It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Uncontrollable Slap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I was just watching some of the deleted scenes from Open Water, and one caught my attention in particular….

There’s a scene where the lady gets upset with her husband, and she sort of “uncontrollably” slaps him – They laugh it off and it’s not taken as some sort of threat….

Okay – Now I don’t know how many people can relate to something like that happening….Most people think – If someone slaps me or hits me in any way, friend or foe, I’ll retaliate….

The way I see it, and the way I assume the director must have seen it or once experienced it as well – In these situations, the bonds are sometimes so close that the other person knows it wasn’t intentional, and both can act like it never really happened….without all that “it never really happened” BS….

I did the same exact thing to a really good buddy of mine way back in my freshman year of high school – He spent the night and was sleeping on my floor – We’d usually stay up real late talking, but that evening I was especially tired….lol…..

He just wouldn't stop talking
.....So I leaned over, slapped the hell out of him and went back to bed…

At first he was like – “Why in the hell….” – Then I started laughing, he started laughing….It was crazy!
I didn’t actually plan on slapping him – It wasn’t something I actually meant to do….It just sort of…..happened….

Does anyone have a similar story? It’s just such a funny display of trust and friendship – something not everyone can say they’ve experienced…..

[edit on 7/22/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

join