It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Siphoning Off Islamic Fundamentalists' Support

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
A way to deal with this terrorism problem in the long term is to cut off the support these terrorists or their followers have from the muslim communities. This support is wat keeps them goin.

I was reading in other threads and people were saying all muslim should be exterminated. Since we cannot fight them, why dun we bring them to our side? An option is to convert muslims to other worships. There is much hatred towards christianity so it is not recommended. This will reduce their number exponentially over the years. 3 decades ago christians are rare in my country(Singapore in case u r wondering) but now a quarter of the population(mostly young) go to church.

I will recommend spreading buddhism(i'm not one myself). Though taliban fired upon those ancient buddha monunments, i believe there is much less animosity against this peaceful religion.

Of course there are side effects like the moderate muslims will hate us more for attempting to convert them. So let's discuss about the possibility, effectiveness and difficulty of converting muslims so as to reduce the support the terrorists are enjoying.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
great...so we start a religious war instead of a war on terrorism..

nice idea but it would highly unlikely to convert anyone in this present day and age against their will without a battle. Regardless of what religion you are pushing, converting people is not the answer.

ending poverty, promoting education, and social changes from within would be a better option imo.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think that's a really bad idea. For one thing, converting a non-religious person to be religious is hard enough. But to convert someone who is already entrenched in their religion is even harder. Converting someine whose religion is their whole life (as it is to most Muslims) is virtually impossible.

Secondly, the vast majority of Muslims do not support terrorists or terrorism. In the War on Terror, most Muslims are already on our side. The side against terrorism.

Lastly, terrorism is not really about religion. It's about hatred, power, anger and retribution. A person of any religion (or without a religion) can be a terrorist.

new topics

join