government cover-ups" is controversial; the mainstream media and most others don't think there is.

Part of the reason for all the Tesla-mania is that Tesla was a romantic figure. He was a true genius, and toward the end probably had gone mentally around the bend.

A lot of his ideas were stolen by others, in particular Thomas Edison and perhaps Guglielmo Marconi; but scientific inquiry was a cut-throat business back in those days (Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose). So Tesla had a right to be suspicious about people stealing his new inventions.

But as near as I can figure out, a lot of his fancy "secret' inventions simply weren't feasible, and he became increasingly paranoid about people coming after them.

I believe that combination of mystery, madness, and genius is very attractive to conspiracy-theory people, so it's not surprising they've jumped on Tesla like stink on a skunk.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
i dont know where you are all from, but in my school tesla was far from hidden or excluded, he was part of the curriculm, i can tremember exactly what it was for, but he was even on the exam im pretty sure, and this is an exam designed by the education department. by the way i am from victoria australia. in year 11 and 12 physics.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Nikola Tesla may be the most underated researcher/scientist in all of history.

Edison and Marconi both cheated this brilliant individual out of credit that was solely his.

Even today, Tesla's experiment where he holds a lit lightbulb with no visible electrical input can't be duplicated.

If it wasn't for Tesla, we wouldn't have electricity the way it is today.

Don't get me wrong. Edison was a brilliant individual also, but he 'stole' and patented a lot of ideas that wasn't even his.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It might be just their ideas and design, but I'm sure at places such as Area 51, LANL, and Sandia Labs we already have these gravity manipulating propulsion systems manufactured and are testing them. I'm sure. Wouldn't you think?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join