It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.A.E. Given 10 Days to Eject All Non-Muslims Or Else!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Following recent attacks in London, and in Egypt, new threats are now being made via an Islamist website. The United Arab Emirates has been warned to eject all non-Muslims including Westerners and all U.S. citizens within 10 days or face attacks.

quote.bloomberg.com
There are about 20,000 U.S. citizens resident in the U.A.E., according to the U.S. embassy in Dubai. The U.K., which is recovering from bomb attacks in London on July 7 that killed 56 people, has 100,000 of its citizens there.

"If you refuse to do this, we ask God to settle the matter or we will settle it with our own hands,'' said the statement posted July 19 by an unidentified individual on al-Sakifah Web site, which carries statements attributed to al-Qaeda in Iraq.

Security concerns are rising among governments in the Middle East allied to the U.S. following the attacks in London and the blasts early yesterday in the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt, which killed more than 85 people and wounded 200. Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Qatar boosted security of oil sites this year.

"All threats are taken seriously,'' said U.S. Embassy spokeswoman Hilary Olsin-Windecker in a telephone interview today from Abu Dhabi, the U.A.E.'s capital.

The statement criticized the U.A.E. for letting U.S. naval vessels dock at Jebel Ali port on the Persian Gulf and permitting shore leave in Dubai for crew of aircraft carriers, U.S.S. Kitty Hawk, U.S.S. John F. Kennedy and U.S.S. Harry S. Truman.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Given the successful recent attacks in Egypt, Could these be empty threats, or could it be possible these terrorists are ready to back up these new threats?

I am wondering how the U.A.E. will respond to these new threats. To make any kind of concession to these terrorists, such as ordering all Westerners to leave, or even if the Westerners leave on their own for “safety concerns” it would be seen among the radical Muslims as a victory for terrorism against the west. Quite a dilemma, to do nothing is a risk, to take actions that could be seen as giving in to these demands could have profound impact throughout the Middle-East.

It would seem that the U.A.E. is damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

[edit on 7-24-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I wonder how long it will be before we hear some people saying we should do the same in Britain. sarcasm on All non-whites out please! sarcasm off

Ive heard a lot of people lately believing we should stoop to the level of terrorists to combat them. Justifying the shooting of innocent people and removing personal freedoms.

Yeah if we forced all non-whites to leave England we would be safer for sure. But what would that say about us as a nation?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Any country faced with the choice of protecting their rights or protecting their citizens will find themselves in a "damned if you do and damned if you don't" position.

That is one of the key reasons the terrorists are doing what they are doing. One of their stated goals is to bring down western civilization, and they see this dilemma as a way to start the process.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The threat was made on an "Islamist Website"

As far as I can tell there is nothing in the form of an official threat being sent to the government of U.A.E.

I am sure there are all kind of threats posted on these "Islamist websites" everyday. I wonder what makes this one news?

Gazz

[edit on 24-7-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Yeah if we forced all non-whites to leave England we would be safer for sure. But what would that say about us as a nation?

I think you know the answer to that question. Aren't their black people in the UK? What needs to be done is closely monitor the actions of Islamic leader (Imams etc) and expel those who preach hatred and intolerance. If there are children being exposed to this hatred, charge those who expose them with child abuse and imprison them--otherwise expel them--by the thousands!!

Things will only get worse if nothing is done.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The 'Islamist websites' that issue these supposed warnings and threats are basically the arabic equivalent of ATS and other forums, anyone can post any nonsense they like with relative anonyminty.

They dont count as real threats, proper terrosits either communicate more directly, contacting newpapers, emergency services etc or don't communicate at all, as with all the recent bombings.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Agreed, on forums like these that exist in the extremest website you can be sure that they post anything and everything they can do state their hatred. All in all, it would have as much real impact on the governments if someone in the west were to state "All Muslims must reject their faith and convert to Blah-Blah religion or our group will destroy Mecca and Medina for all time.

btw: you have 10 days.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
i always read about "quotes" from islamic/militant websites/forums but... i had not been able to google up any website that looks "jihadist"

i surely like to bookmark some of those website and browse them occasionally

can anybody please U2U me some links please...

new topics

top topics

join