It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Scotland Yard Issues Statment Apologizing For Shooting

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
The way you and subz make it sound is as though there should be no undersover agaents; again unrealtisic to ask all police to let the public know they are police. That would screw up the whole purpose of undercover officers

No it wouldnt.

If they were that concerned and flustered with the moment that they couldnt of called back up in time, why did they let him board a bus? That there shows they had ample time and sufficient forethought to conclude he wasnt an immediate threat. Ample time to call for uniformed armed officers. They arent out in the boonies, they are every where at the moment. They could of been there in literally minutes, if not in an unmarked squad van around the corner.

Do you think they wouldnt of had a bomb disposal unit around the corner from that appartment just in case?

I think its you who are being cavalier with the saftey of the public. To assert that its unrealistic to make it iron clad that any one running when challenged knows they are running from police is unacceptable. We cannot allow the slightest doubt to permeate in an officers mind that the suspect doesnt know we are police. Its not only grossly unfair for the suspect (as proved by this incident) it is also grossly unfair on the plain clothed police officers.

Im also waiting for an admission you were wrong in lumping me in with "the minority" of Briton's who dont support our police's policy of "shoot-to-kill".

[edit on 25/7/05 by subz]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Im also waiting for an admission you were wrong in lumping me in with "the minority" of Briton's who dont support our police's policy of "shoot-to-kill".

[edit on 25/7/05 by subz]

The Skynews poll speaks for itself subz as you can see hours later the results are still in favor of no review. That can only mean one thing, you are in the minority since you think the shooting was unjustified.

Shoot to kill: Should the policy be reviewed?
Expires:30 Jul 2005
Yes 27.71% (4,789 votes)

No 72.28% (12,492 votes)

Total: 17,281

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
shots, ive said time and time again that I support the policy of shoot-to-kill. I do not know how I can be any clearer on that topic.

What you might be confusing is me wanting an enquiry into this specific case. Also I would like to see a review of armed plain clothed officers.

You are wrong in lumping me in with the yes vote in the poll you quoted. I would of voted no in it.

[edit on 26/7/05 by subz]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

"He used a travel card," she said. "He had no bulky jacket, he was wearing a jeans jacket. But even if he was wearing a bulky jacket that wouldn't be an excuse to kill him."

Vivien Figueiredo, Cousin of Jean Charles de Menezes, speaking at press conference after a meeting with the Metropolitan police

www.guardian.co.uk...

At a Brazilian cafe on Oxford Street in central London where de Menezes was described as a regular, owner Luiz de Souza denounced the slaying as "barbaric" and said police owe the public a full explanation.

"Five shots in the back because he is supposed to have too big a coat on?" de Souza wondered. "He comes in here almost every day, he always wears the same jacket, I know this jacket. It is a Levi's jeans jacket."

www.washingtonpost.com...

The official story of jumping ticket barriers and wearing a heavy coat would appear to be in dispute.

They didn't shoot the real suicide bomber, Yasin Hassan Omar, in the head - they simply used a taser stun gun to successfully disable him.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shanti23
They didn't shoot the real suicide bomber, Yasin Hassan Omar, in the head - they simply used a taser stun gun to successfully disable him.

Do you have ANY clue how stupid that was? Electricity+explosives=BOOM. They got real lucky in that case.

DE

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join