It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is next Terrorist strike

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The next terror attack could occur at the very moment you are reading this message until whenever. Why worry about things you have no control over? It's like trying to predict how long you will live; you could die of old age before Al Queda hits the USA again. Think about it in this light: it's been almost 4 years to the day and we have not had another terrorist attack. I think that is remarkable!

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by philaman01
(snippage) Think about it in this light: it's been almost 4 years to the day and we have not had another terrorist attack. I think that is remarkable!

Have we learned nothing at all from this?

To recap:

2002 - Karachi, Pakistan - 12 killed
2002 - Bali, Indonesia - 202 killed (including 7 Americans)
2003 - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - 34 killed (including 8 Americans)
2003 - Casablanca, Morocco - 26 killed
2004 - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - 22 killed (including 1 American)
2004 - Madrid, Spain - 191 killed
2005 - Egypt - 90 killed, figure expected to rise.
2005 - London, England - 56 killed

I appreciate that as an American, your primary concern is obviously American targets; but for the rest of the world, the terrorist threat hasn't gone away or even lessened to any degree.

This isn't meant to sound harsh - I apologise in advance if it comes across that way; but we've got to realise that the US isn't the only nation in the world under threat, and the US certainly isn't the only nation in the world mourning the loss of life due to a terrorist attack.

Terrorism is a threat to every nation, and it's high time we stopped the "oh, it didn't happen to us...it's not so bad" head-in-the-sand game.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Yes, terrorism is a global problem I concur, but so are AIDS, cancer, and drugs. More people die from AIDS every day than terror attacks, right? How come you dont see on TV a breaking news alert that 50 New Yorkers died of AIDS yesterday? Instead, they'd rather scare you with a story about finding Osama's coffee mug in Afghanistan or something to that extent. See my point? Terrorism = ratings = money. That is why you have people writing about Bin Laden, nuclear terrorism, and appearing on mass media. While they paint doom and gloom scenarios, they are laughing all the way to the bank buying lavish homes, cars, taking vacations, etc, at the expense of scaring the citizens. So while Paul Williams is writing about an "imminent" nuclear attack on US soil, he is living large. I appreciate his acumen as a businessman.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by philaman01
The next terror attack could occur at the very moment you are reading this message until whenever. Why worry about things you have no control over? It's like trying to predict how long you will live; you could die of old age before Al Queda hits the USA again. Think about it in this light: it's been almost 4 years to the day and we have not had another terrorist attack. I think that is remarkable!

Only it's not true... if you view the Terrorism Knowledge Base which is ran by the MIPT. The National Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism (MIPT) is a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing terrorism on U.S. soil or mitigating its effects. MIPT was established after the April 1995 bombing of the Murrah federal building in Oklahoma City, and it is funded through the Department of Homeland Security's Office for State and Local Government Coordination and Preparedness (OSLGCP).

Note: data is not yet posted/available from this source after May 15th, 2005.

Terrorist Incidents in USA Since Sept 12, 2001:
(known group) - number of attacks
ELF - 27
ALF - 3

(unknown) attacks on:
target : number
Airports : 1
Business: 4
Diplomatic: 1
Government : 7
Media : 4
Other : 2
Private Citizens : 5

Attacks include both fatalities and injuries, as well as property damage/loss. Attack methods include bombs, explosives, incendiary devices, biological agents, weapons, etc.

Hope that helps clear up the misconception that there have been no terrorist attacks in the USA since September 12th, 2001.

And to put things into perspective for everyone here fixated with the date 7/7 -- here is a list of all known/confirmed terrorist attacks in the world since September 12, 2001. Terrorist Incidents > by Region Range: 09/12/2001 - 05/30/2005 : Events: 9519 - Injuries: 31071 - Deaths: 13378

Sobering isn't it...

What is indeed remarkable, in my opinion, is that out of all those numbers the total incidents/injuries/deaths in North America is still incredibly low compared to any other region.

[edit on 27-7-2005 by CatHerder]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
TINKLEFLOWER I Understand what your saying and yes maybe we are blinkered to whats going on in the rest of the world so you have no need to apologise. Whilst in the military we used to take notice from any attack within the world. As you know most terror groups are connected in one way or another through things such as Arms trades and financial incomings so we used to watch them all obviously for intel purposes. However i do agree that the average public only worry bout US and UK. No doubt it looks on this thread it like i mean the same and i apologise for that as obviously an innocent life taken anywhere in the world is just as important as our own.

Sorry about puttinng the initial post on here then going quiet but since that post i thought i would visit London for a few days as a tourist and have only returned today. Sadly the Man shot by the Police turned out not to be a terrorist after all but an innocent Brazillian. God Bless

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Doing a search on the internet i came across quite a few sights about people reportidly seeing angels, visions and ghosts warning them to leave Atlanta.

Some people are saying there having dreams where they emerge from a subway and find all the buildings destroyed burnt and still on fire.

These even reports of many many middleastern men taking up residence in trailerparks, they act mexican but dont speak a word.

Link 1

Link 2
Link 3

I didnt think too much about this, until i looked into the report made by an israeli regarding an attack in 90days.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
After any catastrophe - man-made, natural, terrorist - people will inevitably have what they call prophetic dreams.

It's a natural reaction; it doesn't mean there's any more (or less) likelihood of some future catastrophic event. Just that like most people, it's on their mind a lot, and perhaps they're more inclined to worry about things that haven't yet happened.

I'm sure if we look at any disaster, we'll find a huge upswing in the aftermath, of people claiming to have seen angels, spirits, prophetic dreams, etc etc., and we'll notice a trend towards "seeing" links and coincidences where none really exist.

That's just the nature of humanity.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Maybe we are giving Al Queda way too much credit here, guys. Their leadership structure has been decimated, Bin Laden and his remaining cronies are hiding deep in the ground like moles, and we are continuously rounding up terrorists all over the world. Osama hasn't even put out a new tape since the election, either because he *knows* they have his number or simply because he has nothing to say. It's the same analogy like in the Wizard of Oz when the mighty voice was just that of an old man hiding behind a curtain.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
ttp://www.kaiserchiefs.co.uk/forum/member.php?a=pwd&u=4624&i=96226900

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This thread is going to make you guys even more paranoid..if it happens, it happens. But thinking about it will make you paranoid.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Just as soon as the US government completes the drawings!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join