It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shotguns in the battlefield...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
midamericarecreation.com...

here this shotgun would be useful in the battlefield. pretty awesome shotgun. the AA12 Automatic Shotgun looks promising.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
As a Recce nco i prefer assault rifle over shothun, since it gives you more options on how to figh, with shotgun it's always "up-close-and-personal"
Lock busting is one of the best uses for a shotgun and raiding buildings, but only when there are civilians the area. If it's a free fire zone, the i'll prefer 2kg "breaching charges" that blast through walls

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Right-O' Paddy Inf,

Todays wartime environment needs an almost mix of shotgun to a select-fire rifle. House clearing or dense woods i want the shotgun. Parimeter control around perhaps an airfield i want something with a little more reach out and touch- but the 223 cartridge is not going to be it if i have a say.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
four types.
Bird short (hunters)
Buck shot (most common)
Bore shot(not too common)
Bear shot (can't get anywhere but Army)

Bird shot is small tiny bb sized balls of lead.
Buck two bird shot pellets melted together to make bigger.
Bore four bird or two buck
Bear eight bird 4 buck or two bore those were in issue during the 1980's in South Africa, used agianst any anti-government protests.
range from bird to bear.
40 M
35 M
35 M
25 M
But if you aim slightly above the target, range can double or if you aim for "Headshots" entire crowds can be reduced to nothing in a few minutes.
length of old shot shells fore finger 8 to 9,5 cms, newer shot shells are about the length on a pinky. 5 cms.
Old SA police shotguns only had three rounds per weapon and would blast the user off their feet with the amount of power used.
newer shotguns can fire without any recoil and can go full-auto, if the user can cock it fast enough.
Spass12 can fire 8 shots in auto one after the other, Jackhammers can fire 18-25 depending on the magazine used. and for those that have played Soldier of Fortune there is the 10 clip auto shotgun that has absolutely no range but with fast fire can clear any school hallway.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
cool, thanks... It's much more simple to mee now...

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

This is the street sweeper. Its lovely to have a shotgun with automatic fire power as a back up under it as a foregrip!

[edit on 13-8-2005 by Spreadthetruth]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
That weaapon looks quite cool, I guess taht you can carry a similar weapon in the "Battlefield 2 game"...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join