It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China hires Net squad to sway opinion from <The Times of India>

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
oh, ok, sorry, i mis read your words.

so what do you do for a living anyway?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Ok i guess at least we learnt that while the peasants are busy working in the fields earning a living under the harsh rule of CCP, the richest chinese, who most likely have relations with CCP officials, are enjoying their life, having salaries that is higher than ours. Oh how about comparing your salary to that of the peasants?

The gap between the rich and the poor are drifting......

Anti-capitalism my foot

Oct

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The agents have to do sth to let their supervisor satisfied.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
What do you expect from a communist government that values propaganda over truth. In the end, it won't help them much.

The American government also spreads lots of propaganda, as do many other governments, however they don't seem to block any certain webpages or websites, not what I've heard of at least.
If there's some intresting article about what's going on in the government they usually deny it and put it up for public ridicule saying it's a crackpot conspiracy theory, which is probably also true in many cases.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Wonder where China picked-up that idea? Seems to me it's a common thread in North America.. DO YOU really know who you maybe communicating with on the Internet??

Dallas

Oct

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I think some agents are active here.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me who ur leader is? Let him noe we are outnumbered and tell him to stop sending more reinforcements.

[edit on 20-8-2005 by NotheRaGe]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
If i were to answer evry thread on every typical "CCP vs free world" thread it will take out my whole evening. Not only outnumbered, we are also forced to fight a war on many fronts(so many threads).

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Why would the Times of INDIA print this article??!

Oct

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Why could not it expose that.

Oct

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Chinese Communist Party’s Control of Public Opinion on the Internet

According to a report on May 9 by Cao Junwu, a journalist of the Guangzhou-based newspaper Southern Weekend, a special team of Internet commentators formed by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is proactively working on the Chinese internet and playing an important role in guiding public opinion on the internet.

www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Propaganda Pecking Order

Originally posted by Oct
I think some agents are active here.

I think so too, but you can never really be sure.

On the one hand, government shills usually don't make public announcements about their operations, for reasons that should be obvious.

On the other hand, many members who post like government shills aren't. They're just satisfied customers of government propaganda who want to spread the word about how much better life is without the inconvenience of forming their own opinions on things.

Generally speaking, “agents” who do their own postings in forums by hand are bottom-tier minimum-wage types who are managed by low-level supervisors in sweatshop conditions.

The one bright spot in their lives is that they get paid to be trolls on the Internet, and let's face it, considering how many people do that for free, getting paid anything, even peanuts, is a pretty sweet deal.

But the people who know what they're doing don't bother with that, and instead go straight to the source -- literally.

They set up front organizations that do press releases, as well as media organizations and think-tanks that publish “news” and “studies” whose primary purpose is to carry propaganda payloads.

The people who engineer those payloads are the real players, but they, in turn, answer to higher-ups as well.

There's always a bigger fish.

Oct

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The agents of CCP only do this for money, acting against their conscience, I believe they will regret in the future.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
why would a government hire someone to post propaganda.?

thats the most stupid thing i ever heard of

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: actually a few members here i think are hired by taipei to paint taiwan as a independent country.

just my observations

[edit on 16-9-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
why would a government hire someone to post propaganda.?

thats the most stupid thing i ever heard of

Exactly, and no one could disagree with your above statement. But hey, the CCP kingpins never were known for their superior intelligence, so I guess we can excuse them.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear
The American government also spreads lots of propaganda, as do many other governments, however they don't seem to block any certain webpages or websites, not what I've heard of at least.
If there's some intresting article about what's going on in the government they usually deny it and put it up for public ridicule saying it's a crackpot conspiracy theory, which is probably also true in many cases.

The US govt does some funky stuff when it comes to blocking.

Instead of keeping US citizens out of foreign information sites, they block foreign nationals from seeing certain US sites.

Most of the blocking of internet traffic they do is limit acces to US websites like Whitehouse.gov for foreign IP's.

During the 2004 elections, nearly all GOV sites were blocked and Bush's website was blocked.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
...instead of blocking websites... they just create a whole slew of lies and cast doubt... the way America does with aliens/ufos

... or political issues.

Yes, this tact does seem to have worked to some degree.

However, IMHO, this model seems far less effective now than in the past, as it seems more and more intelligent, level-headed, regular people are finding their way to places like ATS, people armed with the critical though process, people capable of seeing through the haze of provocation and illogical dismissal of data, whether in regards to UFOs or politically charged issues.

Just recently, a former Marine who once served as the Marine Intelligence Officer for the NBC Unit (and who as recently as 2003 was assigned by FEMA as the Field Operations Officer for the Columbia STS-107 recovery mission) not only posted on ATS but began his own thread here. Does this indicate in any way, shape, or form any level of coordinated government-sanctioned disinforamtion campaign?

Of course not. However, it does indicate that people pay attention to what is said here... and maybe even a player or two.

And there does exist plenty of documented evidence to support the assertion that our government does in fact engage in the dissemination of disinformation (see here, or here).

Once one acknowledges this as fact, it is a rather small step to imagine that the internet -- as powerful a tool as any for the rapid dissemination of information -- would be a high-priority target in any disinformation campaign. It is then a very small leap to imagine that boards such as ATS would receive at least their share of attention.

I have more than a few times watched as the snakes come out of the woodwork whenever something moderately persuasive makes the rounds here... and when an individual's story stands up to the original battery of denial and dismissal, the individual him/herself often comes under attack.

Anyway, as more and more reasonably intelligent, level-headed people find their way to places like ATS, I personally believe the tide will continue to sway... even in the face of the abject ignorance we now face, ignorance that threatens to spread like wildfire.

Fortunately, all it takes to combat a sea of ignorance is a single voice of reason.

Oct

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The CCP's agents should realize they are working for the evil party to cheat the world, this is a sin.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oct
The CCP's agents should realize they are working for the evil party to cheat the world, this is a sin.

You sound like a taiwanese propagandist..........

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The real question is;

How many of us would know if the U.S. blocked access to sites and stopped them coming up in search engines?

As for articles on ATS not showing, I get the problem all the time when pages are not displayed however a few days later I can get access to it again no problem. :O Maybe MI5/MI6 are stopping me? The British Government? Or...my ISP is just f'n up like it does every once in a while. I tend to think the last option.

As for the CCP and its actions, it like many Nation's probably block things out. Wouldn't shock me. I find it a shame they do however...they don't block everything and anything.

As for the article posted? I bet every Government has a few people who are paid to do such a thing, however I doubt it is widespread. Also this will cause a major problem for a lot of people who agree with some of the CCP or any Government...we are just agents. After all, I have been called one before. An agent of the CCP...living in the U.K. and only having spent 2weeks in 'China'. They got me through training quickly.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join