It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Intel.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Let's talk AI for a while... here is my definition of what it actually is:

Let's examine what the true definition of "inteligent" is in this case. Take for example a person and a computer. What is the most fundimental difference between the two? It is the ability that the human posses to make a truely random choice. If I ask you to choose either the number 1 or the number 2... I have NO way of truely knowing which you'll choose. When a computer makes does something "random" like with a "random number generator" as it were, all the computer is doing is taking the TIME (and perhaps the date as well) and running it through an algorithm that creates a number. If you know the algorithm and the precise time the computer is going to compute the "random" number, then you too can get the same "random" number before the computer does. SO. Until a computer can make a truely random choice, there will be no AI.

Anyone have another definition or a correction to mine?

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
in some of my posts i have often stated that i belive true ai, to be a threat to human kind, as it would be far supperior to humans.... as far as pysical actions are conserned...

as for true ai exsisting, no i dont think it does, i think it is impossible for true ai to exsist in silicon based hardware, unless the hardware was huge the size of a house, but we are talking on the limits of physics, like a brain made from millions/billions of indevidual microprocessors.. connected to the internet as sort of the ai's nervous system...

a brain in a jar connected to hardware would be real ai, if it had conscience though.... who knows

[Edited on 23-8-2003 by The Blade Runner]

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
as far as computers thinking goes, computers just follow code, even robots are following programing...

good stuff to watch if anyone is interested in this kind of thing is..

terminator 1-3
blade runner
ai
bicentenial man
the matrix
the animatrix, espesially ( episode 1 and 2 of the 2nd res)

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 05:23 AM
link   
le bump

top topics

join