It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small grey photo's

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
As someone that works in 3d modelling... that is easy to fake.

Don't be surprised if you start seeing alien fakes made digitally. The only thing you need is a good excuse for why you only have one picture of the alien (as this story does! Ha ha ha ha)

Is any one familiar with the term 'getting worked'?

Anyone even know what a 'work' is?

Roswell, moonlanding, all great works.

so your saying you think the moon landing was fake? and roswell was faked to look like aliens?

i actually disagree with you on both counts; as we have loads of evidence to support both cases *especially moon landing we have TONS of evidence*

and Dulcimer; those drawings are actually very good
when u added color to it ; the metal tweezers are just amazing

he does have a point; it "can be " done

but also the point about the "neck injury" is very good also
because why would someone do that?
if they are making a hoax; they already think we are "stupid" so why would they add such a minute detail that "stupid" people would never notice?
the neck injury

im on the fence on this one two
both sides made good points definatly

i would be keen to see more information about it; but until then; we can only speculate , sadly

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
i agree that it does look pretty good (the alien image) but it just doesnt say "photograph" to me. it seems off.

when was this supposedly taken, what year.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Another image

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think it's fake. The head just isn't shaped correctly, and its expression seems too vacant. The video would be good to see and analyze...

Oh yeah, and I think it looks a bit like Micheal Jackson (the nose!)

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well new evidence its wiener has been found

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathIsNear

Originally posted by Dulcimer
If you really want to see quality drawings.

Oh snap !!!!

Oh noes hax !!!!

pfft drama !!!!

www.brownblackandwhite.com...

Have an open mind.

woopie doopie do who cares this doesnt prove anything

Actually they are showing that high quality drawing can be made, and HAVE been made. Therefore it is possible that the alien picture is a hoax, seeing as its not even as good quality as the examples shown above.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
A few things:

1. Obviously we will never be able to confirm if it's real or not without getting word from the person who owns the original and scrutinize their story.

2. The image is a photo. The video of the image is a 3 second clip filming the photo so as it stands, this image only exists as a photo - the video won't add any dimensions or angles to what we already have.

3. Comparing it to a well drawn image as proof or suggestion that it's a drawing is flawed because each drawing that was presented was obviously drawn from sighting a photo to begin with, the Alien as a drawing with it's detail with no reference points for light, shade, texture etc etc is a pretty amazing drawing (and this is coming from someone that studied fine art and majored in drawing and painting). I don't think i've ever seen a drawing (and i've studied quiet a lot) which i've mistaken for a photo and any drawing which comes close in realism is always a reproduction of what the artist is seeing and copying, ie a real object. If that's a drawing of an Alien then i'd have to believe that the artist had either a detailed photo him/herself or was able to draw that image while being in the presence of that being.

I think it's one of the most realistic Alien images going around, whether that makes it real or not is impossible to tell but it's definitly in the least one of the best representations of a Grey if not a real photo.

I think the next step would be to try and contact the person who has it and try to get a proper scan of the photo because the website example is just a crappy gif and the video stills wouldn't represent the quality of the image either.

A scan would prove a drawing beyond doubt.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
the "photo" doesnt have that great of lighting. you dont need a subject to draw an image such as this. one could use any "alien" concept for the drawing.

the background is nothing but a blur of rag or something, nothing that gives enough detail to prove its a photo.

like i said, have you ever seen a photo of this quality? even old black and white photographs are far better, aged even.

one thing i have noticed is that the alien appears to have tear ducts.

look at the eye corner.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I am an artist. This does not look like a drawing to me. I'm not saying this picture couldn't be drawn or replicated by an artist, or that it's beyond human capabilities... I'm just saying it doesn't seem to have that "human touch" to it. There are some great artists out there, for sure. But you can usually see some touch of humanity in a drawing, no matter how photo-realistic it is.

To me, it looks like a low quality photo. Now, whether it's a photo of an actual grey or a photo of a manequine, I couldn't say.

Looks accurate to me, from what I've seen.

[edit on 26-7-2005 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
the "photo" doesnt have that great of lighting. you dont need a subject to draw an image such as this. one could use any "alien" concept for the drawing.

I don't believe that in this example, knowing what i know about fine art and drawing, you can't get realism without example and there is a level of detail within that image which couldn't come from thin air or a person's imagination. It goes way past how light or dark the image is. I don't want to sound like a know it all but studying art and the methods of artists does help in seeing aspects of an image which would be very very hard to reproduce without reference that contained equal or more detail. I don't see why a drawing made with so much skill would exist in this context.

the background is nothing but a blur of rag or something, nothing that gives enough detail to prove its a photo.

Well there is a very good representation of cloth with what the being is lying on and also in the suit it's wearing. Studing the art of drawing material and fabric, you see that 'blur or rag or something' in a very different light. You only need to study the renaissance to see the level of training and focus they put into reproducing realistic materials and fabrics which contained the traits of those fabrics as we see them, that was a major part of artists training during the renaissance - the ability to reproduce fabrics and they would study that discipline their entire career.
In this image, the cloth he's wearing has a level of detail in it which is pretty amazing (if it were a drawing). To me it's clear there are two different representations of fabric in this image. A heavy wool type blanket under it and a metalic/shiny looking silk type fabric that it's suit is made from. To draw both of these so realistic to be able to convay the feel and look of the material along with realistic folds while also being able to draw a realistic Alien all without refrence is a pretty amazing talent - almost as amazing as what the image is.

like i said, have you ever seen a photo of this quality? even old black and white photographs are far better, aged even.

But we aren't looking at the photo, we are looking at a reproduction. One is a low count (8-bit 256 colour) .gif file, the other is a photo of a TV screen of a camera filming the photo. Add to that image compression and there's your quality issue. The TV images show much more detail and even the possability that the original is in colour. I would think if we had a better detailed photo that we'd see even more detail in what's already represented and it would be obvious that it's not a drawing.

one thing i have noticed is that the alien appears to have tear ducts.

look at the eye corner.

I don't know if they should or shouldnt have tear ducts but what animals that have eyes and live above land don't have a function to keep their eyes moist? I don't see why Ailens with larger eyes wouldn't have a tear duct? Doesn't mean they cry tears of emotion but it would mean they have the ability to keep their eyes from drying up i guess.

Anyway, not trying to squash your thoughts but from my perspective and from what i know about fine art, i think there's no way that's a drawing - a bad web image, yes.

We really need to contact the guy and ask for a scan. If he was given the photo by a mexican police officer then he should be able to provide a better quality image.

It could still be a fake of course but it's not a drawing, if it's fake then it's a photo of a dummy (and a good one at that).

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Point taken, i'm swaying from the drawing theory and considdering if it's real or not...

I'll try to produce an image with my pencil and such, i'll scan and post it if it's any good.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
ITS REAL!!!!

DIS INFO AGENTS IN THIS THREAD R TRYING TO HARD!!!

PS;; THE MOON LANDING WAS FAKE, NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT

THIS IS REAL AND THE MOONLANDING IS FAKE
^^^^^^^^^
THESE R FACTS

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
I get the feeling that's it's real. I wonder what the twist in the neck is though?

Maybe the windpipe and esophagus are located to the sides of an inverted indention.

The twist you see is actually simply a medial canal in the throat rather than the convex one in humans, which might be called rounded. I mean maybe it's a dead specimen and died from a broken neck.

An anomaly anyway.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Italiano

THIS IS REAL AND THE MOONLANDING IS FAKE
^^^^^^^^^
THESE R FACTS

Hilarious.

First off, no the moonlanding was not fake ! See for yourself here:

moon.google.com...

2nd, we dont know that this alien "photo" is real.

3rd none of what you said was "fact"

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Very interesting photos.

I have been looking at them for quite a few minutes. One thing that struck me is some of the ridges and details around the eyes, most hoaxes are much smoother than this.

Going to go out on a limb here, which I try not to do with these sorts of things, but I think it is real.

My reaction is the exact opposite of what someone mentioned, fake photos make me feel nothing at all. This one makes me feel pity, and a little sad.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Just thought I'd add a few more details to the background of the photo! Robert Dean is apparently a retired Sergeant Major 27 years N.A.T.O military intelligence who had top secret security clearence, who since retirement has been fully involved in the attempt to expose the ufo/alien phenomenon.The original Black and white photo's were apparently taken around 1952 I'm not sure when they were transferred into the colour stills but apparently were part of a MAJ12 file under the heading exhibits. I have searched high and low for the video footage I dont know wether its my pc or what but most of the links seem to be dead so if anyone else fancies using some of the info above to try and find them that would be great anymore info I find I will post a.s.a.p

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I think it might be real. It makes me feel something cold inside and I just can't stand to look at it for to long.
I don't think the moon landing was real. Thats just what i think.
I have seen this pic many times and it always stirs the same feeling of my hatred toward the people who would dare to do something like this.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
ever been to a Ripley's believe it or not ?

they have wax meauseams *spelling* too
and ive been thru a few of them too

the wax figures are extremely detailed

this could be a pic from one of those Ripleys Meauseams *spelling*

i bet at least one of those places has a wax figure of an alien
they cover all kinds of stuff there

just a thought lol

i dont know if its real or not; but i assure you im not a disinfo agent
if i was ; i would get a paycheck
and i havent got this paycheck yet so someone please pay me because im suggest its a wax figure lol

wheres my paycheck!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I've been to one of them, but I don't think they're going to have a wax alien with a twsited neck and tear ducts.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join