It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

witchcraft...need answer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I met someone who I immediately felt I had known before. She had recently gone through a divorce and had a child in the marriage. We became great friends in a short amount of time. (For reference, I did feel attracted to her, but never acknowledged this until it was to late.) Anyway, soon after the divorce the ex-husband ( a self-acknowleged warlock...) began to disobey the law in regards to see his daughter. (he was a horrible 19 year old father) I never officially met him, but believe me he was far too immature to have a child. (the mother might have been too... but she is still my friend.)
Anyway to get to the point, one night my friend (her) became so scared of what her ex-husband might do to get his daughter back that she asked if I would help her cast a spell to protect her daughter from him. I was kind of immature at the time and did not believe in witchcraft so I said sure. I didn't know what to expect but I agreed to drive down to the local river and let her out to do whatever she thought was right...(witchcraft)
Afterwords i drove her back to her place and inside she said that i shoulod be give a protection spell. I didn't know what the heck was happening at this time, but i said yes. she began to wrap something up in cloth and said i should keep it overnight. I did not. I kept it in my glove compartment in my truck and I went to sleep in my own place.
That night I had THE MOST TERRIFYING DREAM I have ever had. In the dream I was a witness to a futuristic form of torture. A man was strapped to a table and his head was shaved. along what would be the tiny skull fissures of his skull where metal braces, attached to either side of the fissue. The braces where connected by screws that would slowly tear appart the skull fissures...This happened about four years ago, and even though i remain her friend...it still freaks me out. was this caused by him (warlock?)

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Id doubt it. I dont belive much in whitchcraft, if it was youd still have the dream...

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I don't believe in withcraft either, but through a lot of disscussion and research i believe that my friend, her ex-husband and me had once known each other before (possibly in the 1600s' germany) I saved her from a fire in a castle caused by the now ex-husband. hense the retribution from him now. I have told this story to my friends for over four years now and they think i'm nuts... i beieve what i type and i would hope for serious questions... i haven't been the same sense...help please!

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
You don't need to believe. Your friends belief in magic made it happen. You particated in something that you have no experience in. Unfortunately, you will just have to let the spell run its course. Also, keep in mind the law of three, what you send out comes back to you threefold. Do look at this in a negative way. Just reflect on it and learn from it.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Quite the story.

First to put your mind at rest, if someone calls themselves a 'Warlock' then they are phony. Any significant study of the occult will lead you to the understanding that that term is not used. A male Witch is a Witch. There are some schools who use Wizard but even that is mostly an old term.

I agree that your dream was simply a reaction, although I would say it was mostly caused by your friend's fear and the actions you were involved in.

Your best defense is to realize what a total moron this guy is, he can do nothing to you unless you let him. Consider this, if the kind of power he claims existed then we would all be ruled by Wizards and other workers of powers beyond the norm. We are not and it is because there are so many natural safeguards. The guy is a jerk, he has no power over you. Convince your female friend of that and all this will go away.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The only power this guy has over you is the haunted feeling you've been living with for several years now. Guess what? He didn't do that, You did. The only power anyone has over you spiritually is the power you grant unto them. YOU had a nightmare and felt he did something. YOU are the one living with this and letting it haunt you. YOU are the last soul on earth focused on it because he's probably off getting drunk and doesn't even remember who YOU are.

There is a good lesson here though. Don't play around with things that scare you, it might give you bad dreams.

Wupy

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This might relax you, it does me, my mother told me to do this as aa child when i was scared of things in the dark.

Close your eyes and imagine a glowing light coming form your chest, now imagine that glow grow bigger and bigger, and let it evolve into a sphere around you. Then repeat i am safe, protected and nothing can harm me.

There are no limits when it comes to magick, well there are but only if the threefold laws come into it. Also some more advise - Do not try things that you havent propperly researched, you must have knowledge before you anything in this world.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
thanks for the support. this happened four years ago and yes this guy is an idiiot, and my friend has no communication with him whatsoever...still the dream i had still kind of freaks me out...i don't entirely believe it was MY dream...

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
And for the record, forget all the 'law of 3s' BS spouted above.

Just because it rolls off the tongue don't mean it depicts reality.

Yes, many things happen in 3s. No, someone is not 'automatically punished' for committing harm to you (even in the dream state), sorry to dispel that one.

As for the previous life stuff, don't believe that you can't change the past...

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles

Yes, many things happen in 3s. No, someone is not 'automatically punished' for committing harm to you (even in the dream state), sorry to dispel that one.

As for the previous life stuff, don't believe that you can't change the past...

I agree! i have't dicussed the past life situation as well as i could, but i am curious about how i could change it...my friend is kind of happily married now and i am content with that (shes' had a hard life), but at the same time it is hard meeting new people without disclosing an extremely weird relationship that i once had with a witch...(such is life)

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Akilles,

I rather doubt that you can 'dispel' something that has roots that go back for Ages. You are certainly free to disagree but it will take quite a bit more than a couple of lines to convince others. It is not a simple one-one relationship and is much more complex than the simple Rule of Three suggests. I am not going to repeat what I have already said in a recient thread on Karma but if you really want to debate this subject that would be the place to do it.

Eyeballkid,

Glad we were able to help.

A.T
(-)

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I am sorry to bring this up again, but what is a good thread to discuss past souls the you know in this life? Thanks!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
visiting your dream and scaring you with something is a thing so called witches like to do, who are to weak to hurt you in real life.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I believe the Rule of 3 does not affect those who would receive it for some malignant act perpetrated on another. In this life, however I do believe karmic retribution is visited upon a "soul" when they pass on, into the ether, and onto the next life. Let's stay away from talking about reincarnation, but I feel pretty confident he will get what's coming to him "karm-ically." Next time take the cloth!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hi Eyeballkid. I understand that your dream may have affected you deeply, to the point it still worries you today, some four years later. There are dreams and dreams and I trust you to know when one of your dreams feels 'different' compared to your normal dreams.

Have you considered (you probably have) that your dream may have been caused by your curiosity about the ritual your female friend engaged in, down by the river? To my understanding, you drove her to that location at her request, but remained apart from her activities there and simply drove her home -- at which point, out of concern for you, your friend performed a protection ritual on your behalf, including an amulet which she instructed you to keep on your person (which you elected to leave in your truck).

While you were waiting for her at the river, you obviously gave some thought to what your friend might be doing. Your thoughts were doubtlessly influenced by her claims that her ex-husband was a 'warlock' on a mission to gain his child.

Ok. This is all pretty heady stuff for you, seeing as you had no prior involvement in or knowledge of, the occult. And the drama and fear-content was heightened by your friend's activities and claims. You probably attempted to repress a lot of the fear and anxiety; tried to brush it off and tell yourself you were only trying to help a friend. Clearly, you WERE anxious and feeling out of your depth, as illustrated by the fact you chose to 'distance' yourself from the situation AND from the fearfulness it caused you .... by leaving the protective amulet in your truck. In other words, you said to yourself: 'Hey -- I dont' want any part of this, don't want to be dragged into this stuff, don't want this thing (protective amulet) near me.

SO ... you didn't REALLY buy everything your friend told you. ( If you HAD, you would have clung to that 'protective amulet' as if your life depended on it). All of which indicates you have a decent grip on sanity and had it all -- even then -- in good perspective.

But what happened was (it seems) it played on your mind. Played on some atavistic fear. Of course it would. And you'd tried to hold down the fear and keep it all in perspective and you went home and left the thing in your truck. You probably thought about it and tried to make sense of it all, as you were going to sleep. And then when you were asleep, out it popped: all that fear you'd held down.

I see your dream as *not* a threat to you, not something that the ex-husband 'warlock' intended/intends to inflict on you. Instead, to me, your dream seems the result of your natural curiosity about what your friend was up to, down by the river. To me, your dream sounds like something your own mind conjured up about what your friend was inflicting on her ex-husband. She may not have 'cursed' him in any such way of course. But the sleeping mind is very inventive and yours probably combined random bits of stuff gleaned from old movies, tv shows and books (a little bit of Franenstien etc.) and came up with the Tortured Man images.

I think your fears turned it around and caused you to suspect that *you* would be the Tortured Man. Hope you can see it from that perspective and relax.

After all, what did you actually DO? Nothing, apart from drive a worried friend to a spot of her choosing. You didn't harm the ex-husband. You aren't a threat to him, not then, not now. Your friend (the ex-husband's former wife) has remarried. If the 'warlock ex-husband' wanted to gain revenge on anyone, it would be upon his ex-wife (your friend) and her new husband and new friends ... not you. You were nothing more than a very minor player in all this. You didn't do anything an ex-husband OR a 'warlock' would get himself in a tantrum about. Do you see?

I don't believe you need to worry. The 'warlock' would probably smile in confusion if he knew you were concerned about him. You're Ok. You'll be ok. Stop worrying:-)

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeking Nirvana
You don't need to believe. Your friends belief in magic made it happen. You particated in something that you have no experience in. Unfortunately, you will just have to let the spell run its course. Also, keep in mind the law of three, what you send out comes back to you threefold. Do look at this in a negative way. Just reflect on it and learn from it.

The law of three would only apply if the caster of this supposed spell was a practitioner of Wicca. There are many other(more ancient) methods that people supposedly used when practicing witchcraft. Honestly, I think what happened was a self induced delusion brought on by the fact that you didn't understand what was happening. Your lack of knowledge left your mind open to anything she might have said to you. I think your subconcious just picked up on that vibe that you "needed protection" and you had a nightmare because of it. Think about this: If this guy was indeed some kind of a warlock, would he not have done something a bit more drastic than give you a bad dream? I mean really, you had just been told that she thought he might do something crazy to get his kid. What kind of a spell do you think she cast on him? A love spell? No, I believe you just succumbed to an interesting concept that your mind exploited on a subconcious level. Wouldn't worry about it too much until the guy shows up, kidnaps you, and then installs screws along the side of your head. Have a nice day

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
For every action there is an equal balancing reaction; when viewed Kamatically, does this not mean that we are held responsible for our actions, our words and our thoughts?

While some individuals may 'look' as if Karma seems to pass them by in this lifetime, that may not necessarilly be the case for the rest of us. If you owe, you pay. Regardless of when the bill comes due, life demands a balance.

Not all "Karma" is associated with going through actual 'physical' actions. It may be possible that shifting or changing one's perspective and attitude may 'work off' Karma also.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Regarding the concept of 'karma'. If such is to be accepted, it must also be accepted that we are all simply helpless cogs in a machine.

For example: man deserts wife and family, causing them much suffering.

But WHEN did this cycle commence? WHO is 'inflicting karmic justice on whom' ?

Did the wife and children 'earn' their CURRENT suffering in their previous lives by causing suffering to others?

If so, the man who deserts them and causes their suffering NOW, should not, surely, be required to 'pay the bill' in the future. For by deserting his wife and children NOW, is he not simply a tool of 'karmic law' which has ARRANGED for his wife and children to suffer in order they may pay off their previous 'karmic debt' ?

Chicken and egg.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Very interesting Dock6, I have never seen it put that way. Perhaps the wife and child earned it in a previous life yet karma could possibly entail suffering in their life and this is how they experienced it. Perhaps attracted to a negative man who would cause this suffering, and because of his actions he would suffer karmatically as well. Hard for me to put in words what I'm thinking, hope you get my drift.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Thanks dock6, your reply makes alot of sense. That dream was the most realistic dream I have ever had (I'm 26) and there is ALOT more to this story than I have typed, (or would care to disclose) I have told the entire story to friends, but they thought I was nuts, so I have moved away and I remain a recluse.

Being an old soul is mighty hard in the U.S. today. I make it day to day...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join