It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hello my new bretheren

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
finally got my 1st degree last wednesday, the ritual was beautiful and very intense. i am now doing the memory work and proficiency...but i do know that some of u know a few months ago i was looking to join...just updating that now i actually AM one of you =D (Freemason that is)

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
To our newly obligated brother,

Allow me to be the first here on ATS to welcome you to the fraternity! You have a whole lifetime of learning and wonderful experiences that you will attribute to your membership in our honorable fraternity. Keep your eyes, ears and MIND open and soak up all you can. Being an entered apprentice is much like trying to drink from a firehose. There will be a LOT of information, absorb as much as you can. You will be a better person for it.

Take note of what kind of person you are now. Wait until you are a Master Mason, and think back to this moment. If your experience is anything like mine, you will be AMAZED at how much the degrees changed you (for the better, of course).

If you get the chance, try to watch someone else get their 1st degree. It will give you a lot of insight and perspective into the ritual that you missed when you were going through it.

The 1st degree forms the basis of your entire masonic experience. Keep in mind that EVERY little thing you did during your 1st degree has a significance behind it. Learn everything about the degree that you can, it will teach you A LOT about the symbolism and structure of Freemasonry.

Again, welcome to Freemasonry, my Brother.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Congrats and Welcome!

Sebatwerk laid out some very sound advice, follow it.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Congrats on the degree. If you get the chance you should sit in on a EA degree great to see everything for a different view

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Congratulations ! ! ! ! !

If possable by all means arrange to see the EA degree presented while you are learning the catichism. It will help make it easier. Also it may suprise you to see things you didn't notice while you were going through it yourself.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Grats brother, it's always nice to see new memebers in our wounderfull fraternity. i hope you enjoy your time with us. take in as much knowledge as possible...remember it's always what you make of it, you get out what you put into it.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Congratulation yin_yang,
I want to welcome you also, and I want to encourage you to attend other 1st degrees. It will help you in your understanding and study for your own 1st degree proficientcy.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
In continuing with the theme of the thread, it'd be nice to note that sharkman recently turned in his 1st degree proficiency and received his 2nd degree! Many congratulations to our newly obligated Fellowcraft Mason as well!

Remember guys, the theme of the Fellowcraft degree is LEARNING. As the 2nd degree is representative of our adult life, it reminds us that the purpose of being an adult human is to study, learn and grow for the rest of our lives.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
congrats.... I'm not yet a memeber I'm waiting for the lodge to come out of darkness so they can start my investagation....

Hey sebatwerk aren't you a member of TLR?

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dsoul27
Hey sebatwerk aren't you a member of TLR?

Why yes, yes I am.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
alright i know this is a dumb question, and i know i should already know the answer to this, but what the heck is TLR?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by umwolves123
alright i know this is a dumb question, and i know i should already know the answer to this, but what the heck is TLR?

The Lodge Room, it's a message forum for masons.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
ah and where is this at?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by yin_yang
finally got my 1st degree last wednesday, the ritual was beautiful and very intense. i am now doing the memory work and proficiency...but i do know that some of u know a few months ago i was looking to join...just updating that now i actually AM one of you =D (Freemason that is)

Welcome and congratulations.

I would also like to echo sebatwerk and his acknowlegement of sharkman.

Congratulations to the both of you

[edit on 24-7-2005 by AngelWitch]

new topics

top topics

join