It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake sounds reveal Earth 'ripping apart'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This is totally eeire. Made the hair on my arms stand up.

www.cnn.com...

CNN) -- Scientists are gaining insight about December's devastating earthquake and tsunami from the actual sounds of the magnitude 9.3 quake in the Indian Ocean.

"It's really quite an eerie sound to hear the Earth ripping apart like that. We hear it on smaller earthquakes quite frequently but something of this scale that goes on for eight minutes is very much unprecedented," said Maya Tolstoy, a marine geophysicist at Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory.

www.livescience.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Just goes to prove that our planet is so fragile it is only a matter of time before this happens again

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This isn't a sign of 'fragility', its how plate tectonics and the planet are supposed to operate. Its the normal functioning of a planet, not a sign that 'somethigns wrong' or even something that shoudl be stopped.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Invest in oceanfront property in Nebraska.

Nygdan is right. Normal movement. Well within the historic range of variation.

There has been no increase in the number of earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, or tsunamis is recent years. People keep trying to blame these things on Bush and global warming, but that is nonsense and is insulting to the poster and the reader.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Wow, Just played it on media player with the speakers on. It totally freaked out my dog!!! She was hiding under the table shivering!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I downloaded the file off the second link. It had a little over 2 min of it. That was just awesome! Thanks for the link. I had my whole family listen to it. My boys couldnt believe it. Very eerie sounding.

new topics

top topics

join