It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Member Profile Page

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I am not sure if this has been brought up lately or in the past, however, it has just come to me when looking through Zedd's Hand Book of ATS Links. I think it would be a great addition to ATS to give every member the option of making his her or her own personal page that can be customizable to any extent. If its not possible to customize to any extent, then simply being able to customize it a little will be okay too. Although it seems like a great idea to me, I do not know what it will entail for the person that has to set it up. Since ATS has been going through some visual changes lately, I do not want to create a burden on any one person. However, if it is not that big of a problem to do or everyone wants it, I would love to see that become a part of the site.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think you mean a blog.

You can get one here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Im not sure if this is where this question should be but............

How do I load a pic from my pc to use as an avatar

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
it's funny that you should bring this up as I have just replied to exactly the same query put forward by a member via the gripes/ideas button. I'll share the U2U that I sent in reply

wecomeinpeace is spot on when he mentions our ATS blogs

I just read your comment about how it would be nice to have a homepage for each member. Well in a way, we already do. Here at ATS we provide members who have been here for a while, with their very own blog where they can do exactly as you suggested and post their own topics and photos. You can find a link at the top of your screen which will lead you to a page which displays the most recent blog entries
On the right hand side of that page, you can also find a list of all the members who have created a blog (this list can also be found on the forum index page).
There are some real gems amongst them , and are well worth checking out.
Unfortunatly, as we have such a large membership , we can't provide blogs for every member that we have. So we have saved this special perk that goes with being one of our members , for those who have stuck around for a while, and made a good contribution to the site , by way of participating in lots of our threads.
Here is a link to a thread which contains the rules and requirements for getting a blog of your own.
Once you have been here and posted for a good while, then you can add a request to that thread. I know it will take a while , but in the meantime, you can enjoy browsing through the very entertaining blogs that our members have put together.

and for UiNeill here's a thread about avatars for you to check out

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Naa. I think he means something more like "myspace.com"

good idea, but huge server load, no?

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
yeh the server load would be overwhelming, thats what i was worried about. Oh well, i guess the blogs will be fine.

top topics

join