It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SG1? New season awsome, what does everyone think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
All i have to say is wow so far the new season is awsome, the buget these people have to work with must be astronomical, the fisrt two episodes are working there way to a new foe wonder how sg1 will deal this year, who else thinks this show is awsome

[edit on 7/22/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
SG1 is good, yes. I have to say that because I know a few of the cast members. The budget is pretty good. At seasons end and christmas the show gives the entire cast and crew some damned fine gifts, like plasma tv`s, or high end surround sound systems, stuff like that. As well, there are a few U.S military that look over each script as advisors, and do a little editing of certain areas that sometimes hit pretty close to what they do not want us to see yet. But, all in all good show.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Vass,

Really you know some cast members ? Thats kinda neat!

Which ones?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This should probably be moved to BTS but SG1 is a wonderful show, I enjoy it quite a bit, but I do feel it spreads alot of disinfo...

Too bad, but still quite entertaining, and I like Richard Dean Anderson's role alot better than McGuyver

Other actors in the show are pretty damn good too!

[edit on 22/7/2005 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Shaman, well, I get to go on set from time to time, Amanda brought her new baby girl on set a few times, was at the christmas party at Chris` home last year, and golfed with him and 2 lighting techs, Chris is huge right now, like massive, Richard is a really nice guy, too bad he wont be around a whole lot. The other guy I havent met, dont even know his name, he`s kind of an idiot anyway. Met some of the supporting cast as well.
The sets they have at the sound studio are absolutely awesome! Some of the ships look and even feel like they could be real, if some of them were left in a field at night, guaranteed they would pass for the real deal.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
have to say so far I am enjoying the new season a lot. Like everyone I was worried about the cast changes. I like Vala's character and hope she is in most episodes. Also is the new doctor Romi from Andromedia??

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Hallowed are the Ori

Who else thinks that the Ori are awsome?

Also, Ancients---> Light, good, protecting people, but still heavily playing with our lives; Ori---->evil, represented by Fire, spreading false teachings.... I detect a similarity between that and Abrahamic religions

Makes more sense then our religious books really

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip

Hallowed are the Ori

Who else thinks that the Ori are awsome?

Also, Ancients---> Light, good, protecting people, but still heavily playing with our lives; Ori---->evil, represented by Fire, spreading false teachings.... I detect a similarity between that and Abrahamic religions

Makes more sense then our religious books really

Interesting. I think the Ori are from Kansas and want to teach the Book of Genesis in science class. But yes, I see those kind of people and Islamic terrorists as one in the same as well.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Goddamn Stargate, not only is it boring, formulaic and bog standard dross in a similar vein to Star Trek or Andromeda but to keep making this crap they cancelled Farscape, the greatest sci fi show in history.

Boring, predictable plots, coupled with high producction values does not a good show make!

Especially with those crappy actors. Grrr

And to cap it all, they bring in the two lead actors from Farscape! Grrr! now im tempted to watch, just to see what effect some acting talent has on the show. Damn them!

[edit on 17-8-2005 by Uncle Joe]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The producers have brought us far to new concepts after the release of the orginal movie. It must be hard to come up with new ideas over and over again.

I have one problem with earth's new enemy, their name. They are called the ORI and it seems corny because it is a shortened form of the word 'Origin'. The ORI are preaching the true origin of the peoples through out the galaxies. They should have thought of an original alien type name that has no similarities to the english language. The entire universe speaks english? The original movie was true right down to the evolved Egyptian language. It would be great if they focused on some more on earth's ancient mysteries and elaborated on them.

There is another thing I wanted to say. I think they are pronouncing 'Ball's' name wrong. The biblical spelling is Ba'al and that would sound like 'Bail' such as the word 'Pail'.

I really like the show more than I dislike it. These are just the things on top of my head that I want to say.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Ireland doesn't have it yet!!!
Ive to wait til october!!! sad is me...

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
i just want to see more of vala throughout the series

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
oh yeh the stargate atlantis team are good too im wondering now some of the g'ould are come over that side of the galaxy im wondering if the symbiont will somehow croww breed with the wraith parasite

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
but how could they get rid of Richard Dean Anderson in this series hes the best character in it

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Yay! Ireland got it! Avalon part 3 is on tonight! Hallowed are the freakin' Ori!

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Season 10 of SG1 vala will be a main character in SG1 team all time

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yep, StarGate (both of the, but especially SG-1) is the greatest Sci-Fi show ever IMO.

Can't wait for season 11 to start this friday.

The entire universe speaks english?

Ok, it's totally dorky that I even know this, but actually the reason why it seems that everyone speaks english is because the Stargate somehow messes with there brain and makes them be able to speak and understand the alien languages.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Yep, StarGate (both of the, but especially SG-1) is the greatest Sci-Fi show ever IMO.

Can't wait for season 11 to start this friday.

Ok, it's totally dorky that I even know this, but actually the reason why it seems that everyone speaks english is because the Stargate somehow messes with there brain and makes them be able to speak and understand the alien languages.

I'm gonna have to throw the BS flag on this one.

season 11 isn't for another 2 years.

and the reason that (not everyone) the majority of people speak english is simple....SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THE DAMN SHOW!

honestly people...Do you want to watch a show that you cant understand?

NO. Its like watching tv in a foreign language, its funny for about 5 minutes...after that its just annoying.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
In the first few series they did speak in dialects, but have progressively become like Star trek were everyone speaks english. Like said above, so the show can be easily followed and it allows for me flowing storylines. Otherwise, they'd have to make sure Daniel Jackson was in every show and assume he knew that dialect.

SG-1 is cool, but I really like Atlantis now. Downloaded the second series otherwise I'd have to wait for weeks for the series to play here. The first half has shown already, but missed most due to work

Tuk

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

Where did you learn that? I've watched all episodes + movie atleast twice and there's nothing to suggest anything like that. Reason for everyone speaking english is that you can follow show, just as stumason & Murcielago said.

I loved stargate seasons 1-8, 9 has'nt been very good so far. Maybe it's because RDA is gone. IMO they should have ended the show in season 8, Moebius part 2 would have been awesome ending...

Atlantis season 2 has been quite good so far thou.

top topics

join