It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H5N1 outbreaks reported in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Things are cleary getting out of hand in China.

Serveral Boxun reports in the last few days detail and outbreak on a farm, military intervention, local people revolting and some deaths from the PLA's actions in these regions....this bad.

Transcript from translated Boxun report today...

Four ´¨×Ê positive eruptions unclear reasons disease nine people die
(Abundant news on July 23rd, 2005)
(The Central News Agency Taibei on 22nd news) the Chinese Central Committee Television today evening reports, recently one month, the Sichuan capital positive city had the unclear reason disease, until now discovers 20 examples, 9 people died, 6 person of perilous.

The report indicates, the Sichuan health department evening notifys, from June 24th to July 21st, the capital is positive first, two, three people hospital one after another admits 20 examples unclear reasons disease patient, the patient arises the initial period all appears the high fever, feels weak, the partner has disgusting, vomits, after that hypodermic has ðöѪ, symptom and so on shock.

Up to July 21st, has nine patients does not govern the death, one patient leaves the hospital, ten patients still in hospital treatment, six person of perilous. (Abundant news boxun.com)

It is said, the patient completely is the peasant, the age in 30 to 70 years old between.

The notification indicates, in uninhabited arises with the patient close contact, has not discovered the infection phenomenon.

The notification also said, the accurate cause of disease also must further verify, the laboratory examination work is being carried on.

According to what is stated, after the Chinese medical department receives the epidemic situation report, has sent out to unite the expert group goes Sichuan assists the local development medical service to treat and cure, the epidemiology investigation as well as the epidemic situation control processing work. (Abundant news boxun.com)

We need more information on this from the government of china.

See also...

www.recombinomics.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Uggg, you are spot on, the Chinese governemnt needs to be more forthright about what is going on with the global implications of this disease. On the plus side, they can impose some pretty draconian measures that most democratic socieites would not consider to try to contain it.

But if this disease is jumping from human to human its going to be a tough fight on our hands.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
From China's Health Ministry:

The city of Chengdu reports on unknown disease....

Whatever the disease, the report says:
9 dead
1 discharged
10 hospitalized, of which 6 are critical

That equates to a 90% fatality rate for resolved cases!

Interesting that this is from an offical ministry in China, and not some back door website that we usually get info from.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Isn't this the dreaded 'bird flu' that everyone has been watching develop over the last year or so? Imagine how bad it is getting in the more remote areas where the news just NEVER filters out of.

Look out world if this particular strain ever evolves into airborne transmission. It could be the source of the next pandemic.

cheers

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Isn't this the dreaded 'bird flu' that everyone has been watching develop over the last year or so? It could be the source of the next pandemic.

cheers

Yes this is H5N1 influenza although China has not sequenced the virus strain yet (99% probability).

This IS the next pandemic. It's happening now and most of the world is ignorant of it. The WHO is finally starting to make noise's now when it should have been shouting 3-4 months ago.

Read up on this thing. It's going to make the SAR's outbreak look like a ride around the park (BTW SAR's started in China also!)

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I have been reading news reports here and there about this for the past year. The really frightening bits I've noted were reports from market stall owners selling chickens and saying there was nothing to worry about. Considering how much poultry and ducks are a staple in these far eastern countries, I'm sure that when H5N1 breaks out in human to human transmission, it will be killing millions there.

I have not yet read anywhere that the strain has evolved to that capability, but I know the CDC is very concerned.

The real wake up call will come when the first case of airborne transmission is reported by an organization like the CDC or the WHO.

As far as I'm aware at the moment, you actually have to drink the blood of the infected chicken.

Anyone for blood pudding?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Confirmed H5 (unknown subtype) bird flu in Russia. This was bound to be the result. Futher sequencing will most likely show one of serveral variants of H5N1. Hopefully it will not be the R-7 variant which is very deadly.

Source:

Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005
Source: Russian News agency Newsru.com, 22 Jul 2005 [trans. Mod NP; edited]

Over 500 birds dead of bird flu in the Novosibirsk area
-------------------------------------------------------
According to official data, more than 500 birds died in the Novosibirsk
region as result of an avian influenza outbreak. 300 birds died in the
[district] of Dovolenskiy [village of Suzdalka - Mod.NP], and 240 in the
Kupinskiy district. This was announced by the regional press service of the
Russian Emergency Situations Ministry on Fri 22 Jul 2005. No cases of the
disease have been found in the human population.

Alexander Shestopalov, the head of the zoonoses laboratory in the State
Scientific Center for Virology and Biotechnology "Vector," Novosibirsk,
confirmed to the Interfax agency that the flu virus involved in the
outbreak in avians is H5. "Further serotyping of the virus is expected
today Fri, 22 Jul 2005", he said.

Snip...

Anybody still not convinced of the pandemic?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
gman

Thank you for keeping us up-to-date on this. I have contacted three individuals who have family in China and Vietnam to see if they can tell us more. I urge anyone with information in the Asia/Pac area to share.

This is a disturbing situation.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Excellent Valhall!!!!

Please U2U me if/when ANY info is posted concerning this thing.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Disturbing is an understatement,

this has the potential to be one of the biggest cover ups ever, the only updates i can find on this, is from a forum that me and valhall found that knew what was going on.

discuss.agonist.org...

This forum, somehow, has updates on what is going on. im still abit skeptical of it, but somehow it is getting information

[edit on 24-7-2005 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by Valhall

Disturbing is an understatement,

this has the potential to be one of the biggest cover ups ever, the only updates i can find on this, is from a forum that me and valhall found that knew what was going on.

discuss.agonist.org...

This forum, somehow, has updates on what is going on. im still abit skeptical of it, but somehow it is getting information

[edit on 24-7-2005 by infinite]

I post and receive information at this site. It produces highly reliable information and a good quanity of it. There will posted news sources that are questionable, but all in all, this information is vaild or soon to be "confirmed" vaild. Dr. Niman is one of the main posters as is many doctors, nurses and informed people. We have a couple of members that translate the boxum reports for us, since the altavista bable machine translation makes very little sense.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
AT this point its a good source of information

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Another Asian-Avian virus? In China they use human waste as fertilizer, then the poultry, chickens and ducks, eat off the ground, then people eat the poultry. The possibilities in this scenario for viral mutations of avian viruses to human pathogenic virus is obvious.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
H5N1 is getting ready to migrate back into China

Figure Legend

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Hey Doc, welcome. You must be awfully tired posting at so many sites...

Keep it up.

BTW I applaude you restraint in dealing with those other posters lately. Too bad they don't see what's really in the cards.
Oh yeah, I found a fellow Wisconsinite here and we agreed to keep both sites up to date with any local news of interest.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Local story from Russia about bird flu and its origin. United States are blamed

"...Meanwhile, the bird flu outbreak in Russia arouses many questions and suspicions among independent observers. In particular, till now the precise source of the infection and the way by which it got into Russia has not been determined. Presently the most widely circulating version is that the blame lies on wild ducks hibernating in "the bird flu’s native land" - the countries of South-East Asia. However the speed of flu’s expansion, its scale and geographical selectivity look too suspicious for a mere spontaneous natural epizootic...".

"Proceeding from a known principle "qui prodest", it is difficult to get off the sensation that the main interested party in this entire situation is the USA - the largest world manufacturer and the exporter of chicken and other poultry".

www.inforos.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If we had all these sick chickens we were exporting all over the place, where is the outbreak in the US? Wouldn't they be getting something that is an outbreak here? How come they don't have a west nile problem?

I even like being paranoid but I have trouble seeing that one.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I live the next town over from Kingston where there have been two recent deaths from Equine Encephalitis. The standard transmission is from Bird to mosquito to human.

Local outbreak

top topics

join