It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say Hello To Windows Vista (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The new Windows operating system will be called Windows Vista. Formerly known under the code-name, Longhorn, Microsoft's flag ship software will be released during the second half of 2006. It promises better security, graphics and computing over the internet. The name 'vista' was chosen for "communicating the idea of clarity." according to Brad Goldberg, general manager of Windows product development at Microsoft.

news.yahoo.com
SEATTLE (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq:MSFT - news) said on Friday it named the next version of its operating system "Windows Vista" as it prepares to release a trial version of the flagship software that already runs on nine out of 10 personal computers worldwide.

Windows Vista, formerly known by its code-name Longhorn, is scheduled to launch in the second half of 2006, five years after Windows XP, the longest time lag between releases of its Windows operating system.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

To me Windows XP isnt broken, so why fix it? But if increased security comes from Vista then why not
The better graphics addition seems more of a gimmick than any real addition to me.

5 years between XP and Vista, things are slowing down with Windows.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

To me Windows XP isnt broken, so why fix it?

I said that about Windows 98.

I think Vista will replace the current Windows XP, but will there also be another OS for 64 bit micros? I heard the code name for it was "X64".

[edit on 7/22/2005 by Hal9000]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Who in there right mind would use Windows

For crying out loud, Get a Mac.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well, any new upgrades in my OS are welcome; but how exactly does this topic fit into ATSNN?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I saw an interview with Mr. Bill "Filthy Rich" Gates and he said Microsoft has moved a full 35% of their staff to security issues. If they are gonna keep themselves out of real trouble with their corporate and government contracts then they had better hope Vista is chock full 'o security features.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It will never matter, windows from what I have heard, needs an entire new kernal for it to be secure. I use an XP at the moment but I would suggest learning Linux, or if you don't want to do that get a Mac - but stay away from windows.

How can you trust a company like Microsoft? Crazy man, just crazy.

top topics

join