It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Raptor capable of this...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

There IS a lot of national pride in aircraft design, what's wrong with that? I'd rather see people fighting over who has the better airplanes, than fighting WITH the airplanes. If people want to take pride in the planes their country builds, then more power to them.

, ohhh hell i cant believe what i read....

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Me neither, nice qoute... I just don't like the fact that peoples are pride of something that hasn't prooved worthy of being pride... Cos' the Raptor hasn't (in my knowledge) got any kind of combat expirience...

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
yes FMF, but also depends which foe you are facing

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
Me neither, nice qoute... I just don't like the fact that peoples are pride of something that hasn't prooved worthy of being pride... Cos' the Raptor hasn't (in my knowledge) got any kind of combat expirience...

You mean like the Gripen, which btw, you have openly stated that you love more than anything--now if that isn't pride and admiration, such as we who admire and are prideful of the F-22, I just don't know anything--, or the PAK-FA, or the T-50, or maybe you are referring to the EF-2000 Eurofighter, or the Rafale, the Su-30MK and MKIs, etc?

seekerof

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by grunt2
yes FMF, but also depends which foe you are facing

I love national pride, don't you?
Heads up grunt2, no matter the foe, the Raptor will not be underestimated, unless of course, they listen to your gibberish.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
another tipical stupid post from you Seekerof

all the planes cannot be understimated, not only the f22

[edit on 4-8-2005 by grunt2]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Hey man, while your on site now, you reckon you can provide those government links and sources that back your "official numbers" on the supercruise speed and top speed of the F-22 Raptor, maybe...like sometime this century?

seekerof

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
there is the link of the specific version, now obviously for a guy like you, only a M3 max speed and a M2 supercruiser -funny that you changed your M1.8 to M2 ehh
- could make you happy
, but that isnt the reality

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Still going off the top of your head, huh, grunt2?
Provide or continue to be seen as irrelevant.

Have a nice day, mate.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
"Provide or continue to be seen as irrelevant"

yes, for a patriot fanboy

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

there is the link of the specific version, now obviously for a guy like you, only a M3 max speed and a M2 supercruiser -funny that you changed your M1.8 to M2 ehh
- could make you happy
, but that isnt the reality

As previously posted before, read it, comprehend it, unless of course your a pilot with the experience as this pilot has, grunt2....let me know, k? Besides, being you seemingly read lot of engineering books, you are aware that the Raptor is rated a Mach 2+ class aircraft with airframe limitations? Anyhow, though still classified, among other things, it can supercruise from 1.5 to 2.0, easily and with afterburners, do about 2.2-2.3.

At 60,000 feet, it flies higher than any other warplane, can zip along at Mach 2 without an afterburner -- meaning it's efficient so it can stay aloft longer. It's so maneuverable it can fire its missiles while upside down, and it's so stealthy that opponents will likely never see it coming-- until it's too late.

F22: Most Advanced Warplane Uncloaked

Just a simple pilot indicating that the Raptor can supercruise at Mach 2.
You are whom again to contradict him or those at Lockheed Martin?
I assume next your going to tell me that the F-22 cannot fire missiles upside down or while doing a 6-7G turn.

Perhaps this will be of interest to you, as well:
The Integrated High Performance Turbine Engine Technology (IHPTET)
IHPTET Goals and Phases

seekerof

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Still going off the top of your head, huh, grunt2?
Provide or continue to be seen as irrelevant.

It is just not appropriate for me to provide the necessary proof you so desire, but after devising the AFTO 88s using the official T.O. to reference and asking around, I have been led to believe the F-22 can reach 3+, but most importantly the capability that differentiates it from previous fighters is the fact that it is a full time mach aircraft, which is to say it can sustain the high speeds throughout the duration of the mission, where as previous aircraft were subject to only keeping speeds for limited times.

Unfortunatley, like I stated, it would be inappropriate, and reckless of me to supply you with the references you seek. So take it as you wish, believe it or not.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

You mean like the Gripen, which btw, you have openly stated that you love more than anything--now if that isn't pride and admiration, such as we who admire and are prideful of the F-22, I just don't know anything--, or the PAK-FA, or the T-50, or maybe you are referring to the EF-2000 Eurofighter, or the Rafale, the Su-30MK and MKIs, etc?

seekerof

Well seekerof, true about the fact that I like the Gripen...But I don't like the plane, I would rather say taht I admire the poples who have created a good plane with a very small budjet... my favourite plane is my countrys proudness, the F-18 C/D...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Esoteric Teacher:
In applied theory, without fixed inlets and airframe limitations, the F-22 could probably do Mach 3, not counting its outer skin factor, which would probably crumble or be on the verge of melting off.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
And how did you find this interesting theory about the top-speed... if that's true, it would change everytinh that we have talked about on this thread...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Friends in high places, FMF.

Actually, intelgurl told me so......

Just kidding on the intelgurl mention.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
ahhh Seekerof,the f22 its sooooo greate, soooo fast, sooooo wonderful, soooo this and sooooo that

tv show crap
, fanboy

ohhh no, now the f22 can go to M3is like the same sr71 M4 crap!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
that was nicely said...
The Raptor sure is overrated...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

ahhh Seekerof,the f22 its sooooo greate, soooo fast, sooooo wonderful, soooo this and sooooo that

tv show crap
, fanboy

ohhh no, now the f22 can go to M3is like the same sr71 M4 crap!!!!

Both of you are whom again to discredit a number of F-22 pilots and Lockheed Martin?
I thought so......irrelevent.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
ahhh, again pilots and serious reports limit the operational speed to M1.58 to pre-prod machines, in tv shows like that you will hear so much crap, what you think that there arent arrogant pilots??? or even there arent missinterpretations in such shows??, look that guy saying "This is the big boy, not only on the block but on the entire planet", buahhh its a veeeeery biased show

btw the pilot dont say that the plane can reach M2 supercruiser is a comment of the editorial

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join