It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Super Flanker SU-37 going for export?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Chinawhite is correct, I thought there was something wrong with your info.

"Two Lyulka AL-37FU vectored-thrust afterburning turbofans, 30,855 lb thrust each" Link

But this I find very interesting: "...The AL-31F and AL-31FU engines are fully interchangeable; in other words, all the derivatives of the Su-27 and the base aircraft may be powered by the AL-31FU engine. As well as powering the Su-37 fighter, the AL-31FU engine will be first installed on the Su-30MK multirole two-seater fighter." Link

"The Su-37 is powered by two AL-31FU TVC (thrust vector control) turbofan engines." Link

Wait, this is a bit confusing, why are there different sources claiming different things? Hmm, I need to find some more.

"...power plant: two Lyulka AL-31FP turbofans " Link

"two Saturn/ Lyul'ka AL-31FU afterburning turbofans " Link

Alright that's enough evidence for me, so the Su-37 does use AL-31FU instead of AL-37FU. I still don't understand why FAS and GlobalSecurity have it wrong? Maybe at some point the Su-37 did use the AL-37FU but the sites were never updated?

That's all I can think of.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
apologies for my typo error.

The Su-37 engine is called the Al-37 FU and not the Al-31 FU.

But the Su-30 MKI's engine is the Al-31 FP and has the same thrust as the Al-37FU but improves on Thrust Vectoring.

Thus the MKI's engine is the better one(in the sense that it improves the TVC from the Su-37's engine) like its radar and aveonics

[edit on 25-7-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
So the AL-31 FU is a typo in all those links? Someone should tell the authors, I just think it's a bit convenient how all those sites got the engines wrong.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
So the AL-31 FU is a typo in all those links? Someone should tell the authors, I just think it's a bit convenient how all those sites got the engines wrong.

Actually this link that i posted earlier was spot on.

Actually it was I who made the typo error.

Here's what the relavent part of the link reads :

The Su-30MKI is powered by the Al-31FP (P for povorotnoye meaning "movable"), which is a development of the Al-37FU (seen in the Su-37 Terminator).

The Al-31FP improves upon the Al-37FU in two ways:

Firstly, the Al-37FU cannot vector thrust in 2 planes unlike the Al-31FP.

Secondly, the nozzle drive connection is effected now from the aircraft fuel system and not from the aircraft's hydraulic system. The change-over to the fuel system, to control swiveling nozzles, enhances the dependability of the aircraft and its survivability in air combat.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
your site is wrong. they say two things.

quote: The AL-31FP was only 110Kg heavier and 0.4 m longer than the AL-31F, while the thrust remains the same.

the thrust is the same as a AL-31F. and the AL-31F has lower thrust than a AL-37FU.

i think you misunderstood what they meant with the AL-37FU. its means a improvement on the movable nozzel.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
its funny because if the su-37 uses the AL-31FU then the SU-35 uses a better engine than the SU-37

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

Actually this link that i posted earlier was spot on.

Actually it was I who made the typo error.

Here's what the relavent part of the link reads :

its funny because you link only says what it improves in in thrust-vectoring and not thrust

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
its funny because if the su-37 uses the AL-31FU then the SU-35 uses a better engine than the SU-37

en.wikipedia.org...

That's because the Su-37 was rebuilt as the Su-35. Improvements were made on the Su-37 and it went back to being an upgraded Su-35, such confusion.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

That's because the Su-37 was rebuilt as the Su-35. Improvements were made on the Su-37 and it went back to being an upgraded Su-35, such confusion.

Shattered OUT...

i throught the su-37 was rebuilt as a su-30 or something like that then crashed

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
globalsecruity last modiflied there page in 27-04-2005. i would trust global more than any other site around

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join