It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is the Super Flanker SU-37 going for export?

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
i havent heard anithing now about this aircraft accept its cool maneuvers back in the 90s. i was wonder that since this aircraft is so awesome i expect nations like India or China to be goin gaga over this aircraft and demand to the product to be selled to them. yes India and China bought Su 27s and Su 30s but not the Super Flanker.




posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
India's Su-30 MKI is the most advanced Sukhoi out there, it is infact an improvement of the Su-37 super flanker.

Read

Because 30



posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
India's Su-30 MKI is the most advanced Sukhoi out there, it is infact an improvement of the Su-37 super flanker.

Read

Because 30



posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
the story was that the indians wanted a better plane than the chinese su-30mkk. they wanted the su-37 but they couldn't afford to buy a whole production line for the su-37. then they decided to upgrade a su-30 as much as it can be to a su-37. thats why these two planes look so similar.

ill try find the website


here is somthing about this plane
warfare.ru...

[edit on 22-7-2005 by chinawhite]



posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   



posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
the story was that the indians wanted a better plane than the chinese su-30mkk. they wanted the su-37 but they couldn't afford to buy a whole production line for the su-37. then they decided to upgrade a su-30 as much as it can be to a su-37. thats why these two planes look so similar.

ill try find the website


here is somthing about this plane
warfare.ru...

[edit on 22-7-2005 by chinawhite]


Did the chinese buy the Su-30s first or the Indians??



posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
i dont know. but on this website that describes why the inidnas brought the su-30mki was because of the chiense su-30mkk



posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
this isin't the website but it has something close to it.

mdb.cast.ru...


this is moe like it but not the website
airtoaircombat.com...



posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
heres the website.
www.geocities.com...



posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The MKI has better engines tha the Su-37 and a more advanced Thrust vectoring system. The MKI came out way after the Su-37. The MKI has the same canards as the Su-37 and has more advanced western avaeonics and has a 5th gen phased array radar.

The MKI is infact far ahead of the Su-37....its a pity the designation of 30 is still retained.



posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I don't know about the Flanker... Of course it's a reat plane, (cobra maneuver) but it's so big and it looks really "unmanuveral"... Might be I'am wrong, but this is MY opinion...



posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
The MKI has better engines tha the Su-37 and a more advanced Thrust vectoring system. The MKI came out way after the Su-37. The MKI has the same canards as the Su-37 and has more advanced western avaeonics and has a 5th gen phased array radar.


the su-37 has a better engine. it uses a AL-37FU. but the su-30mki is better in TV.

the indians replaced the russian avonics with the french and israeli ones because the russians ones were quite primitive.



The MKI is infact far ahead of the Su-37....its a pity the designation of 30 is still retained.


the su-30mki is a modified su-30k.

here is a picture to compare






you can add new radars and other things to bring the su-37 pass the su-mki standard.

[edit on 23-7-2005 by chinawhite]

[edit on 23-7-2005 by chinawhite]



posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
the su-37 has a better engine. it uses a AL-37FU.


The Su-30MKI is powered by the Al-31FP (P for povorotnoye meaning "movable"), which is a development of the Al-37FU (seen in the Su-37 Terminator).

The Al-31FP improves upon the Al-37FU in two ways:


> Firstly, the Al-37FU cannot vector thrust in 2 planes unlike the Al-31FP.

> Secondly, the nozzle drive connection is effected now from the aircraft fuel system and not from the aircraft's hydraulic system. The change-over to the fuel system, to control swiveling nozzles, enhances the dependability of the aircraft and its survivability in air combat.


link

The MKI's engine you see is a development of the 37's engine and has more advanced TVC. So the thrust, etc is the same but the TVC is improved. Thus the MKI's engine is better than the 37.



the indians replaced the russian avonics with the french and israeli ones because the russians ones were quite primitive.


yes, another reason why the MKI is much better than the 37



The MKI is infact far ahead of the Su-37....its a pity the designation of 30 is still retained.



you can add new radars and other things to bring the su-37 pass the su-mki standard.


That is correct, but that dose'nt take away the fact that the MKI is far ahead of the 37.

The baseline Su-30 that is available for export is obtained from the Su-35 airframe. The Su-37 is an improvement of the Su-35 in terms of engines and adds new canards. The MKI improves on the Su-37 in terms of engines, aveonics and radar.

Infact Sukhoi have themselves said that the Su-30 MKI (mark 3) is the most advanced flanker to be ever built.

The Su-37 came out in 1996, but the improved MKI came out in the in the early 2000's.

[edit on 23-7-2005 by Stealth Spy]



posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Stealth, I would not go as far as to say that the Su-30 MKI is "Far ahead" of the Su-37, because that's just not true, it is a fact that the Su-30 MKI is more advanced in engine power and Radar, and the two coupled together makes for better manueverability. However, the MKI is just a modified Su-37, remember, that the Su-37 is not a production model, or atleast hasn't been turned into one, it's a test bed prototype for many different technologies, such as thrust vectoring, and by 2 planes, do you mean as in "2 dimensional planes"? Because if the Su-37 is TVC in 1 dimension, that's a bit redundant. The Su-37 is 3D TVC capable, and you can't get more than 3D, possibly 4D, but 5D, no. I don't see how this thrust vectoring is working out. And you're basing a large portion of your information on the one website source that is hosted by Tripod, it is a private website and may not even be that accurate.

Can anyone else confirm all that Stealth Spy claims? I'm not saying that the MKI is less advanced than the Su-37, I know the MKI is more advanced, but in the respects that it is slightly more advanced, not FAR ahead of it's time, you make it sound like the MKI is an entire generation ahead, even though the differences are very small.

Can anyone else confirm all that Stealth Spy is claiming? Once again, I'm not denying that the MKI is inferior to the Su-37, because it is in fact superior, it's just that I doubt that the MKI is that much different from the Su-37.

Shattered OUT...



posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

The MKI's engine you see is a development of the 37's engine and has more advanced TVC. So the thrust, etc is the same but the TVC is improved. Thus the MKI's engine is better than the 37.



its not. the TV is probaly improved but not the engine.

the AL-37 has 30,855 lb thrust each.

the AL-31F has 27550lb thrust each.

theres a difference.

from your site.


The AL-31FP was only 110Kg heavier and 0.4 m longer than the AL-31F, while the thrust remains the same.


[edit on 23-7-2005 by chinawhite]



posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

Can anyone else confirm all that Stealth Spy is claiming? Once again, I'm not denying that the MKI is inferior to the Su-37, because it is in fact superior, it's just that I doubt that the MKI is that much different from the Su-37.

Shattered OUT...


this is what happened.

china got the su-30mkk. it was superior to the indian su-30mk. indians wanted something to couter it but couldn't afford to buy the su-37 because the russians wouldn't buy it and they couldn't afford to buy a whole production line. the decision was to get as much of the su-37 into a su-30mk airframe. but the indians wanted some more advanced navigation/ECM pods but the russians and indians couldn't develop them themselves. so they turned to france and israel.

the su-37 is better in aerodynamic shape but is inferior in thrust-vectoring. but the su-37 has a better engine.

the end result was a su-30mki with most of the goodies on the su-37 mixed with israeli and french avonics

[edit on 23-7-2005 by chinawhite]



posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well that's strange because India always had the MKI, MK just means export, I is the Indian version of the Su-27 UB(Su-30).

Wait a second, you sure that's the story? Any official reports covering it or something?

Shattered OUT...



posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Well that's strange because India always had the MKI, MK just means export, I is the Indian version of the Su-27 UB(Su-30).


the I means indian version. the su-30mk was a un-modifled version of a russian one.

the su-30mki is the su-30 modifled for india.




Wait a second, you sure that's the story? Any official reports covering it or something?

Shattered OUT...


no offical things but i posted a link to the website i got it from in this page.

its pro-indian so i dont think there lieing

[edit on 23-7-2005 by chinawhite]



posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

its not. the TV is probaly improved but not the engine.


The AL-31FP was only 110Kg heavier and 0.4 m longer than the AL-31F, while the thrust remains the same.



The Al-31 F is the engine of the baseline Su-27

The Al-31FU is the engine of the Su-37

The Al-31FP is the engine of the Su-30 MKI

Yes, thrust remains the same, but the TVC is much improved.


Because if the Su-37 is TVC in 1 dimension, that's a bit redundant. The Su-37 is 3D TVC capable, and you can't get more than 3D, possibly 4D, but 5D, no.

And shattered skies, the Su-37 has only 2D TVC-that means it can move up and down only, but the MKI thanks to its improved engine improves on this and gives a virtual 3D TVC effect :

The Al-31FP improves upon the Al-37FU in two ways:


>Firstly, the Al-37FU cannot vector thrust in 2 planes unlike the Al-31FP.

>Secondly, the nozzle drive connection is effected now from the aircraft fuel system and not from the aircraft's hydraulic system. The change-over to the fuel system, to control swiveling nozzles, enhances the dependability of the aircraft and its survivability in air combat.

And note the difference between a plane and a dimension.
The Su-37's engine vectors in only one plane and is 2D TVC;
The Su-30MKI's engine vectors in 2 palnes and is virtual 3D TVC (virtual because it only vector in the other plane only to a certain extent)



[edit on 24-7-2005 by Stealth Spy]



posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

Originally posted by chinawhite

its not. the TV is probaly improved but not the engine.


The AL-31FP was only 110Kg heavier and 0.4 m longer than the AL-31F, while the thrust remains the same.



The Al-31 F is the engine of the baseline Su-27

The Al-31FU is the engine of the Su-37

The Al-31FP is the engine of the Su-30 MKI


its not the AL-31FU its the AL-37FU

www.globalsecurity.org...

these are different engines.

stealthspy your wrong. admit it. the al-37 is a different engine.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by chinawhite]



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join