It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Discovery Set For Lift Off, 15.43 Tuesday

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I tell you what - that wait for MECO was one anxiety-ridden 8 minutes! I had to go smoke after they cut off!

[edit on 7-26-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I tell you what - that wait for MECO was one anxiety-ridden 8 minutes! I had to go smoke after they cut off!

Oh yeah! I don't smoke, but I sure wanted something to help my twitchy nerves! It was a beautiful launch, though -- and let's hope we have an equally smooth landing!

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I did smoke
it was quite nerve wrecking, but it was absolutely beautiful. I'm with you Byrd, I hope and pray for an equally successful return trip home for our brave astronauts.

The best part for me, was watching how excited my kids were while they watched the event with me. The launch definitely peaked their interest into space travel. They've been playing astronauts and aliens since then, the floor is earth and the top bunk is the moon.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Two pieces of possible debris were seen falling from space shuttle Discovery following Tuesday morning's launch. The debris was seen just after when the solid rocket boosters are jettisoned from the external fuel tank.

VIDEO

Todays Discovery launch was a WASTE of over $6 million if you ask me.... We could have spent the money on funding the weapons we will need on the upcoming WWIII!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I had to go smoke after they cut off!

I went before to settle my nerves....and after in celebration

It was great to see it live on Australian television.... It was one of the best hang on to the edge of the seats drama I have seen for a long time. The power of the takeoff was fantastic to watch but I don't think you would get me up in one of them too quickly...yet I would love a ride in a UFO...I guess that means I trust Alien technology much more than my fellow man..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join