It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ever heard this one before????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Check this one out.
I have lived in AZ most of my life and I just heard about this last fall.
You guys will hafta do the best you can with this: www.rense.com
Go to UFO section, search for 'Grand Canyon City coverup'.
There are other articles on the net but they all pretty much say the same thing.
By the way, I tried to get the newspaper archives, the paper went out of business just a few months before I found out about it.
I told my mom about it, she wrote Smithsonian and they denied it, except the lady Mom talked to let it slip they had some 'coffins' from the site!
sledge

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Yes, I've heard of this one. It's another of the wild tales originally written for one of the Western magazines. There's a number of flaws in the story that show it's outright fiction -- entertaining stuff but not as good as Edgar Rice Burroughs.

But it's like the Tarzan stories; same era, same genre. There were lots of them and some of them are showing up from people who believe they're absolutely true.

They aren't.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Yes, I've heard of this one. It's another of the wild tales originally written for one of the Western magazines. There's a number of flaws in the story that show it's outright fiction -- entertaining stuff but not as good as Edgar Rice Burroughs.

But it's like the Tarzan stories; same era, same genre. There were lots of them and some of them are showing up from people who believe they're absolutely true.

They aren't.
well, that shot some good reading for the night...

*goes and searches again*

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Sort of odd that the Arizona Republic (parent co. of the Gazette) would have the original on micro fiche, isn't it? Especially as it's 'a story' like ERB's.
One should research before denial. But this is America, to each their own.
sledge

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hello sledge and all

The stories told of the Grand Canyon City are true! I have some info from some that have been there and I'll post it here in a bit.

rense article here .. but the thing to remember is that orthos will do everything they can to cover it up.

Just as they have been trying to cover-up the real meaning of the Serpent Mound in Adams Co. Ohio

bc

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
As much as Id love to find something that is from a pre-flood civ, this story would not pan out in that area.

I mention that because it is even more far fetched to be from anyone on this side of the flood. With no possible means for construction (other then in the mind of the person who imagined it) this place does not exist.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
ive never heard about that. Any other info?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sledge
Sort of odd that the Arizona Republic (parent co. of the Gazette) would have the original on micro fiche, isn't it? Especially as it's 'a story' like ERB's.
One should research before denial. But this is America, to each their own.
sledge

But WAS it?

I've heard the story before, as I said, and haven't found anyone (in the past 30 years) that saw microfilm/microfiche or other evidence of the article's really being published. I'm willing to be convinced that there's a story if there's microfiche available but to date nobody's turned up with it.

...and preferably with microfiche of the whole page which would have additional details (other stories) readily confirmed by local historians proving that this was really the newspaper page.

Yes, I'm a skeptic. Many years of tracing these tales to their origins has made me much less willing to accept them without some other proof.

top topics

join