It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Carlos Allende was right about the Philadelphia experiment....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
What if secret government documents were released onto the internet that confirmed everything that Carlos Allende said, including diagrams of how to make a combined time/age regression machine, and shortly thereafter they came onto the market. Anybody could go back in time and be any age they wished, but once there a new time line was started for them and they could never come back here and that time line would not necessarily turn out the same as this one, depending on what you might do there.
Would you go back?
At my advanced age I wouldn't want to live any time else, but if I could be 18 again, heck yes. Of course I'd make sure to check the lottery results before I went. How about you?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
this might sound stupid but i dont do a lot of research because i work a lot but what is the philadelphia experimnet

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Its been a while but I beleive the basics are this.

On a large navy ship (destroyer?) there was a goverment project to test EM fields and possible Electronic Shielding measures. As far as whats known it was a complete failure.

Its pretty much proven people died during these experiments. Most likely due to radiation and such.

The conspiracy theories run either...

A. They were not working on those types of advances but rather on Time travel and Teleportation. They succeeded and hid it.

B. They were again working on Time Travel and Teleportation but something went horribly wrong. People ended up halfway in bulkheads, body parts strewn about etc..

C. They were working on the EM shielding and such but stumbled into Time Travel and Teleportation.

Think thats the basic jist of it.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
C. They were working on the EM shielding and such but stumbled into Time Travel and Teleportation.

They were working on EM Shielding, Radar & Sonar Invisibility using High Energy Rotating Magnetic Fields. They allegedly had success at Radar Invisibility and as an added bonus they allegedly had success at Visual Invisibility too, but these were only on the tests without people actually on board the ship yet.

They made some changes to the equipment, put some soldiers on it and did another test and that's where the story(s) really start getting interesting. It actually connects together with so many different conspiracy theories and other theories about Aliens, Time Travel and stuff that really make it one of the best conspiracy tales I've researched. It literally can range from being a slightly interesting story about a secret military project gone wrong, all the way to the most interconnected conspiracy of all time. It all just depends on how much of it you decide to believe in. It is very interesting and I always suggest this one as a great one to get into for those wanting somewhere cool to start there conspiracy researching.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
So true mojom.
This was the conspiracy that lead me to this forum...so i have abit of a personal feeling towards it lol
If i remember correctly the more complex conspriacy involves a character by the name of al bilek (spelling might be wrong) in which it involves alot of conspiracies into one like quoted above. Although really the main part of the conspiracy is montauk. It is said the the philadelphia experiment brought about the creation of the montauk facility. Where the conspiracy turns into alot to do with brain washing, (RV) remote viewing etc.
I must admit you have to be very gulable to believe some of the claims made by this guy. They are outrages as that he claims he was a scientist that was kicked off the manhatten project, and that he had gone in the future and came back, thats when the government planter his "mind" in this new body (al bilek) where he has gradualy rememberd more and more of his previous "life".
But hey if they somehow made this conspiracy into a fiction book like the da vinci code, i think it will be a best seller.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This has been proven to be fake.

One of the main people on this story lives near me.

It was on TV saying that it was fake, on a documentary or something..

I seen it a bit after I moved up this way, since I dont watch TV anymore well in the past 5 yrs, I cant remember the documentary..

All I can remember is when they talk to the one guy in my area they show shots of the town and show a trashcan with an alien painted on it..

Local morons.. anyway this was a dup.. no real thing from this..

I was hoping it was true.. but who knows..

::EDIT::
Found a link backing myself up

windmill-slayer.tripod.com...

::REDIT::

Appearently we are talking about the same guy.. Luck me...

[edit on 7/23/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
search.yahoo.com...

a good story and movie., a link above on links about it.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The 'Experiment' was a standard hull degaussing that was routinely performed on all naval warships. It is rarely done now because of newer steel alloys and advances in ship construction. But in WWII it was necessary to degauss ships because of the threat of magnetic mines.

After the war the ship was sold to the Greek Navy who used it for many years and was decommissioned only a few years ago. The Greeks reported nothing unusual about the ship, and sailors tend to be superstitious.

Carlos Allende had to change the date of his story from his first retelling, after it was shown the ship was not in the Philadelphia Naval Yard, but in the Mediterranean off the coast of Sicily. BTW -- the logbook of the ship is still available in naval archives open for public review. Many investigators have looked at the logbook and concluded nothing unusual happened. There are no missing pages and no altered entries for the dates.

The Experiment never happened in the way conspiracy theorists want to believe. The story only gained national attention when the book by Charles Berlitz was published (the same Charles Berlitz that fabricated the Bermuda Triangle hoax). Whatever Allende saw, or didn't see, or made up, was a standard degaussing which he did not understand and let his imagination run amok.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by christianpatrick

Interesting question, yes people I am replying to an old post, sue me, anyway if Carlos Allende AKA Carlos Allen was telling the truth why do his Naval records prove he was nowhere near the area the supposed secret experiment occured, let alone being a crewman of the USS Eldridge? His dad admitted his son (Carlos Allen) lied about his name, lied about the story, and that he was a known tall tale storyteller, it was his gift, anyone who knew him knew he was 90% bs all of the time.

The fact that his storytelling actually is believed to this day is quite a legacy, but Carlos Allen denied the story, the author of the UFO book first releasing the story supposedly was killed but it looked like suicide to me.
Then later when Carlos saw other people were making money off of his story he claimed it was real again.

Basically if by some crazy miracle Carlos Allen somehow learned about a secret experiment, but wasn't told the details about which ship, he could have made up the rest and if by some crazy chance such an experiment occured it would greatly validate the montauk project, that story is hanging on a thread, the thread is Carlos Allen's story.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
They would never allow normal everyday people to operate time machines without some sort of STRICT protocol. Because messng with time/space causes segments of time to be distorted and changed.

The butterfly effect as we all know it, is very sound, i would bet my bottom dollar that's how it would generally happen.

I would not be the one to go back and start messing with history, you could NEVER predict the outcome of your actions in the future, because a whole new tangeant would have been created.

That is scary stuff, i hope NOBODY ever builds a time machine, that would be end as we know it.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by christianpatrick
What if secret government documents were released onto the internet that confirmed everything that Carlos Allende said, including diagrams of how to make a combined time/age regression machine, and shortly thereafter they came onto the market. Anybody could go back in time and be any age they wished, but once there a new time line was started for them and they could never come back here and that time line would not necessarily turn out the same as this one, depending on what you might do there.
Would you go back?
At my advanced age I wouldn't want to live any time else, but if I could be 18 again, heck yes. Of course I'd make sure to check the lottery results before I went. How about you?

who says you would be 18 again though? My understanding of how time travel is usually depicted, you would go back in time to let's say the time when you were 18 (let's just say it was 1980) but you would be your CURRENT age. I.E. when Michael J Fox went back in time in Back to the Future and met his father before he married his mother he didn't appear as an embryo or fetus he was still the same guy.
So if you're 80 now and go back to 1960 the popular view of it is that you would still be 80 and not what age you were in 1960.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
and yes I would probably very strongly consider going back in time to a simpler time I preferred, especially given the fact that were I to retain my current knowledge I could be quite successful in that old time period in any field or profession of choice. ;-)

new topics

top topics

join