It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Book of Mormon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I don't even care to read the BOM, but I find it remarkable that Mormons have build such a remarkable society based on it.

What the Mormon Church needs is someone like David Rohl, who puts the OT "on the map" so well - but then, it seems that for the BOM, there is no map to put anything on. The whole story sort of floats in space, with no connection to our world - sort of like LOTR. The BOM may have a good message, but it lacks a foundation.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It does lack any foundation. I, in no way, claim to be any sort of expert on the Mormon religion but it just so happens that I recently picked up a book concerning the life of Joseph Smith. Its my opinion, that he was really nothing more than a common crook. I think the tablets were just a hoax and a way for him to create something that made $$. He wasnt even very good at convincing the people (early on) that what he said was true.
Sidney Rigdon was one of the most influential preachers at that time and he is actually the one that persuaded people to join this religion.

He would eventually fall from grace and end up only being a footnote in the church's archives. But, he was far more than that.

Rigdon's daughter even accused Smith of locking her in a room and demanding sex because "God said so".

Smith started buying tracts of land, with hopes that the railroad would cross some, and that would make him rich. (per Lake Co. deeds office and old Co.-Court documents) when he ran out of places to borrow $$, He then opened his own bank (The Mormon Bank) and used the deposits as if they were his own.To ease qualms about trading silver and gold for bank notes he put a couple strong boxes in the bank and lined the top with silver pieces.

Court records show that the boxes were filled with sand and only the top layer had been made up of shiny coins.

Smith then fled town in the night to avoid angry creditors.

I could go on, but Ill stop here. My REAL question is- How could this clown have been taken seriously at all.

If God engraved on Gold tablets and hid them for thousands of years, that the followers should build a new Zion for the second coming and that that place would be Independence, Mo. then how could Joseph Smith "change" the location? He had a vision from God, to go to a new location?
So......God made a mistake when he engraved the tablets or he just changed his mind...?? Hmmm

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

new topics

<< 1   >>

join