It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Say World War III Likely

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Americans are far more likely than the Japanese to expect another world war in their lifetime, according to AP-Kyodo polling 60 years after World War II ended. Most people in both countries believe the first use of a nuclear weapon is never justified.

But people in the two countries have very different views on everything from the U.S. use of the atomic bomb in 1945, fears of
North Korea and the American military presence in Japan.

Some of the widest differences came on expectations of a new world war.

Six in 10 Americans said they think such a war is likely, while only one-third of the Japanese said so, according to polling done in both countries for The Associated Press and Kyodo, the Japanese news service.

The Japanese were less likely than Americans to expect a world war, less worried about the threat from North Korea and less inclined to say a first strike with nuclear weapons could be justified.

The poll of 1,000 adults in the United States was conducted for the AP by Ipsos, an international polling company, from July 5-10 and the poll of 1,045 eligible voters in Japan was conducted for Kyodo by the Public Opinion Research Center from July 1-3. Each poll has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Source

I think a "world war 3" would involve many counties NOT listed in the article.

Its interesting to see the varied opinions from around the world. Kind of a small polling audience too....

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
No the media surpasses the masses in "stating" what we think.

Really audacious, if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
i dont know if ww3 will happen or not
i hope not

destruction is stupid and retarded

i think the japanese media and govt probably doesnt dramatize everything to the extent american media does

the media here in america is trying to "scare us"

in japan the media probably does the same; but to a lesser extent

im just speculating based on the results of the poll

it said japanese are less likely to believe N Korea is a threat
oh really??
this is extremely interesting because it shows the American media blows it out of proportion

american media "japan is in danger of N Korea missles! oh nooO!"
then to discover most japanese arent even that worried; tells alot

perhaps N Korea isnt that big of a threat after all?
-----im just speculating keep in mind

join