It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention: New Servers Coming Soon!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Over the next two weeks, we'll be migrating to our fourth significant infrastructure upgrade in the past 28 months.

The discussion boards and ATSNN will be moved to a new server cluster, providing a dedicated server for web services and a dedicated server for database services. This new infrastructure will also support scalable load balancing so that we can add additional servers much more easily in the future.

When this is complete, we'll have 4 servers running the entire ATS universe.

The migration to the split between database server and web application server will provide a giant boost in performance and capacity.

Thanks for your patience during some high-traffic and slow performance periods... help is on the way.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Yay! A faster ATS! Good job Skeptic Overlord
BTW how does your avatar change evrytime I refresh the page?

[edit on 24/7/05 by Atomix]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
WOW, SO, you just made my day.
Totally good news.
You do such an awesome job keeping ATS running smoothly. And not just that, but striving to be better.

My hat is off to you and the whole adminstrative crew

~~~~~~~~~

BTW,should we expect any downtime during the switch?

[edit on 24-7-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Nice one, noticed some lag of late, so this should help out considerably. SO i commend you for the work you put into this site dude

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Woooohoooooo NEW SERVER!!! When we get it..... CHAT PARTY TIME!!!
Thanks SO you're the bestest

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Great news!

Unbelievable growth here at ATS, at this rate, in a couple of years you will need a separate multi-floor building just to house the servers for this ATS ‘universe’.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Cool do we have a server farm now?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Great to hear that new servers are on the way. This month has been really busy, probably in part of the London and Egypt attacks. All of these servers are really impressing me and the costs must be pretty big.

So remember, help ATS out... and once the store comes around, buy an item or two... I know I will... it's not fair for us to keep getting such nice stuff and the powers that be don't get anything in return.

Let's keep on pushing forward... we're all doing a great job... and I think I might have heard from some guy who knew some guy who eats fish that ATS version 5.0 is possibly coming soon? I'd like some confirmation from an official about that.

Keep up the amazing work, SO and everyone else...

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

(removed reference to promoting something we cannot)

[edit on 24-7-2005 by SkepticOverlord]

[edit on 7/24/05 by prophetmike]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
great news...

ATS is a lil' slow these days...

but this means that we are growing...

so it is a good thing that we are a lil' slow

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
SkepticOverlord, it's good to hear. No more low bandwidth mode

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Well ATS seemed to be going fast enough to me. But if ATS is going to upgrade, then well thats amazing. Four servers, it's only a matter of time before we leak on to the so called real world.

BTW, Skeptic & Mr. Gray, have you guys considered turning into a corporation? I see the rate of ATS's expansion and I figure, it could easily be a profitable business (just so long as theres no membership fees) within a relativly short amount of time. Especially if we started production of ATS teddy bears, I'd buy one.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
BTW, Skeptic & Mr. Gray, have you guys considered turning into a corporation? I see the rate of ATS's expansion and I figure, it could easily be a profitable business (just so long as theres no membership fees) within a relativly short amount of time. Especially if we started production of ATS teddy bears, I'd buy one.

Funny you should say that... Check out this thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And congratulations SO! Glad to see he board is growing and moving so fast. It seems like only yesterday the last upgrade was carried out!

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon
SkepticOverlord, it's good to hear. No more low bandwidth mode

Heh heh we said that about the last one and it was bogged down by this huge growth we have seen.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
bogged down by this huge growth we have seen.

Victims of our own success!

So, what, one server per 10,000 members?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Overlord, you guys are doing a great job ...CONGRATS...its hard for me to picture ATS even faster than it already is.,...

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetmike

... and I think I might have heard from some guy who knew some guy who eats fish that ATS version 5.0 is possibly coming soon? I'd like some confirmation from an official about that.

ATS can get better....but how? Four servers jezz....
pretty soon we will need that "server farm" that was mentioned earlier. It will be awesome to look back and be like"Yea I was there before ATS members got stock options"

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
With these new servers how about we put some shockwave games up here? ATS themed ones like "Catch the Illuminati" or "The mystery of who ate Simon Gray's lunch" I can't code games or anything but we have lots of gifted members so Im sure someone can!

Yours sincerely,

Atomix - Director of Community Entertainment

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Sounds cool, but what's the catch? Are you guys going to start charging for something? I can see this ad in the near future.

********Upgrade to ATS Premium for only $56.99 a month!*********

Without the ATS Premium package you will not have the abitity to post,
reply, send U2Us, earn points, and start threads.

Just kidding. The point is that this happend to me before and I hope ATS dosn't start charging for something. Otherwise this is very good news that they are getting new servers.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Actually where are our servers now????? Are they like at your house??? In fact what is a server???

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Last I knew, SO didn't have the servers in his house. To my understanding they're some where out in Texes, if I am not mistaken. I may be, so no quotes on this.

As for the upgrade being needed, yes it does feel just like yesterday.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join