It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who would support the searching of ONLY middle easterners???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

this idea is obviously not the best and it is hated, but yes it would work!!!

I know what would work!
Maybe we can put GPS tracking chips into all the brown people. And hey while were at it, we all know that Italians are in the Mob lets put chips in them too! OH! Don't forget the blacks. They take up most of the prison space in America so they must really be bad better get a chip into them to.

Suggesting any group should be treated differently because of their race is racism.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I know what would work!
Maybe we can put GPS tracking chips into all the brown people. And hey while were at it, we all know that Italians are in the Mob lets put chips in them too! OH! Don't forget the blacks. They take up most of the prison space in America so they must really be bad better get a chip into them to.

Suggesting any group should be treated differently because of their race is racism.

good idea

just kidding...

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

good idea

just kidding...

Are you?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Are you?

i am a racist to you???

just because i made this thread???

let me say again:

i heard about this system of searching on the news, then i made this thread...

then, just because i support this search i am a racist???

please tell me...

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

please tell me...

Like I said before "Suggesting any group should be treated differently because of their race is racism. " How can that not be racist?

This sounds familiar actualy.
Didn't you start a thread asking why people hate Jews? I think it got trashed. If I remember right you asked me something similar then too... If I thought you hated Jews.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Race Speeder

please tell me...

Okay, you're a racist.

On a more serious note, asking questions like this and suggesting racial or ethnic profiling does not necessarily make someone a racist.

But even if an ATS member is a hard-core racist, labeling him or her as such accomplishes nothing, other than to give the person doing the labeling some sort of vain idea of moral superiority.

There are no saints in this world. We're all sinners.

So we can share opinions and discuss where and why we disagree about them, or waste our time pointing fingers at each other in self-indulgent attempts to make ourselves feel better while accomplishing nothing.

Although I am by no means innocent of doing my share of finger-pointing, I have found that I get a lot more out of ATS when I concentrate more on the opinions of my fellow members instead of trying to classify them based on my own inherently flawed and limited notions of morality.

Naturally, others may see things differently, and feel a compelling need to label people in an attempt to make understanding them easier, but in my opinion, that tendency is nothing less than self-deception.

All of us are unique, and none of us fits neatly into any broad category. The more we come to realize that, the stronger our online community will be, and the more meaningful our discussions will be as a consequence.

At least, that's how I see it.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Like I said before "Suggesting any group should be treated differently because of their race is racism. " How can that not be racist?

This sounds familiar actualy.
Didn't you start a thread asking why people hate Jews? I think it got trashed. If I remember right you asked me something similar then too... If I thought you hated Jews.

yes...

i made a thread like that...

i got banned for it (or another anti-jewish thing i said) and came back...

i changed my views and i am a good ATSer now

and your first point is a good one...

i guess i am a racist...

not in real life though...

maybe just on ATS

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
amen Majic...

enough about me being a supposed racist...

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
But even if an ATS member is a hard-core racist, labeling him or her as such accomplishes nothing, other than to give the person doing the labeling some sort of vain idea of moral superiority.

Although I never labeled anyone. I do feel morally superior than a racist. If that is in vain, then fine.

Naturally, others may see things differently, and feel a compelling need to label people in an attempt to make understanding them easier, but in my opinion, that tendency is nothing less than self-deception.

All of us are unique, and none of us fits neatly into any broad category. The more we come to realize that, the stronger our online community will be, and the more meaningful our discussions will be as a consequence.

Thats fine, everyone is different and has a different view. That does not mean racism should be allowed to run wild on ATS. By that logic we should invite all those Stormfronters that got banned.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
i guess you are better than me Umbrax

of course, you are not...

because i am not a racist...

i just love a system that could save lives...

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
OK people, lets try to focus on the topic of discussion here, not discussing each other.

Keep it civil.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
OK people, lets try to focus on the topic of discussion here, not discussing each other.

Keep it civil.

Thank you.

amen ( w0w i am saying that alot
)...

let's stay on topic...

it may be sensitive, but it needs to be talked about...

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Why search middle-easterners? What about Mid-westerners?

The bombers in London were of Pakistani and Carribean origin.

Pakistan is in South Asia, not the Middle East, and Pakis, Indians, Bangladeshis and Sri Lankans all look the same on a racial profile.

This one's up there with the scene at the start of Dragon.

"Koreans killed my father!"

"I'm sorry about that, but I'm American."

Hey, I'm sure Joe McCarthy's got some helpful hints for conducting witchhunts.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
MaskedAvatar would support the searching of "middle easterners" AND ATS members, who should be clearly branded/tattooed with the ATS logo applied firmly to the forehead in indelible ink.

BTW, we are all "middle easterners".

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Searching a persons bag based on the color of their skin is racist by it's very definition. An act like this will set back civil liberties by decades.

Doing this is no different than being a cop and pulling over a driver just because they are Black. It is the very same thing.
If bag searches are conducted this way then everyone better brace for more events like the LA riots...

There is never a good excuse for racism.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Geez !

How quickly this thread went from info to racism ?

The topic is a good one since this is the talk going around, it's worth talking about to get others perspectives.

Skin color, look or even region of residance means nothing in a war against terrorists. Then we have to look at the perspective of exactly which terrorist group are we talking about ?

If we are talking about the middle east thing and profiling (only) individuals of middleastern looks in regards to terrorism in the United States, that would be a huge mistake. If we are looking at profiling the ( radical musslim ) who is and who is not would have to be the question. The faith of Islam is spraeding faster than any other religion in the world. There are more mosks than there are catholic churches in Europe. People from all different colors and backgrounds are coming into this faith. How are we to know who the crazy fundementalists ( Terrorists ) are from the normal people of faith ?

Everyone will have to be checked at transportation stations. It will take too much time however so this will probably be the time in wich we will have to get the security id for everyone plus a retinal scan for backup ??

What's next ?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Furry Logic

By that logic we should invite all those Stormfronters that got banned.

Unless I've been misinformed, my understanding is that the bannings you are referring to occurred due to violations of the T&C. Nothing I have posted suggests or advocates that members should be immune from honoring the T&C.

There are plenty of members who could be labeled “racists” on ATS. As long as they abide by the T&C, they will remain members.

As a Councilor, it's my job to represent my fellow members, including those I disagree with. However, when members decide to violate the terms we all agree to by being here, they do so on their own.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
"Those who are willing to sacrifice their civil liberties for security deserve neither."

Someone please supply exact quote and its author.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Those who give up liberty for the sake of security deserve neither liberty nor security.
--- Ben Franklin

Edit:

There are plenty of members who could be labeled “racists” on ATS. As long as they abide by the T&C, they will remain members.

As a Councilor, it's my job to represent my fellow members, including those I disagree with. However, when members decide to violate the terms we all agree to by being here, they do so on their own.

Great, so racism is okay on ATS as long as it doesn't violate the T&C.
Good to know

[edit on 24/7/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yup, just search Midwest Grandmas with paid off mortgages? However they also fit the profile of getting a visit from Ed McMahon when winning the Publisher's Clearinghouse contest!

I mean that's what is going on at airports while everyone else who really "fits the profile," goes on speedpass?

[edit on 24-7-2005 by SkipShipman]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join