It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Gateway Experience (Monroe Inst.)

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Hi All,

I've recently purchased the full Gateway experience from the Monroe Institute and was wondering if anyone else has tried this or the other Hemi-Sync cd's?

I started by buying a couple of hemi-sync's through Itunes and found with meditation they gave me deeper meditation and different feelings such as euphoria..

I've managed an OBE before through meditation tapes and help from the rivergoddesses thread that is still going strong


I'm so far on Wave1 - 2nd track - introduction to focus 10

Any thoughts or advice would be welcomed from those that have tried this method




posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I wanted to buy them a while back, but I didn't have a credit card at the time, and plus they are like $500 US a set
. I wouldn't recommend becoming dependant on aids to help in astral projection/OOBE anyways. It's better to learn to do it naturally by will, in my opinion.

[edit on 24-7-2005 by Yarcofin]



posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I have the st but arent really putting effort into useing it. I agree with Yarcofin sorta.

I have had one obe for a few seconds natrally, but that was over a yr ago.

Monroe stated that this is kinda like traing wheels for beginnings who want to oobe or whatever..



www.monroeinstitute.org...

Q:Will I always need to use the tapes/CDs?
A: Absolutely not. They are like training wheels on a bicycle: wonderful for practice but possibly inhibiting as you learn to ride far and free.


But he has written a few good books, so I decided to try these out. Providing that the tapes arent dependant to ap, I would say go for it..

Altho once you use something thats good, its hard to let go.. Ask any crack fiend.



posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Thx for the repiles... Yes i've also bought Journey out of the body which is an interesting read! hence why i bought the "experience"!

I found the astralpulse forum today which is also a very good read and your very much right that the gateway series is a tool... i've managed OBE before using this particular tool but it appears that these tools might possibly allow us to get to OBE more frequently... when i can hopefully just get into it regularly without such...

A change in my lifestyle will be needed very much so... living over in the UK i frequent our pub's too much lol!



posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I was not even aware that they were still around, but I am happy to hear they are. I did use a few of their tapes many years ago and I found them helpful. My own particular path lead me in other directions but I think that they are doing some remarkable work.

Usually I am very cautious about any sort of technology that is intended to help people along the path to Enlightenment. But I think that the use of sound is as safe as such things can be.

Now I need to do some searching, see how far they have advanced in the last 15 years or so.


A.T
(-)



posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by awesomeade


I found the astralpulse forum today which is also a very good read and your very much right that the gateway series is a tool...


I will give you this link also, I put a bunch of sites and ats posts in it to help the person in this post, it may also help you to.

Astral Projection? Need 411?

Anyway I hope you find what you are looking for. The reason I didnt add Astral Pulse to that list of things, is I didnt think it was anything worth noting, but that is just myself.



posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I have not bought them though I would like to......being a single mom keeps most my money busy paying utilities and buying food.........it seems poor starving artists are not meant to get those coveted tapes!
Its neat to hear that they work! Please do keep us updated on how your progression goes!

[edit on 24-7-2005 by theRiverGoddess]



posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
*Bump*

Any updates on Gateway Experience?

It has been two years since the posting so I gather that the original poster have gone through it all by now....

// k



posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
heey i tried out the gateway cd!!
at first it didnt have any effect on me. i just didnt know HOW to actually listen to it..but now i just try to think of nothing and try to let the 'binaurals' take over my brain.. sounds weird! i know ahahha but thats how i do it. ..i really didnt want too go through all the 6 cd's before seeing any changes or an effect.. so i listened to cd 1..and then skipped the other cd's and started listening to cd6..the last one...and i can tell you this.. you really dont have go thru all the other cd's if you want too have an OBE ( my goal was to have an OBE )...just relax, listen to the binaurals, let them take over and you'll have an OBE for sure.
The hemi-sync technology can put anyone in the alterned state of mind of an Ancient seer or Advanced Meditator!



posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Sorry about posting in a very old thread, but it's the only one about this cd.


I have some questions some one might be able to answer.

When listening to the first CD, i've got the feeling like I am in a rollercoaster. You know, that weightless feeling when you are at the top of a rollercoaster? That's what I am feeling all the time, and especially when I breath in. Any explanations?


And also, when I am finished listening to a part of it. I have some trouble with seeing. It feels that I am looking through glasses (i am wearing glasses though) which are too strong or too weak. Is this normal?

And the third thing I have had, is that some of my muscles start to shock.. or vibrate.

Pretty strange things. Anyone who knows what this might be?

Oh, and by the way, I have absolutely no experience with these kind of things (meditation and things like that).



posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I have the gateway experiance and they do seem to work. I even asked a friend of mine
who is into meditation, to try listning to them and with out telling her what to expect she reported feeling like she was floating, and her body dropped away. She also said that it was the fastest she had ever been able to get her body to completly relax.



posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Alex505
 


Your muscle vibrations are totally normal. These are the initial stages of having an out of body experience. Those vibrations you feel get more intense and then you might hear some strange sounds like voices or popping sounds. When you experience this you are on the verge of separating from your body. Don't be alarmed, just let the vibrations take over and you will start to either sink through your bed or float up to the ceiling.

Hope this helps.



posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I recently purchased the gateway experience as well as the journeys out of the body CD's... I was hoping to find people on here that have used this method and get some personal experiences and/or feedback regarding it. Although I only recently started the CD's I can say without a doubt that these binaural beat CD's are better than any others I have tried so far, but the most expensive also.

Instead of rushing through the series, I am taking my time and doing it correctly. I have started over from the beginning, as I have found a lot of beneficial information in the manual, I should have read it first... Anyway, good luck with it and I hope it works well for you!



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
reply to post by Alex505
 


Your muscle vibrations are totally normal. These are the initial stages of having an out of body experience. Those vibrations you feel get more intense and then you might hear some strange sounds like voices or popping sounds. When you experience this you are on the verge of separating from your body. Don't be alarmed, just let the vibrations take over and you will start to either sink through your bed or float up to the ceiling.

Hope this helps.


Thank you. Very helpful. And I also want to add that I was always very sceptical about these kind of things, but it it definitely does something to me, which I absolutely didn't expect. And it is so fast.. which is amazing. I am always very buzzy in my head, but this CD manages to talk me into some sort of sleeping mode within a few minutes!



Originally posted by jefferzzzz
I recently purchased the gateway experience as well as the journeys out of the body CD's... I was hoping to find people on here that have used this method and get some personal experiences and/or feedback regarding it.

My feedback would be that the only thing I don't like is these boxes and balloons you'll have to imagine. I have absolutely no idea what to do when he says that.



[edit on 2-7-2010 by Alex505]



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Alex505
 


The box you are supposed to imagine is a box you put all your worries and other thoughts into so that they don't creep into your meditation/experience. I wouldn't worry about it if you can't visualize it. You can always fake it til you make it (Look into Bruce Moen, a Gateway experiencer who employs this method in his books).

The balloon is basically a protection device and a way to raise your energy. You are supposed to imagine yourself surrounded by white or sparkly light, and you build this balloon around yourself by cycling energy through your body. Like I said, fake it til you make it. I have a theory it is supposed to also help you with lifting off.

There is a whole gateway experience torrent online, not sure if it works the same way as the CDs or not due to the translation of files.

I have a few hemisync CDs, one is for sleep and another relaxation. I find if I do them at night I'm asleep in a few minutes. Hard to do any "work" when you're asleep so I don't worry about it, I'm sure I'm listening somehow.

Vibrations and going numb or feeling like you are tingly all over "pins and needles' are classic signs of going into an OOBE. Also, you can hear popping, voices, music or roaring sounds/wind.



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by goobgirl
reply to post by Alex505
 


The box you are supposed to imagine is a box you put all your worries and other thoughts into so that they don't creep into your meditation/experience. I wouldn't worry about it if you can't visualize it. You can always fake it til you make it (Look into Bruce Moen, a Gateway experiencer who employs this method in his books).

The balloon is basically a protection device and a way to raise your energy. You are supposed to imagine yourself surrounded by white or sparkly light, and you build this balloon around yourself by cycling energy through your body. Like I said, fake it til you make it. I have a theory it is supposed to also help you with lifting off.

There is a whole gateway experience torrent online, not sure if it works the same way as the CDs or not due to the translation of files.

I have a few hemisync CDs, one is for sleep and another relaxation. I find if I do them at night I'm asleep in a few minutes. Hard to do any "work" when you're asleep so I don't worry about it, I'm sure I'm listening somehow.

Vibrations and going numb or feeling like you are tingly all over "pins and needles' are classic signs of going into an OOBE. Also, you can hear popping, voices, music or roaring sounds/wind.


Wow.. thanks for your reply.

Could you describe this lifting off as a feeling as if you were in a rollercoaster? Some sort of a weightless feeling?

Edit: oooops..
I read that I shouldn't listen to this gateway experience, because I have antidepressant meds. Well, I think I will just go on with it, I didn't have negative effects.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Alex505]



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The second time I listened to the gateway experiance I think I almost "left" my body. I couldn't feel my body just like I was weightless, then I felt like I was rushing forward. Kinda freeked me out and I snapped awake because I was not expecting it.



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I haven't gone OOBE consciously yet. But I can get the rollercoaster feeling when I start working with my energy. It's kinda cool. I don't think being on medication will have any ill effect, but I am not a doctor.



posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tfhero
The second time I listened to the gateway experiance I think I almost "left" my body. I couldn't feel my body just like I was weightless, then I felt like I was rushing forward. Kinda freeked me out and I snapped awake because I was not expecting it.

I have had exactly the same. That weightlessness feeling. Really amazing, isn't it?



Originally posted by goobgirl
I haven't gone OOBE consciously yet. But I can get the rollercoaster feeling when I start working with my energy. It's kinda cool. I don't think being on medication will have any ill effect, but I am not a doctor.


Yeah, it's pretty cool.. Now that I know that you guys have the same feelings, I will probably go on with it
Thanks



posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This might interest you too. I started the Gateway series after initiation into the Sant Mat spiritual tradition of meditation. This guy's website explains a lot of the levels of creation you can explore. PM if you want the name of the spiritual master who initiated me, as I don't want this to be a "plug" or anything.

soundcurrentrider.com



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join