It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

man shot dead guilty of defying police.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
can we just get this straight?

the posts drawing the wrong conclusion that British police officers or SAS soldiers have shot dead an innocent man are totally incorrect.

This event is terribly,terribly sad, a brazillian man legally living in Britain has been shot dead by armed police after the confussion of being suspected of being a terrorist armed with a bomb.

However, he is definatley guilty of failing to comply with a direct command of "STOP, ARMED POLICE"

Am i one of the few people here on ATS living by the motto of "deny ignorance"?

Why was this man running?.......innocent people dont run from the police.

surley this guy must have found it slightly odd that (even if he didnt understand english, which it states that he did) he was being shouted at and having guns pointed at him?

No way with the current situation in London would i (in the armed officers position) have acted differentley.....

what are you people expecting next?....police officers shouting "hey please stop...ok,ok, keep running but just tell us if you have a bomb about you which your about to detonate in a tube station and thus kill many innocent commuters?"

every one's a saint when it comes to making a decision after the event.

my heart goes out firstly to the armed officers that have had to make this'call' and the mixed emotions they will have to live with, and also to this brazillian mans family and loved ones.......it all would have been different if hed stopped when ordered.

[edit on 24-7-2005 by optimus fett]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Do some research on the methods of Brazillian police, and then say that again.

Here's a helpful hint. If you're in Brazil, and the cops ask you to come with them, run like hell.

I'm not defending what he did, because I don't have to. He made a decision, and it cost him his life. The gentleman who unloaded 5 rounds to put down this 'dangerous' electrician will have to live with that decision for the rest of his life.

We all pay for our decisions, one way or another.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Don't grandstand here and infer that the rest of us are idiots. I actually agree in part that this man got lead because of his own actions in combination with other things.

This is a conspiracy forum. If people want to speculate that it was the SAS and not the police then that's what this forum is here for. You sound kind of silly claiming the privilege of "Denying Ignorance" when you put down people for using this forum for its expressed intents and purposes.

Get off your high horse.

[edit on 24-7-2005 by cargo]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Lets try to contain this within one discussion please.

We already have an existing discussion in this forum here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute to the existing discussion.

Thread closing.

join