It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third Arrest in London Bombing Case (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Police investigating the attempted second bombing in London on Thursday, Saturday night made a third arrest a day after two house raids where executed on Friday night, it is however at this point unclear wether or not this third man one of the CCTV four. Police are also investigating possible links between two of the bombers from the attracts on the 7th and the suspects from the 21st had attended the same white water rafting trip in wales, police are also looking in to connections with several African countries. The metropolitan Police chief Sir Ian Blair defended the tactics used by Special Branch Offices on Friday when they shoot dead Jean Charles de Menezes, saying that a 'Shoot to kill' order is in place if Offices believe there to be a risk of a suicide bombing.

today .reuters.com
Police arrested the man in south London, where two other men had been detained on Friday, a spokesman said.

Police have not suggested any of those held is one of the four prime suspects shown in closed circuit television pictures released by police with an urgent public appeal for help.

The attacks have triggered fears among Londoners that they may be a long-term target for Islamist militants and sparked frequent security alerts, as commuters become alarmed over abandoned packages or people behaving suspiciously.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The investigation now seems too be moving at quite a pace now with links like the Outdoor activity center and then Africa being made, maybe the unexploded devices allowed for more links to be made that just the type of explosive, evidence such as Fingerprints and DNA may well be responsible for this increased pace as well as CCTV footage and wittiness.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Also a skynews link click

seems like the package that was found in the park has giving quite a bit of info,
Hopefully all these men will be caught, i think untill they are put away people will still feel slightly unsafe, I think knowing these men are at large makes you a little edgy, i guess as i live in London thats the main feeling around,

Scotland Yard has confirmed a "suspicious package" had been found in north west London which may be linked to the four bombs recovered in the wake of Thursday's attempted attacks.

The package was found by a member of the public in bushes in Little Wormwood Scrubs.

Police said it would be subject to "detailed forensic analysis".

join