It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Cleric wants to see Islamic flag all around the world before he dies.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

LONDON (Reuters) - Militant Islamists will continue to attack Britain until the government pulls its troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, one of the country's most outspoken Islamic clerics said on Friday.

Speaking 15 days after bombers killed over 50 people in London and a day after a series of failed attacks on the city's transport network, Sheikh Omar Bakri Mohammed said the British capital should expect more violence.

"What happened yesterday confirmed that as long as the cause and the root problem is still there ... we will see the same effect we saw on July 7," Bakri said.

"If the cause is still there the effect will happen again and again," he said, adding he had no information about future attacks or contacts with people planning to carry out attacks.

Bakri, a Syrian-born cleric who has been vilified in Britain since 2001 when he praised the September 11 hijackers, said he did not believe the bombings and attempted attacks on London were carried out by British Muslims.

He condemned the killing of all innocent civilians but described attacks on British and U.S. troops in Muslim countries as "pro-life" and justified.

In an interview with Reuters, Bakri described Osama bin Laden, leader of the radical Islamist network al Qaeda, as "a sincere man who fights against evil forces."

Bakri said he would like Britain to become an Islamic state but feared he would be deported before his dream was realized.

"I would like to see the Islamic flag fly, not only over number 10 Downing Street, but over the whole world," he said

soooo, looks like he still believes that Muslim extremists did not commit the attacks even though they left evidence behind which are body parts of themselves, which we thank them for helpin us on the investigation. and wants the world under the Islamic flag. so much for talkin about peace with other non-muslims. no to mention that saying attacks on Britain will stop if they pull troops out but it looks like he want an Islamic state in Britain which no doubt he would use force if the majority of the population does not share the same view. hope he dies before his dream of Islamic state comes true.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This just goes to show that no change in foreign policy could ever satisfy these fanatics.

They won't be happy until the entire world is one Muslim caliphate under Sharia law.

These people must be wiped off the face of the Earth or we will never have peace.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Unfortunately Western society is trying to deal with a more modern approach to a backwards problem. The religion of Islam in itself is a religion that has failed to grasp modern ideologies. For example, name other modern day, "domesticated" society that cuts off the hands of people that steal minor objects, or better yet, stone the VICTIMS of a rape? This may sound entirely cynical and disturbing to most of you, but the only real way to deal with Terror is with Terror. I wish we all lived in a society where people could live with one another and respect one anothers beliefs, but evidently Islam will not stop the bombings and killing of innocent civilians until the world is under Islamic rule. Its a backwards religion, and as I said a modern day approach will not work, this war will just continue until we the West begin to think out of the box and in a more traditional sense. My solution to stopping terrorism is very disturbing, but if you want to stop the barbarism and root out the patches of insurgents/terrorists, its quite simple. Every single person whether or not you want to admit it has buttons that can be pushed. I wish I didnt have to say this, because no I dont really advocate killing people, but what I would do is explain to the World that if you committ a terrorist act, and you try and kill civilians, and you want to blow yourself up in a public place....not only are we going to kill you (if they havent already killed themselves), but we are also going to eliminate your entire family from the gene pool for your cowardice act against innocents. Yes I know this is disturbing and how can I advocate killing innocent people? It's all about terrorizing terrorists. I'm willing to bet if you start to implement this policy, these radical extremist groups would begin to think about the consequences of their actions which is really something these people dont have to do right now. Fight terrorism with terrorism, and barbarism with barbarism. It may be the 21st Century, but the culture we are now fighting still lives in the 8th Century, and are just fighting us the way they know how. How long will we continue to live with this illusion that modern day solutions will solve backwards problems?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Why is this person allowed to live in England? Why hasen't he been deported?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Killing off their family is not the solution. Although I agree with you on principal. It would just make the suicide bomber and their family more of the marter than they already are. You want the bombings to stop, terrorism to stop, pull the troops, cut off economic aid, pull ALL passports, don't allow them into our universities, let them fend for themselves. If they survive great, but if you didn't allow these people into the countries they are bombing, there would not be this problem of killing innocent people. Agree with me, disgree with me, the choice is yours, but I for one would close the borders and wave to them as I did. Politically correct??? Who cares, its my son or daughter that could be next in the subway or bus, and I'll be darned if I give rats behind whether or not they suffer or starve. This is what they want, so be it. Sianora, Auf Weidershen, Aloha, and GOOD RIDDENS!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Nonononono all he is saying is that he wants to go for a vacation in every country of the world and have a picture taken with him and his favorite flag... thats all... sheesh you guys are paranoide.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cw034
Killing off their family is not the solution. Although I agree with you on principal. It would just make the suicide bomber and their family more of the marter than they already are. You want the bombings to stop, terrorism to stop, pull the troops, cut off economic aid, pull ALL passports, don't allow them into our universities, let them fend for themselves. If they survive great, but if you didn't allow these people into the countries they are bombing, there would not be this problem of killing innocent people. Agree with me, disgree with me, the choice is yours, but I for one would close the borders and wave to them as I did. Politically correct??? Who cares, its my son or daughter that could be next in the subway or bus, and I'll be darned if I give rats behind whether or not they suffer or starve. This is what they want, so be it. Sianora, Auf Weidershen, Aloha, and GOOD RIDDENS!!!

Actually I tend to agree with you. Although my initial solution was quite radical, the easiest thing to do would be to practice Isolationism with the entire region sans Israel, the only Democracy in the region. If it were possible to somehow make oil irrelevant we could expedite this process. By practicing Isolationism with that region we would no longer have any sort of relations and would no longer give them a reason to hate us even though they always will. Let them live in the 8th Century by themselves.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaSoopaMac

Actually I tend to agree with you. Although my initial solution was quite radical, the easiest thing to do would be to practice Isolationism with the entire region sans Israel, the only Democracy in the region. If it were possible to somehow make oil irrelevant we could expedite this process. By practicing Isolationism with that region we would no longer have any sort of relations and would no longer give them a reason to hate us even though they always will. Let them live in the 8th Century by themselves.

That approach could quite likely exacerbate the problem instead of fixing it. The question is, does the the problem involve the root of Islam or is it merely the latest scapegoat and mask used by murderers in order to achieve their backward aims?

The thing is your approach is a little dangerous since you'd be punishing the MAJORITY moderate law abiding Muslims. Don't forget a few Muslims were killed in the London Explosions. There are certain areas of 'Islamic Law' which is practised, that isn't actually in the Koran. Rather they have come about becuase of different cultural movements, an example would be the Taliban.

I'm not being PC here, i'm just saying how it is. Although you seemed to de-humanise Muslims there

[edit on 22/7/05 by Flyboy211]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Oh well, I don't seem them caring as they blow up large transportation vehicles, so I should care what they think??? Real simple, if you didn't allow them into the country they wouldn't be a threat. If my daughter and her friends can't play nicely and their is one child that is always pushing and threatening and hurting other children I don't allow that child in my backyard....PROBLEM SOLVED!!! No child, no threat, no one hurt...pretty simpley eh?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
DaSoopaMac nailed it right on the head.

To win this war, we have to be more Ruthless than the throat-cutters we're fighting..otherwise we may as well pull our blankie's over our heads and wait for the next 9/11.

I also agree with Wask, Why the hell is this Jerk still allowed to live in England?

Maximu§

[edit on 033131p://555 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Oh well, I don't seem them caring as they blow up large transportation vehicles, so I should care what they think??? Real simple, if you didn't allow them into the country they wouldn't be a threat. If my daughter and her friends can't play nicely and their is one child that is always pushing and threatening and hurting other children I don't allow that child in my backyard....PROBLEM SOLVED!!! No child, no threat, no one hurt...pretty simpley eh?

You're making it out as if all Muslims are to blame for a minority of extremists. Should we punish the sane moderate majority of the UK population because we happen to house the extremist BNP? Fine the BNP hasn't bombed cities, but it's a matter of means, knowledge and dedication.

Your approach is over 'simpley' not to mention it's like attempting to cut an apple with a club rather than a finer scalpel.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
We need to rid the world of Islam.

Destroy it - it is not a religion worthy of existance.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Just like your attempt on Native American Indians

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Do us a favour and take the rest of the religions with it.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Enough of the mindless rabid anti islam retoric please.

Islam makes up 1/4 of all people on earth. Are people adovcating here the destruction of 1 in 4 of every people in the world?

Actions like this would make Hitler look like a saint.

Certianly the West needs to think outside the box, current thinking is doing nothing to change the situation for the better. But to alienate 1 billion people, to persecute everyone for the actions of a minute number of them is stupid. Utterly.

If all / most muslims were militantized because of the persecution then there ewould be no place in the world safe, and armies would be powerless against them.

I expect these attacks will continue for a number of years, like it or not Bush's invasion of Iraq has thrown the entire world into conflict from which there is no easy way out.

The only solution is to complete the work there, democratise the country, and show Islamic people / states that there is another way to live that provides a safe and secure lifestyle with material benefits.

Actually I find it interesting that the people who are actually starting to suffer from this are the average Americans and British, whose societies are being turned into armed camps, and who's liberties are quitckly been taken away. With 15000 cameras in London, its starting to look like a police state.

The prison that is forming is one of our own society, and we are the inmates with social controls, legal rights removed, etc to such an extent that to protect us we have to becme prisoners of our own state.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Why is it that when some Christian crackpot like Pat Robertson, Oral Roberts, or Jerry Farwell, or some members on this board, spout something offensively outrageous, Christians just shrugged, or say that they do not represent Christianity. But when a Muslim crackpot says something, he automatically speaks for billions of people?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

soooo, looks like he still believes that Muslim extremists did not commit the attacks even though they left evidence behind which are body parts of themselves, which we thank them for helpin us on the investigation.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by deltaboy]

I have to burst your bubble there by pointing out that there has not yet been a DNA test devised which can tell what a person's thoughts were, or which can identify political aspirations.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
These people must be wiped off the face of the Earth or we will never have peace.

Here's a helpful hint: It is impossible to achieve peace by "wiping people off the face of the Earth"

It is, sadly, likely that the world is only going to find this simple truth by experience.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Bravo Roy.
Such an action, or attempt at an action will only inflame the Islamic world more. Enrage 1 billion people and indeed you will have hell on earth.

Considering that their religious system is firmly rooted 500 years in our past, the idea is to out think and out politicicise them, not to out fight them.

That only works into their own mindset of desiring war and a martyrs death.

Just like Afghanastan was won by not fighting like the russions, we need to win by not fighting like the islamics.

Originally posted by Roy Robinson Stewart

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Here's a helpful hint: It is impossible to achieve peace by "wiping people off the face of the Earth"

It is, sadly, likely that the world is only going to find this simple truth by experience.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
In other news, valuable news time is taken up by the rantings of an aluminum-foil hat wearing cleric.

Back to you, Skip.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join