It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who actually belives 'the swamp gas' theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Just seeing peoples opinions on 'the swamp gas' theory.

Perosnally I think it is a lame excuse but is used whenever possible by the authorities in the US. Everyone else is more open minded.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yeah, so open minded that they can't believe in science and rather flock towards sciencefiction.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Yeah, so open minded that they can't believe in science and rather flock towards sciencefiction.

HEy ifthe amount of swamp gas that is 'produced' in America was what is reported the wrold's global warming would be like 10 times worse.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty

show me scientific evidence that swamp gas causes hallucinations or 'creates optical illusions'

just show me one credible document that would make it seem reasonable

i bet you cant frosty; please reply to this

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
swamp gas is from decaying living things. im not sure exacly what it is but im guessing it is methane gas. which will not affact anyone in weird ways methane is released all the time from landfills some of them burn it off but methane burns nearly invisible. and another thinkg you need some way to ignight the gas to create bright lights and it will be a quick flash.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
even spanish conquestadors saw 'strange' lights in the Okenfenokee swamp looking for gold, which they dubbed to be a ghost. Nothing new: static electricity. Atmospheric conditions created by warm and cold layers of air bending light rays that only can be seen from afar.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
All I can think of in reply to the swamp gas theory is the disappointing UFO special which Peter Jennings did a few months back. During this program, someone from Operation Blue Book told the story of how they would write off a UFO sighting with anything at all...swamp gas, weather balloons, whatever...anything but the truth in order to make the person reporting the incident seem like a nutbar.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The man who invented the swamp gas theory, Dr. Hynek, eventually came to admit it was stupid as well. Though he also went from UFO debunker to believer during his Blue Book investigations. Before Blue Book, Hynek was most likely already a believer due to his work with the CIA in the Robertson Panel in its documented attempt to debunk the UFO subject.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Personally im more into weatherbaloons

I think the USAF have a secret x-plane called "weatherbaloon"
when they say that pelole just saw a weatherbaloon, they're not lying
THE PERFECT CRIME!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scylding

THE PERFECT CRIME!!!

thats hilarious

lmao....and your probably Right too!

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

THE PERFECT CRIME!!!

thats hilarious

BUr do you really think the government is that clever?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenroon

Originally posted by muzzleflash

THE PERFECT CRIME!!!

thats hilarious

BUr do you really think the government is that clever?

The CIA does all sorts of stuff like that to confuse or mislead people. It's pretty commonplace now, at least whenever they want to cover something up.

For example,

Hollywood make-up artist Bob Sidell shared the story of his recruitment by the CIA in order to help rescue six Americans during the Iran hostage crisis in 1979. The six had managed to escape from the main group of hostages at the embassy but were hiding out in Tehran, unable to leave the country.

It was at this point that Sidell said he was contacted by the CIA's "chief of disguise" Tony Mendez about creating a cover story for the six escapees in order to get them of Iran. They came up with a phony movie company that was supposedly shooting a sci-fi movie called "Argo" in Tehran, and the six escapees were to pose as members of the film crew. Sidell explained how they created a fake production company in L.A. and took out ads in Variety and the Hollywood Reporter announcing the project.

CIA operatives posing as part of the film production got into Iran and explained the cover story to the escapees, who became adept at playing the roles of the movie crew, Sidell detailed. Subsequently, they were all able to depart the country without incident. This successful operation, now nearly 25 years old, had just recently become declassified, he noted.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Then British Intel once published a fake magazine in Germany during WW2 to fool the German Navy. Just the kind of stuff these guys will do to keep a secret, or fool some people.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
maybe "weather balloon" is the olfactory definition of themselves by the aliens, and it just so conveniently sounds like a human word.

[edit on 24-7-2005 by Davood]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
i only belive in belife

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeathIsNear
i only belive in belife

THat makes no sense

Also good point points bout HOllywood company and CIA.

INa few years time every military operation will use the weathwer ballon stealth plane,kool.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It's more an explaination than a theory.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeathIsNear
i only belive in belife

you mean you only believe in belief?...By the way...you make about as much sense as a sun hat on a penguin...

Next time you reply to a thread you wanna say something worth saying and start up a spell checker?

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
its kinda funny. I think UFO's are alot more common that swamp gas.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonSUN
its kinda funny. I think UFO's are alot more common that swamp gas.

tHats what im trying to say there must be thta much swamp gas in America if someone lit a match the world would explode.

new topics

top topics

join