It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An African American President In The Near Future?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
She's a millionaire, has a oil tanker named after her, yet no one has told her to fix her damn teeth. I'm sorry, but in this day and age isn't there a way to make a person look less like a deer and more like a human being?

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
No make-over can fix that syndrome of looking into the camera and lying for all you're worth.

[edit on 7/31/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Are you kidding? the republican party will never allowed a black American in their ranks to be anything else but under the ranks of their elite domination.

No matter how well they have black americans in positions of so call "power" the presidency of the US is still a white's only member's club.

Ok, this is pretty damn ignorant, take a look at the president's cabinet, there were two blacks on it, i dont remember seeing clinto having any blacks in his cabinet.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Are you kidding? the republican party will never allowed a black American in their ranks to be anything else but under the ranks of their elite domination.

No matter how well they have black americans in positions of so call "power" the presidency of the US is still a white's only member's club.

Ok, this is pretty damn ignorant, take a look at the president's cabinet, there were two blacks on it, i dont remember seeing clinton having any blacks in his cabinet.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Ok, this is pretty damn ignorant, take a look at the president's cabinet, there were two blacks on it, i dont remember seeing clinton having any blacks in his cabinet.

First of all.. Rice is hella weird to look at.. I have a boy who thinks she is hot, but quite frankly I think he is retarded lol

As for blacks in the cabinet.. You are right, Bill Clinton didn't have any blacks that I remember in his cabinet, but you also have to think about motives for there being black members in the cabinet. I am not saying that- that is the for Bush or anything of the sort, but I am saying that just because you see a black face, don't assume that it is because the person got there because they went above and beyond.. Things run alot deeper..

-Jago

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

ah my good buddy xphilesphan. just because Clinton may not have publicized his appointees the way Bush does, doesn't mean he didn't try to be diverse. Bush wanted Colin becuase he was black and everyone knew he was popular. Colin got enough, that's why he quit. Condeleeza will say yes sir to anything he says. check this out:

Appointed the most diverse cabinet in history.
President Clinton appointed the most diverse Cabinet in history. Over the past eight years, he has appointed seven African American Cabinet Secretaries, and women make up 44 percent of Clinton Administration appointees, including the first woman to serve as Secretary of State, Madeline Albright, and the first to serve as Attorney General, Janet Reno. The President also appointed the first Asian American to serve in a Cabinet, Commerce Secretary Norman Mineta. The President has appointed more African Americans to federal judgeships than were appointed during the last sixteen years combined and 14 percent of all Clinton Administration appointees are African American, twice as many as in any previous Administration. President Clinton appointed three times as many female judges as the two previous administrations and the most Hispanic judicial nominees of any President. Record numbers of people with disabilities are also serving in the White House and throughout the Clinton Administration.

clinton5.nara.gov...

[edit on 22-8-2005 by passengername]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I don't think the question is about whether a black can be president but rather would the parties and american's vote him in. Intelligence is not the issue. I agree that the republicans would not be the first party to endorse and probably the democrats would. I do see this in the future but more like 10-15 years down the road.

I think the first problem for 2008 is not the color of skin but getting someone in the white house that can think for himself (or herself).

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
There will probably never be a black president who has so little going for him that "black" is the first classification which comes to mind when discussing him.

There may be a foreign policy president who happens to be black. There may be a successful dark horse candidate (no pun intended) who happens to be black. There may be any kind of good politician who happens to be black and rises to the highest office.
What there will not be is a president like Chris Rock in "Head of State".

How many voters are so ignorant that they'll just vote for the black guy, no questions asked? For that matter how many voters are so ignorant that they'll just vote for the other guy, no questions asked? Not enough to matter.

The election of the first black president, when it comes, will look like this. There will have to be a very successful, very popular black senator who has proven to be a leader and has accomplished great things, not just for minorities but for all who share his ideology. It will probably be a democrat. The incumbent will have to be very popular with his party as well, and the focus of the election will be on getting out the vote and keeping party loyalty. Being black will be a peripheral issue in the primary- he'll have to put himself forward as the best candidate his party can run, and win on those grounds.
Then in the general election he has to stay off of the race card and talk about this issues.
The minorities will rally behind the black candidate and a high turnout from them can be expected, but he has to keep them quiet about it- no flashy commercials, no touching off fears or cultural tensions. Sooner or later the incumbent will do something that can be percieved as attacking his opponent's race, even though it hasn't been made an issue, and then the black candidate can make the incumbent look like a fool over it.

That's how a black candidate can win- by being qualified and going out of his way NOT to play the race card, so that he looks mainstream and anyone who attacks him looks like a radical.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join