It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nukes already here...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Ok, I've heard numerous times on this board that there were nukes smuggled into the U.S and they are just sitting waiting for the "American Hiroshima" as it were. I was bored so I decided to mess around with Streets and Trips and research some nuke details as well to determine a blast radius and such.

Looks pretty scary to me. My information came from this site.
Nuke Radius (City Busting)

And I came up with this map based off the information that if a 1 megaton nuke was set off in the heart of Chicago, "the city in which I live" that it would do some considerable damage. I personally wouldnt be affected by the initial blast but the other rings would definately get me. I hope this never happens, just wondering what you guys think about this issue.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This topic was already brought up and addressed.

Basically, conspiracy theorist Paul Williams has a fictitious book to he wants you to buy where he states that nuke weaponry from the Cold War era smuggled in by KGB agents remains hidden in the USA and Al Queda sleeper agents are about to detonate them in various cities.

The *scariest* part of this is that some people actually believe this (or at least espouse to) in order to make a profit off of fear.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by philaman01
The *scariest* part of this is that some people actually believe this (or at least espouse to) in order to make a profit off of fear.

What your saying is that you believe that this possibility is remote? Then explain why intelligence agencies are writing reports about this possibility and recent news and analyisis says that this information of dirty bombs or nuclear devices being hidden in the US should be investigated?

Does the US want this guy to sell more books too?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I recently read an article in WorldNetDaily.com which referred to America Heroshima and also about the possible number of weapons in the US. It should be still available on the website. It was also mentioned in www.TerroristWarning.com as well. It's very disconcerting.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Maybe im color blind but i cant see the red zone

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight

You are color blind.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight

too small to see the red crater mark of 287 yards wen other colors are overlapping it. but it says 287 yards so u dont need to see the diameter size of that.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Oh, I mistook the orange zone for red. My apologies.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Oh, I mistook the orange zone for red. My apologies.

lol, now whos colored blind

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If terrorists had a nuke device in the US, why would they wait to detonate it? That makes no sense to me. Some "people in the know" even claim to know the dates of these attacks - 8/6 and 8/9 ala Hiroshima and Nagaski. C'mon guys...

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Just because the dates have past, doesn't mean they are not going to use the device.

How many OTM aliens have been trying to cross the Mexican borders? This is not a coincidence!

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   

If terrorists had a nuke device in the US, why would they wait to detonate it?

I agree whole heartidly(if that is a word). I do believe they (terrorists)could easily gets nukes into our country with little effort. But, once they had them I don't think they would wait for symbolic dates when the chance of getting caught which increase everyday they were in country with the weapon.

Of course if there is a nuke attack in America there is alwas the possibility it wouldnt be done by terrorists (i.e. our own .gov) and no al qaida or other scape goats.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Bad Wolf

If terrorists had a nuke device in the US, why would they wait to detonate it?

I agree whole heartidly(if that is a word). I do believe they (terrorists)could easily gets nukes into our country with little effort. But, once they had them I don't think they would wait for symbolic dates when the chance of getting caught which increase everyday they were in country with the weapon.

I can't believe it's already been 6 months or more since I initially responded to this "American Hiroshima" thread, but by the same token this story (and yes it is just that, a story) keeps re-emerging several times a year.

I'm sure before we know it, Paul Williams will come out with another new book about the imminent American Hiroshima attack on America and logically explain why we haven't been nuked yet.

Guys like Paul Williams and Joe Farrah will continue to sell you these bill of goods for years to come because they have become very wealthy from "alerting the masses" as they would want to call it. I call it simply profiteering off of fear.

Hey, it's America... capitalism rules! : )

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Soviet era suitcase nukes need to be maintained, here's an article about them....

An important point is that all nuclear devices require routine maintenance to remain viable. Small devices are no exception and, in fact, may require more frequent maintenance than larger weapons. Therefore, a diverted weapon from military stocks will become ineffective in a matter of a few years even if its control systems can be bypassed. The main danger, after the device has lost its original effectiveness, is its use as a source of weapons grade plutonium.

www.olive-drab.com...

I doubt there's anybody hiding suitcase nukes in the U.S. with the materials or expertise to keep them working.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
One thing is for sure, if 'suitcase nukes' go off in the US, it will be with US government complicity.

ars.userfriendly.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Of course the U.S government (and politically supporting media) would want this guy’s book promoted. Firstly it’s a great story and (even though it shouldn’t be) a lot of 24 news is audience focussed entertainment.

Secondly the U.S government wants you to support a war on terror with a mega billion dollar budget. The type of fear caused by this type of story is just a useful part of that. And if all else fails the news providers are at least keeping up their ratings.

And who cares if the government says they should investigate it? I'm sure they investigate all sorts of things. But somehow I’ll doubt they'll get far on a work of fiction (except to the end of the book).
Hay just imagine joining the CIA and being told to read a book like that as part of your first assignment? Cool or what!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Do you guys ever account for reasonability?

The US and Russia don't even use 1MT Nukes let alone 10MT Nukes (though both have tested such).

How would a terrorist ever hope to use an ICBM worthy Nuke (300-750Kt)?

Most likely they'd use a mini-Nuke (.1kt) and thus do barely anything in the way of damage to a city.

top topics

join