It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholism, power and money......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think the whole structure of the catholic church is one big conspiracy to keep people in line, empty their pockets generously and make the church even richer.

Imagine this:

You need to go to confession to be absolved of sin. I find this one hilarious really. Argument: Sin during the week, cheat people out of their money, kill some one, rape someone, wage war....then on Sunday, go to church, ask for forgiveness and be forgiven....oh yes....go out and sin some more....of course there will be always next Sunday's mass. A bit pointless don't you think? Yet....a good incentive to become catholic....easy to be absolved of sin.

Then of course, there is the collection box....give generously. Your money will help the church. Oh yes....the rich trappings in the Vatican and the comfort that the priesthood live in. It turned my stomach sick a few years ago when I visited the Batak villages in Indonesia. In some of these places, the white washed, newly painted, clean, brick building was the church. The villagers were still living in wooden huts, some built above the ground on stilts with their farm animals kept underneath.

The church rules by the carrot and stick approach. The whole clergy is one big conspiracy to enrich the church even more by 'selling' redemption through mass fear. When will the people ever learn.....god is all around us...you do not need a priest to forgive you.....ask god yourself!!

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Your not seeing things. Its real.
We will never know the depth of it, but its impossible to deny it

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Catholics aren't the only ones. Look at the televangelists, they make me sick. Do preachers really need million dollar mansions and leer jets? Greedy sam-in-a-batches all of them!

LOL Jake, I fixed it.

[edit on 26-7-2005 by MauiStacey]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
Catholics aren't the only ones. Look at the televangelists, they make me sick. Do preachers really need million dollar mansions and lear jets? Greedy sam-in-a-batches all of them!

I saw an ad for one of those that 'needs' your 'seed money' for a new leer jet.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Besides the catholic church needs those donations for all the lawsuits against pervie preists.

top topics

join