It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Series Of Explosions In Egypt Tourist Town

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
At least 5 explosions rocked the Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh. The explosions were reported to have been caused by car bombs. A hotel and a popular market area were among the targets. At least 20 people have been killed and dozens wounded.

news.bbc.co.uk
At least 20 people have been killed and dozens wounded in a string of explosions in the Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, police said.

Residents said the first explosion appeared to have taken place in a market area, which includes shops that are popular with tourists.

Witnesses said a four-star hotel was heavily damaged in another explosion in the nearby Naama Bay area.

Preliminary reports said the blasts might have been caused by car bombs.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is horrible. This happened just now and the death toll might be higher than what is currently reported.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Explosions In Egypt Tourist Town

[edit on 22-7-2005 by asala]

[edit on 24-7-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Story is a repeat someone beat you too it by two minutes

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A story is not a repeat until the other has been upgraded to ATSNN. Not repeat.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Let's refrain from commentary on the submission. If you have something to say about the content, go for it.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
New reports are coming in that the death toll is up to 43!

136 known to be injured UK,dutch,Kwuaitys thought to be caught up in this

(Edit to fix spelling)

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
49 deaths just reported on BBC news24, from description of brit bobby on holiday it sounded like this figure will rise significantly, with the majority of them being tourists. Described bodies everywhere, said he was far away from blasts that he didn't realise at first but were so powerful that even so debris was still blown to his vacinity.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This is it. All hell has come loose now. I think it really is on right now. Its time to stop tiptoening around trying not to offend anyone while we have the capabilities to prevent the big one from going off. I think all these bombings in London and now Egypt the terrorists have turned up the heat on our behinds. I think it is all of a pre-military strike strategy. They are warming the world up to just how powerful and organized they still are even after having the world put its pressure on them. They are currently in the midst of much larger projects. I really think the world as a whole needs to put a lot more of its resources into this. The US and UK need more help then they have in this matter. The world should turn its attention and fight this head on. Its getting bigger and its going to get really awful if we cant stop them. The World needs to act on this appropiately. Enough is enough.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
another source

www.msnbc.msn.com...

CAIRO - Multiple explosions, some caused by car bombs, have killed at least 36 people and wounded 150 in the Egyptian Sinai resort of Sharm el-Sheik early Saturday, security officials said. As many as seven blasts targeted several hotels and severely damaged at least one hotel, witnesses said.

Police sources said the casualties in the bombings included Britons, Dutch, Qataris, Kuwaitis and Egyptians.

The death toll seemed likely to rise.

Still talk that there was probably 7 explosions,

News channels are giving out a emergancy number in case anyone is worried about loved ones,

Reports are that a taxi rank was also hit,

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
New reports are coming in that the death toll is up to 43!

136 known to be injured UK , dutch , kwuaitys thought to be caught up in this

Kwuaitys????? Did you mean Kuwaities? If so why on earth would they want to attack Tourists?

Also note Aljzeera is also reporting much higher totals, but that seems to be the norm for them to blow things Up ooops I mean out of proportion.

A series of explosions hit the Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm al-Sheikh early Saturday, killing at least 49 people and wounding 150 others, witnesses and police said.

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
another source

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Totals are changing real fast even your link now says

At least 45 killed in Egyptian resort blasts
Security officials say about 200 wounded in bombings in Red Sea area

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see the Egyptian reaction to their terrorist incident..
I wonder who will get credit for this atrocity?
Imo it's probably something to do with Palestine more than Al-Qaeda and attack on westerners, but it's way to early to know for sure what exactly is going on.

It's is an awful Friday

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
It will be interesting to see the Egyptian reaction to their terrorist incident..

There have been a number of terrorist incidents in Egypt in recent months.
Most, if not all, were directed at tourist spots.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This is going to sound really cold and I hope each of you will forgive me for saying it, but this is a step in the right direction.

When the countries that the terrorist are living in get fed up and go after them it will finally lead to a little more sanity on their part. When the middle east countries decide to stop terrorism they will not say, "You have rights that we will respect." No, they will round up the extremist and their familys and put bullets in the back of their heads. In the middle east there is no bill of rights and the idea of human rights is a joke. Torture is as common as soda pop.

It's a simple rule, you do not sh!t where you eat. Also keep in mind the old chinese rule, when you kill one you educate 100.

By attacking the homeland in which they were born, the terrorist turn every member of that society against them. They dig their own grave.

The only troubling part I find about this is, if I could figure this out, so could the enemies of the terrorists. What better way to go after your enemies then to turn the people they depend on against them? Someone trying to destroy the terrorist could commit acts in their name against the very people who have given them sustenence. Win the hearts and minds of the people and you have won the war, or atleast the most important part of it.

Ponder on this I will.

Wupy

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I agree it is an awful Friday and my heart goes out to the families and those that died.

What makes it even worse is they have issued warnings that this was going to happen several times here is one of them.

Australians in Egypt are advised to exercise extreme caution. We continue to receive reports that terrorists in Egypt are planning attacks. Recent terrorist attacks in Egypt have targeted foreign tourists and further such attacks can be expected. Commercial and public areas known to be frequented by foreigners are possible terrorist targets.

www.smartraveller.gov.au...

[edit on 7/22/2005 by shots]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I notice the Sky News website isnt covering this, unless ive missed.

I usually berate the BBC for being slower in covering 'breaking news' but this happened 5 hours ago

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I remember, it's just that with things like these:

This is about the previous attacks targeted at tourist spots, not the current one, just to clear up any confusion in advance.
Al-Qaeda 'behind Egypt bombings'
No al-Qaeda hand' in Egypt bombs
We even have this:
www.terroranalysis.com...

but also keep in mind, there was and then wasn't and maybe still is an Egyptian connection to the London bombings, so the outcome of this, like I said should be interesting.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
When the countries that the terrorist are living in get fed up and go after them it will finally lead to a little more sanity on their part. When the middle east countries decide to stop terrorism they will not say, "You have rights that we will respect." No, they will round up the extremist and their familys and put bullets in the back of their heads.

Countries in the Middle East have had terrorism for decades and some of those countries, like Iraq and Syria, did exactly what you said. It did help reduce the terrorism but they were rightfully condemned for their extreme retaliations.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Countries in the Middle East have had terrorism for decades and some of those countries, like Iraq and Syria, did exactly what you said. It did help reduce the terrorism but they were rightfully condemned for their extreme retaliations.

And when Assad of Syria suddenly had an Islamic uprising he determined the town in which it was being spread, got the major Mullahs together and took them to the outskirts of the town and made them watch as he had it bombed, shelled and then bulldozed. Not one man, woman or child survived. Yes, there was an outcry from the western liberals, but very little from anyone else.

Syria produces it share of extremists, but they know better then to act up at home.

I'm trying to remember the name of the town, Off the top of my head I cannot. I will do some research tomorrow though and provide more info and links.

You do not sh!t where you eat, and when you kill one you educate 100.

Wupy

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Rightfully condemned ... what are you out of your mind? They have the balls to do waht we dont... why do you think we ship all of our terrorists there for interrogation. Absolutely pathetic on our part. Im ashamed to even admit we dont have the balls to interrogate our own prisoners. What is wrong with our country. Its WRONG for us to do it but we can happily give them to another country to torture. We should do our dirty work out damn selves.

I cant wait till muslim extremeist heads start rolling by the hands of sane muslims. I JUST CANT WAIT.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Who is really behind this stuff? Damn cowards!

I just want to live a nice and peaceful life with the people of this world.

Troy

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
An Egyptian emergency services official has put the death toll from a series of bombs in Sharm al-Shaikh at 75.

The toll continued to rise throughout Saturday after a cafe and two luxury hotels in the Red Sea resort were attacked in the early hours.

english.aljazeera.net...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join