It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blaine to go 6 weeks without food

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
LONDON - For his latest trick, magician David Blaine will try to last more than six weeks without food in a plastic box suspended high over central London.

Starting Sept. 5, Blaine will live in a plastic box 7 feet long, 7 feet deep and 3 feet wide for 44 days without food or contact with the outside world, a representative said Thursday

LINK

What do ya'll think? He's done basically the unimaginable. I think he could do it...

[Edited on 8-23-2003 by Illmatic67]

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I wish I could have that kind of mind over body.

After 1 day I'd be like "Alright I'mma coming out!"

I think he will be able to do it.

[Edited on 23-8-2003 by AphexTwin]

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 01:20 AM
link   
After like 10 hours I would start craving crap-food like Carl's Jr. and probably would begin gnawing at my shoelaces.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I'm sure there is some kind of catch to this, he is a magician, not super-human.

I cant go 4 hours w/out eating, let alone 44 days.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:19 AM
link   
This guy is insane going without food for 6 weeks.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   
ok he's a magician.....you already KNOW he's up to something.

besides, how will he crap and pee? how will he get air? how will he get water?

thats if the box is never opened. i'm sure this is just another stunt. "nothing to see here, just another illusion." i guess i'm one of the few who out grow the fascination with things like this. i just dont find this to be interesting.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Blaine is a crazy guy,but brave. One of these days he is gonna do a trick and end up getting killed or something.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Blaine is a crazy guy,but brave. One of these days he is gonna do a trick and end up getting killed or something.

So are you actually saying that you believe he will be living in a plastic box 7 feet long, 7 feet deep and 3 feet wide for 44 days without food or contact with the outside world?

I dont find this interesting either, but to each his own. I'd rather watch paint dry.

What ever happened to the cool magic tricks like dumping a guy in the ocean in a locked chest bound with chains? Much more exciting than a guy in a plastic box.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I dont think its possible to not eat or drink for that long he has to be getting some kind of nurishment or else the powers that be would never even let him atempt something like that. having a man hanging in the air basically committing suicide can not be allowed. its just not good for morale haha.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Sounds like one heck of a diet.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'd like to actually see him doing this. Via television, I've seen some remarkable stunts performed by Blaine.

ThePrankMonkey, that's a beautiful avy.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
i think i could do 3-5 days without eating, after than id just eat my own crap...

there is no way without major meditation somebody can fast for that long...( i mean its just silly, it probably is possible, im not saying it isnt possible, just bizzare)

he will probably slow his heart beat down so his heart beats like 5 days beating in a month...

unless he isnt even in the box and its all a big fake...

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
i mean ive heard of amazing stuff, people going into trance like states and not eating and drinking for weeks and suddenly waking up...

there heart slowed to like 6-8 beats a minute if that...

id love to be able to do that kind of thing... the power of the mind...

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItchyPikachu
I dont think its possible to not eat or drink for that long he has to be getting some kind of nurishment or else the powers that be would never even let him atempt something like that. having a man hanging in the air basically committing suicide can not be allowed. its just not good for morale haha.

you can go about a month with no food but you cant go a single day without water. he'd be dead in a week without water alone. or darn near death.

like i said, if this were performed by the average smhoe it'd be something to see but its being done by a "magician" so we already know there's a trick being pulled here. that trick is getting himself attention and us being suckered into going "wow that awesome!" when its anything but awesome.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
ive been 18/19 hours without anything water or food, been about 2 days without food before...

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Folks, David Blaine is an "Illusionist". There is a vast difference between illusionist and someone who actually has "magic abilities".
He will never get killed doing these tricks because they are planned illusions that take months to perfect. Every single step is planned already. The primary statement of an illusionist is that Things are not always as they seem. You must take that into account when considering what he does.

[Edited on 8-26-2003 by Djarums]

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Blaine next trick should be bullet catching or something. He could try and catch bullets from a M16

[Edited on 26-8-2003 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Seen it...

This is nothing more but an extension of the same trick used when he was supposedly trapped in ice for days... The secret was even revealed on the Secrets of Magic tv specials.... The real hint will be that the plastic box will not be perfectly clear... and, they'll be some kind of periodic spraying, etc. of something that will serve as temporary obscurement when he either exits or enters the box. There will be a dummy in the box, and he'll be in a camera box that is looped, and periodically pop in and out of it....

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Kinda wondering if this guy has a clone!!!

Or maybe he is not really human???

The plot thickens

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
He steps into the box.

Some kind of distracting action is used (in the ice trick, it was a spraying of water that supposedly sealed him in) that obscures him for a moment.

He slips out of the box (through a top, bottom, or side), while a dummy is inflated, snapped up. or otherwise put in place.

Then, he slips into an identical box with a camera rigged up, that shows him... This footage is then looped, when he exits/re-enters the box....so he can go lounge out in a comfortable room with some sodas, snacks, tv, etc.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join