It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who would support the searching of ONLY middle easterners???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
this is a great question to everyone:

by searching i mean, searching them when they try to enter a bus, train, plain, etc...

some people were talking about this on the news the other day...

their justification was that, if it saves lives, do it...

this is my justification:

it may be racial profiling, but i have never seen a white terrorist

i would support this...

would you???

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

IRA? etc...

Furthermore you'll be shocked how white some middle-easterns can be

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

IRA,
KKK,
ARA,
ETA,
Neo Nazi's

care for me to go on?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Better search all the Asian too they all know martial arts

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

this is a great question to everyone:

this is my justification:

i would support this...

would you???

I would support all people being searched. To search only Asian gropus is tantamount to racism and would cause more backlash.

You say you have never seen a white terrorist? Have you ever seen an Asian one? Have you ever seen any terrorist?
Check out the IRA, they were white.

[edit on 24-7-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
"my bad"...

when i say "white terrorists" i mean: a white person who is going to blow themselves up

i have never seen that before...

BTW you people didn't answer my question...

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

"my bad"...

when i say "white terrorists" i mean: a white person who is going to blow themselves up

I think i did..

I would support all people being searched. To search only Asian gropus is tantamount to racism and would cause more backlash.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

IRA bomber blow himself up once.

I live in the UK and have been bag searched plenty of times when im near Canterbury Catherdral and in the grounds..... and im white.

Plus ive had random searches in Canterbury City.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Seeing that an Arabian exists in my family, the best guy i've ever met, and the best husband, and now his kids look Arabian, I would say i would not support it. If you're going to go all out, i say spend the money and check EVERYONE. Who says a Muslim cant have blonde hair?
This is all warped and above ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I certainly don't support searching ONLY Arabs, however I think it's foolish to not use racial profiling as a component of the equation.

xu

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
and furthermore I would suggest any middle-easterns should be shot on sight on western parts. and possibly any westerners should be shot on sight at eastern parts but this is not unexpected because most easterns are terrorists and it is why they should be shot down in the first place. do you see a paradox here. so they lived happily everafter?

this is insane, I cant believe my eyes, there are actual humans in todays world who has such mental states and reasoning

and middle-easterners should sit in the backside of a bus and there should be a sign saying "migroes" infront of the row.

and they should wear signs on their clothes wihich would make it easier to distinguish from actual whites, (some mideastens are unexpectedly white you know,) this would make the "mideast-only" search more easy since you could tell who is a suspect and who is not, easily by just seeing the sign on their clothes. a star shaped sign maybe, I dont know it just popped into my mind from nowhere.

link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Who says a Muslim cant have blonde hair?
This is all warped and above ridiculous.

pretty right i might say.
Let me add that you'll be shocked when u see an arab ( not muslim as you stated) not only blond, but with blue eyes and snow white skin

link   
Racial profiling and targeting certain ethnic communities certainly wont help promote multi racial relations, plus there are members of the muslim community who are European racially or in appearence. Having said that, even things like random bag searches are more likely to be directed at people of a middle eastern/asian appearence. It all depends on how dire the situation becomes, if suicide bombings become a regular part of British life I can see the social niceties we usually try to promote going by the wayside.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm a sad and shocked to see this post from you theyseeall, whatever happened to Deny Ignorance???

Please tell me how exactly do you tell who is a Middle Easterner and who isn't? Don't you dare tell me it is by skin color.

Let me deny some ignorance right now. Middle Easterners can come in any shade of skin color and have any type of hair color and eye color too. There are chinese, blacks, indians, caucasians, mulattos, all who live, come from and can claim middle eastern heritage. Racial profiling doesn't help in the war in terrorism, because terrorists are not exclusive to one race. Line up a 100 muslims and you will have every race represented. Ignorant this line of thinking is, absolutely ignorant.

I'm really getting annoyed with all the ignorance on the boards these days, sorry to pick on you Theyseeall, it's been building up for me and i chose to let it out on you.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Better search all the Asian too they all know martial arts

Hahaha, good one. Logically that would be the next step, in a world of such childish generalisation.

They see ALL

What colour was this Guy then?

Does Terry Nichols look of Middle Eastern decent to you?

What about Dick Cheney?

[edit on 013131p://20071 by MERC]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Here is an interesting fact from an FBI agent, he appeared on a program on the History channel and he stated the Islamic terrorist are funding Neo-Nazi groups across Europe and in America.(this information is available across the internet and there is an ATSNN artical on Al Qaeda and Neo Nazi's in America.)

The chances are the next guys to to attack the states will be Neo-Nazi terrorist. Dont think what im saying true? research into the oklahoma bombing and look into Timothy mcveigh connection to a neo nazi group that claimed it would "bring war to the American government" and look into the connection Terry Nichols had to Islamic extremists.

Seeings Neo Nazi's have joined forces with Islamic extremists is worrying because both have hatred for Israel.

American government should look into domestic terrorist groups before looking to the middle east.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Dissident guilty of Omagh bomb plot.

A dissident republican has been found guilty of plotting to cause the Omagh bombing - the worst single atrocity in 30 years of violence.
Father-of-four Colm Murphy, 49, was the only person charged in connection with the bombing of the County Tyrone town on 15 August 1998.

The blast - later admitted by the dissident republican Real IRA - killed 29 people, including a woman pregnant with twins, and injured hundreds.

BBC

Racial profiling will never work.

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I also posted this on another related thread, but it is also very appropriate for this discussion:

Much as most hate the thought of profiling, the police are just not going to find that many bombs searching 90 year old grannies and blonde Norwegians. And searching them just to make it look like there is no profiling going on just means that the real terrorists would have a better chance of slipping through. People need to stop pretending that they don't know that 99.9% of this is being done at the current time by (radical) muslims.

Here's an example to show how ridiculous this whole profiling question is: Let's say a person robs a bank and people see him drive away in a blue car. The anti-profilers would say that police must not check out only the blue cars to try and find the robber (because innocent people also drive blue cars), while people in favor of profiling would say that checking out red cars would be a waste of time and spread the police out thin enough to give the robber a better chance to escape. And so, while the police are being forced to intentionally look in the wrong place for the robber, another bank gets robbed by a guy driving a blue car.

Now change my example to fit what's happening in the real world today. It is so logically simple ...

[edit on 7/24/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It is logically simple, but as i said earlier, it would only promote racism. You cannot single one ethnic group out for body searches when other groups are going by unhindered.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If it needs to be done it will be done. Right now there are no bombings in the U.S. If bombings increase there will be prejudice at every level. Yes, there will be many who fall by the wayside who should not. That's the price you pay for the voice of Islam.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join