It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Man mistakenly shot dead in London was Brazilian...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:
D

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby

it was later admitted to the victim's family that it was 8 shots. i am listening to what you're saying, but i think accounts are too confusing right now to come to any sort of conclusion to whether this was the right action.

eye-witness accounts at the time are confusing at best:

"I saw an Asian guy. He ran on to the train, he was hotly pursued by three plain clothes officers, one of them was wielding a black handgun.

asian?

Just a side note, I think in Britain, Indians and Pakistani's are called Asians and Chinese, Japanese, Koreans and South East Asians are called Orientals.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
We hear in Spain that the Brasilian wasnt only shot 5 times but now they say 7 times in the HEAD and ONCE in the shoulder...???

Me thinks that this was a case of a little over eagerness and twitchy trigger finger on the behalf of the police !!

I fully understand the circumstances and there are no second chances with suicide bombers so you have to take them out, but, SEVEN TIMES IN THE HEAD AT POINT BLANK RANGE is a little excessive, dont you think??

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
We hear in Spain that the Brasilian wasnt only shot 5 times but now they say 7 times in the HEAD and ONCE in the shoulder...???

Me thinks that this was a case of a little over eagerness and twitchy trigger finger on the behalf of the police !!

I fully understand the circumstances and there are no second chances with suicide bombers so you have to take them out, but, SEVEN TIMES IN THE HEAD AT POINT BLANK RANGE is a little excessive, dont you think??

yes you are correct here, he was shot 8 times in total, 7 in the head and 1 in the shoulder. he also appears to have 'tripped' in the carriage and was then pounced upon by the police following him who pinned him down by both arms before he was shot in the back of the head.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by D

Originally posted by shaunybaby

it was later admitted to the victim's family that it was 8 shots. i am listening to what you're saying, but i think accounts are too confusing right now to come to any sort of conclusion to whether this was the right action.

eye-witness accounts at the time are confusing at best:

"I saw an Asian guy. He ran on to the train, he was hotly pursued by three plain clothes officers, one of them was wielding a black handgun.

asian?

Just a side note, I think in Britain, Indians and Pakistani's are called Asians and Chinese, Japanese, Koreans and South East Asians are called Orientals.

yeah but this guy was brazilian, hence not asian. i was just pointing out the fact that many eye witness statements are too confusing to trust.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I am going to go on a limb here - after all this is a conspiracy forum - and ask this... What if his killing wasn't a mistaken identity? What if they killed him because he found something out? After all, he was an electrician. He may have known something about the bombings, the CCTV cameras on buses, or something else.

Perhaps he didn't even know anything but someone though he did. I know it is a long shot but it might explain his execution like killing.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Updated

Mistakes led to tube shooting
6.57PM, Tue Aug 16 2005

ITV News has obtained secret documents and photographs that detail why police shot Jean Charles De Menezes dead on the tube.

The Brazilian electrician was killed on 22 July, the day after the series of failed bombings on the tube and bus network.

The crucial mistake that ultimately led to his death was made at 9.30am when Jean Charles left his flat in Scotia Road, South London.

Surveillance officers wrongly believed he could have been Hussain Osman, one of the prime suspects, or another terrorist suspect.

By 10am that morning, elite firearms officers were provided with what they describe as "positive identification" and shot De Menezes eight times in the head and upper body.

The documents and photographs confirm that Jean Charles was not carrying any bags, and was wearing a denim jacket, not a bulky winter coat, as had previously been claimed.

He was behaving normally, and did not vault the barriers, even stopping to pick up a free newspaper.

He started running when we saw a tube at the platform. Police HAD agreed they would shoot a suspect if he ran.

www.itv.com...

Crustas

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join