It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunnels from Canada to Us.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
the other nite i was watching the news and they said the government found drug smuglers tunnels going from canada to the us and the government let this happen. there was three of them that were caught and the only thing i can figure is that the government was also letting the terrorists come through the tunnel. if there is one there is bound to be more along the borders of canada and mexico. so why should we pay for the governments mistakes. its not our fault that illegal alians come accross our borders wether it is in the us or england or where ever. sompthing has to give.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm not sure what your point is. The government "let it happen" because untill it happened no crime had been commited. Once the tunnel was completed, arrests were made. How on earth are you paying for the governments "mistakes" and what do you suggest be done about it?

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Shadowstriker, the government was not letting terrorists use the tunnel, it was used only for smuggling drugs and cash, NO terroists. That bust was only one small part of a much bigger picture, and only the start. Nor did illegal aliens come through it. This is the first tunnel discovered on the Canada U.S side, they have found a large number on the mexico U.S end. When you watch the news, pay attention, you will learn more.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
if you really think about it what do the afgans and isralies do. they tunnel. not only that but they let them dig UNDER our border. that is a crime and shoul never of happened. so who is to say that the government isnt doing a coverup

jra

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This tunnel isn't too far from where I live. The Gov't knew it was there when it was being built.. there are sensors in the ground that can detect things like tunnels being built. From what I heard, they also planet bugs in the tunnel. Probably to get some names of people. They knew the tunnel was there the whole time and finally decided to bust them. It was only used for drug smuggling. There is no reason to believe that terrorists also went through.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Shadowstriker, look man, there is nothing going on with terrorists and the tunnel. They knew it was being built, yes. In order to try and get more convictions and more of the big players in the bigger picture, they had ongoing undercover surveillance. The place was being watched around the clock. Now, if terroists were coming through, do you actually believe our police force would let that happen? Dont be ridiculous. You obviously know nothing of the drug trade in the area, or who runs it. As I said already, that was a small part in a much broader picture. These colors dont run.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Tunnels go two ways - yes? Seems to me there is at this time more reason to go North than South - yes?

Dallas

top topics

join