It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tasteless 9-11 Tributes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2002 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Anyone find some of the programming last week rather tasteless? I was fortunate enough to be out working for most of the week, but of the few bits and pieces I saw it all looked rather pathetic.

The weakest one I saw was a re-enactment of the events on flight 93, ugh.

Anyone else catch some similarly distatestful stuff?

posted on Sep, 14 2002 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I expected it, therefore I didn't watch any of it. Though, my wife watched where they read every victims name at ground zero. Took a few hours. And didn't sound tasteless. But, I can imagine most else was pretty bad!

I did catch a few things: Some kiwi church choir singing, and some Aussies constructing a US flag on the beach. Both in very good taste! You guys ain't so bad after all!

posted on Sep, 14 2002 @ 01:34 PM
link   
So, you want tasteless....

I saw a retro about 9-11 events.
Some peopels were present coz there was a debate after the retro.

Do you know what I saw ? Many muslims from Belgium, who were spitting against the US Flag, who were trying to explain us that 9-11 was a " good thing ", that we had to stand up and fight against the USA, Bin Laben was a hero and so on...

Fortunately, the tv guy was smart enough to try to calm them.

And after this, we have to enjoy our new multi-ethnic community...Yeah, that's what I call tasteless !

posted on Sep, 14 2002 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Yes It looked Very Tasteless. You should have seen. ABC News. On 9-10-2002 On dateline they were doing a govenment prior knowledge segment. And listen to how mindless this was. During part of the Intermixing. ABC news tried to say that the CIA and FBI did not have enough equipment to get the proper infomation out to there feild agents. In 1995 With the Oklahoma City Bombing. The FBI, NSA, and the CIA got 2times there funding and with that amout of money they couldnt get a few pencils some paper and a few phones for there feild agents. It was one of the biggest shills that I have seen in a while. Not to mention some of the things that we put out on 9-11. I happened to turn on ABC in the morning and there were concerts to commerate the anniversty of 9-11

9-11 is not a anniversy or somthing that should be celebratated. And not to mention Billy Goat Bush. Making himself look good in frount of crying people.

The Sick bastard should be hung from the tallest tree as well as the rest of the admistration.

Anyway that is just some of what I saw.

Falcon

posted on Sep, 14 2002 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by falcon
And not to mention Billy Goat Bush. Making himself look good in frount of crying people.

The Sick bastard should be hung from the tallest tree as well as the rest of the admistration.

So, he had to do what ? Laughing may be ? I don't understand what do you mean.Be more explicit please.Thanks.

posted on Sep, 14 2002 @ 08:03 PM
link   
yes... at 11/9/2002 i was going insane cuz of the sheer amount of times they said "september eleventh"...
any has an idea of how many times people said "9-11" "september 11" IN ALL???

1,000,000,000,000 Gajzillaons

posted on Sep, 14 2002 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Bless your hearts. You guys actually turned on the TV Wednesday? Real gluttons for punishment, I'd say. I was afraid to even watch the Weather Channel!
Necro, I'm with you. If I fall and break my neck, I will not dial for emergency help as the number I'd have to dial now nauseates me! (Could imagine being a dispatch? "9-1-1, what is your emergency? *barf!*")

posted on Sep, 14 2002 @ 09:22 PM
link   
i watched very little. i did take the moment of silence at work at 8:46 or whatever but after that i pretty much tuned it out for the rest of the day. i was coming home from work and listening to the radio and a guy called in and said he was damned depressed play something uplifting and the dj played "born in the USA", i dug that but even Bruce seemed kinda sad.

posted on Sep, 15 2002 @ 12:11 AM
link   
it made me sick that the administration was able to take advantage of the tragedy to purchase support and monopolize the media.

posted on Sep, 15 2002 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Ours started on Saturday night (7th) then went till Thursday (12th) due to the date difference between our countries.

Indespersed between 'Special' after 'Special' of tragic footage and death toll and misery were News items of Bushy and his buddies wanting to invade Iraq in their 'War on Terrorism'.

Gees...a Conspiracy Theorist would be excused for thinking the media over-kill was being used to evoke feelings of disgust and outrage to whip the masses into a screaming frenzy thereby manipulating support for Military action against Iraq...

posted on Sep, 15 2002 @ 04:58 AM
link   

The weakest one I saw was a re-enactment of the events on flight 93, ugh.

Yep...saw that. Actually I was watching it with my sister...and she said "Damn...would love to have seen what would've happened if someone had tried jacking a plane full of Maoris or Rugby supporters...they'd need a hell of a lot more than box-cutters to save their a$$"

Too true...I think the average Maori or Rugby Head woulda just up and smashed them before they finishing uttering their first "Allah Hu akbar" or whateva they rant...

posted on Sep, 15 2002 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien

Too true...I think the average Maori or Rugby Head woulda just up and smashed them before they finishing uttering their first "Allah Hu akbar" or whateva they rant...

Muslims terrorists don't attack these guys. They are to much cowards to do that. Look what's going in Algeria. When they kill someones, it's allways a woman, a children or an old people.And in most of the case, it's night, and their victims are sleeping !

posted on Sep, 15 2002 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Heh, that was another funny thing I forgot, in the plane hijacking one, did you notice that pretty much everything the terrorists said was 'allahu akhbar' which I believe means something along the lines with 'god is great'.

It seems all muslims communicate entirely with different inflections of the same line. :p

Englishman 1: Good morning old chap, how are you?
Englishman 2: I'm well thanks guv.

Translation:

Arab 1: ALLAHU AKHBAR!, ALLAHU AKHBAR?
Arab 2: Allahu Akhbar.

I'm feeling like I understand more about their culture already...

posted on Sep, 15 2002 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I woke up early that day and watched, rather, listened to the coverage of the moment of silence and then went to school. I knew there would be TV coverage that night, but I strayed away from the living room and decided to lay down and rest that evening.

From what I saw of the coverage, it was generally well-presented and attempted to keep to an appropriate tone. However, the blanket coverage on TV, especially the spin-off documentaries shown about the events of a year ago, worried me. I got the distinct impression that the news agencies were attempting to milk the disaster for free headlines, replacing the reporting of news with the attempt to sell us the victims' grief as entertainment. Some of the documentaries bordered on being voyeuristic.
Ben Russell-Gough, London, England

The media, especially in the US, seem to have concentrated on the remembrance ceremonies and did not discuss why theses events happened in the first place.
M al-Adnani, UK

news.bbc.co.uk...

Apparently the 911 documentary that aired on CBS was aired in the UK and people watched that there. I think it was a fitting documentary even for the anniversary.

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I still have puke stickling to my chin!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cursedag

The media, especially in the US, seem to have concentrated on the remembrance ceremonies and did not discuss why theses events happened in the first place.
M al-Adnani, UK

I have an info for him. It's happened because muslims terrorists ( and all the others terrorists, muslims or not ), are crazy and should be shoot !

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Inside the head of Bob88, TC, and Ultra

"SHOOT THEM ALL!!! But hang on...... If we don't deal with the issues then they will just keep coming back..... but who cares!! I enjoy neverending fights, cuz I would be useless if I had nothing to rant about!!!!"

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hey FD, if you want to cry for the terrorists, just do it.

You're allways trying to understand everything.Terrorists are terrorists, man.

You can't speak with men/women who just want to kill you.They hate you, they want to kill you, you familly, your friends..... Then, speak if you want !

Me, I don't speak. I shoot !

I speak with peoples when I know that I can do it. When I know they will kill me, even if I want to speak peace with them, I don't speak. It's BANG BANG BANG BANG !

You can't speak with a beast, never. You're not able to see that's a fighting for our future.

I would like to see in 1939, in front of Hitler and Himmler, with their mad friends.
They'll listening you, they'll laugh, and they'll kill you right after ! Change your pseudo, and take this one ; " New Chamberlain & Dalladier ".

new topics

top topics

join