It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there for anyone of us ONE TRUE LOVE SOMWHERE IN THE WORLD?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
do you think that somehow somwhere in the world anyone of us has a true love. And how big is the chance that we will meet each other?

yavis

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Nope.

I used to...but now I don't hold to the fantasy of 'one true love'...rather hold to a belief in numerous persons of possible compatibility. Just how compatible depends on how much effort both are willing to put in.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
rather hold to a belief in numerous persons of possible compatibility.

You know thats really cold. Personally, I think there is someone out there for me and for everyone else. Will we meet each other? Probably. I figure that the hard part is realizing that that person is the one for you. If you don't figure that out you'll end up alone or many divorced. I'm keeping my eyes open really wide.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
well, the problem is, I like a lot of woman...

I hope that there is more than "one true love somewhere in the world" man!...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
No.

I think there are a lot of people out there who would be your "one true love." I think there are many many many people who would be a perfect match for you, and you've just gotta find them, or someone close. One is silly; there are too many people for just one to exist.

Note: They don't have to be similar.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I thought at one time in my life that I had found my "soul-mate", that one true love that we all have dreamed of. But, apparently, she didn't feel the same.

I hope there is, yet, a true love for me, but I've been looking a long, long time,now. * sniff sniff *

But, like they say, never say "never"

[edit on 7/27/2005 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
By me it s always like this, when I really like someone I think that that person is really gonna be the 1.... but nope it never happens.
I think there are different true lovers out there fo everybody.

yavis

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
for SOME people their is that one true love waiting for them... but good luck, its tough work

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I don't really think anyone has that "one true love" thing going on... My personal theory on love, which has been minorly adjusted due to recent circumstances, is that you aren't bound by fate or destined to fall in love with a certain person- You convince yourself of love... You make yourself love someone over time and circumstance, not by happenstance... Or at least that's my take on it...

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by yavis
do you think that somehow somwhere in the world anyone of us has a true love. And how big is the chance that we will meet each other?

yavis

I would like to think so. If you meet mine, please send her my way!

You'll know her because .....

She:

1) Is between 4'2" and 7'5" tall
2) Has an IQ above 80
3) Has hair
4) Is between the ages of 23 and 102
5) Likes to smile

(over the course of 33 years she has changed, or my interpritation of her has ....)

Seriously, though:

I met my one true love once and we dated for about 3 1/2 years. She then promptly slept with my bosses and took my soul when she left me. I havn't been in a relationship for about 8 years now.

I miss her.

[edit on 08/12/71 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
You can look around until you're blue in the face but no man or woman will give you that which you seek. Only a relationship with the Son of God can fill that hole.

Know Jesus, Know Peace.
No Jesus, No Peace.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Machine
You can look around until you're blue in the face but no man or woman will give you that which you seek. Only a relationship with the Son of God can fill that hole.

Know Jesus, Know Peace.
No Jesus, No Peace.

I'm hederosexual, and I'm not sure Jesus is gay to begin with.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

yavis

I would like to think so. If you meet mine, please send her my way!

You'll know her because .....

She:

1) Is between 4'2" and 7'5" tall
2) Has an IQ above 80
3) Has hair
4) Is between the ages of 23 and 102
5) Likes to smile

(over the course of 33 years she has changed, or my interpritation of her has ....)

Seriously, though:

I met my one true love once and we dated for about 3 1/2 years. She then promptly slept with my bosses and took my soul when she left me. I havn't been in a relationship for about 8 years now.

I miss her.

[edit on 08/12/71 by Esoteric Teacher]

I know like hundreds of people who belong in your category....

yavis

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Why do you think that?

yavis

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
dewd, I have been where you are and to tell you the truth.. it gets no better. This is what life is all about. You will suffer, slave and expire and be used by those around you at the first opportunity they get. All people have an agenda or they would not choose to associate with other people. The fact of the matter is, if you think life is the same as in fairytalez where you have a soulmate, you are going to lead a very dissapointed life. In my opinion, if you want to get by in life, you have t treat women like excrement, walk all over people at the first opportunity you get and always go behind peoples back. It's survival of the fittest out there and since changing my lifestyle and acting the opposite to that which I beleive is moral, my life has increased for the better. I don't feel gratified where morality is concerned but who cares when you ain't got to worry about a relationship that can go wrong or colleagues who will walk all over you. Think of life as a race up a narrow stairway.

The first to the top is the winner. No second prize for being polite and allowing someone else to walk ahead of you as you stand a side.. if you have to - trip them up and run over them. Don't let a woman chat to you halfway up the stairs because they will keep you static indefinitley whilst others pass you by getting further up the stairs and thus making themselves more appealing to the women and leaving you feeling as if nice guys finish last.

Nice guys finish last but nasty people are always rich and successful.

Be like Patrick Bateman!

P.S.
Jesus might have been a homosexual.
- He had the apostles (all fellas) that he would hang out with.
- Never had a girlfriend/wife/partner so to speak.
- Was in touch with his 'emotions'
- Jesus totally rejected the masculine code of valour and violence universally espoused in his time
- Jesus and his male friends like to kiss each other, for example Matthew 26:49
- John 13:25 tells of John lying with his head on Jesus's breast. Straight men don't do that, at least not in our culture.

True.... probably
Relevent..... No.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
well the topic links in with destiny i herd somewhere that u meet ur true love earlier in ur life

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Why do you think that?

yavis

Mary Magdellin, Davinci's "Last Supper", holding hands with either Mary, or John. That is why I'm not sure. Also apocryphil books that state Jesus and Mary kissed on the mouth, and the scripts date to the time of Christ.

Like I said, I'm not sure. Care less either way. Was intended as a jokingly way to interpret someone elses post that our only true love is Jesus, in which case would support the arguement of polygomy on our saviours part. Everyone's true love is Jesus? Hard for men to swallow, we'd never have any children, as all women on this planet would only mate with Jesus. Shall I continue, or do you get the point?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Mary Magdellin, Davinci's "Last Supper", holding hands with either Mary, or John. That is why I'm not sure.

Davinci gave a personal artistic interpretation that is no more accurate than a picture by myself today.

Like I said, I'm not sure. Care less either way. Was intended as a jokingly way to interpret someone elses post that our only true love is Jesus, in which case would support the arguement of polygomy on our saviours part. Everyone's true love is Jesus? Hard for men to swallow, we'd never have any children, as all women on this planet would only mate with Jesus. Shall I continue, or do you get the point?

huh?

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Machine

Know Jesus, Know Peace.
No Jesus, No Peace.

in response to "HUH?"

The original poster wanted to know if there is only 1 true love for each of us.

Machine says everyones' true love is Jesus.

That being so, and 1 +1 = what it does, then

In order for everyone to truly love Jesus, no one can have sex with anyone, but Jesus. For, they would be cheating on the Son of God, who is whom everon's true love is.

Therefore, no other man but Jesus will have sex with any other woman, because every womans true love is Jesus.

If you don't comprehend this point of view, here is what I feel:
It truly isn't worth arguing in the first place.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

in response to "HUH?"

The original poster wanted to know if there is only 1 true love for each of us.

Machine says everyones' true love is Jesus.

.. with all due respect, Jesus is not mine or any other non Christian individuals "true love".

In order for everyone to truly love Jesus, no one can have sex with anyone, but Jesus. For, they would be cheating on the Son of God, who is whom everon's true love is.

Do you think it is not possible to have sex with out there being love involved? You can love your family, doesn't mean you are cheating on Jesus nor do you have to confuse sexual intercourse with a loving relationship.

I think this will be my last post on this thread as I do not wish to antagonise Pro Christian extremist views...

..any further

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join