It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the eldering process ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Not if they stop cell regression! If they keep producing at high rates.......all will be well! ^.^

Yup, that's what the cancer cells say, too....

cell death = vital.
no cell death (or simply altered growth) = hyperplasia, tumour formation, cancer.

Even tinkering with the cell on that level may prove to be a danger; our cells have regular, specific growth phases, and when one of these phases is disrupted, the cell cannot follow through it's usual pattern - and that's what happens with cancer (which is, at it's simplest, uncontrolled cell growth).

I'm still not convinced this is a good idea - I'll take my metamucil, my walker and my wrinkles, thanks

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
The irony here being...

When you're 82, and you have the face of a 23 year old...

You're still going to have the calcified bones, decrepid heart, and failing kidneys of an 82 year old.

I think you mis understand, this isnt going to be a cosmetic thing... its the concept of having the body regenerate itself

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by racos
I guess one way of making people look younger wil be down via genetic procedure, however as soon as Nanotech becomes more advance I see taht playing a part in creating a younger socity.

I agree whole heartedly, nano tech is going to either make us or break us as a civilization, it will be like discovering fire again.. Except that this fire can destroy us all, not just a few of us.

see my thread in science :

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davood

I think you mis understand, this isnt going to be a cosmetic thing... its the concept of having the body regenerate itself

No misunderstanding - I was answering someone else's post about cosmetic surgery/preservation

The same question remains though - how will we support the extra strain on resources?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower

Originally posted by Davood

No misunderstanding - I was answering someone else's post about cosmetic surgery/preservation

The same question remains though - how will we support the extra strain on resources?

we will need a new social structure

weve proven that communism doesnt work, despotism leads to horrible atrocities, and democracy is great for shutting people up, but it becomes horribly corrupted.

we need to become some sort of hive mind or SOMETHING so that we can control ourselves. I honestly dont know how we could do something like this, nanotech implants? i dunno, and i dont think people would go along with it. Maybe once everyone lives for 300 years... who knows..

right now 99% of the people in the world still attend to their instinctual urges, must find a mate, must have sex, must must must must, but have they stopped to think why?

I personally have. My family and friends say im making excuses, but ill show them ! im gonna remain "celibate".

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
That's good for you, however if you've ever strayed from the path your idea to proving to your family is already ruined.

I practice celibacy though, I'm totally a virgin, albeit some kisses, forced upon me, and other than that cuddling, and slumber parties with friends.

Good luck with your celibacy....^^

Of course...................your a guy....so I think your journey will be more difficult.....*Flips my hair*..., but hey, if I go through life without ever being victim to such things, then at least you can prove to your family someone else did?

[edit on 24-7-2005 by QuestForSafety]

xu

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
for women the visible old-age is caused by the failure of ovaries, since ovaries is the organ that produces estrogen, and the estrogen is the hormone which helps bones to absorb calcium, the bone density decays %1 each year after menopause, (this process can start as young as 35 years old) even if you take calcium body needs estrogen to effectively use it. and the lack of estrogen also causes skin problems and lack of muscle growth ability. but the estrogen hormone therapy has side effects like ovarian cancer, and thats a big side effect. I could say at least for women what causes you to get old is mainly the failure of your ovaries. so if they find a way to fix that without the side effects, basically you will have the bone and structure of a 20 year -old and you will be able to gain muscles as a 20 year old until you die. and if that ever happens you wont die for a long time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join