It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Car That Runs On Air???????????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The car that runs on air

By Carolyn Dempster in Johannesburg
Urban transport could soon be revolutionised with the launching this week in South Africa of a prototype new car which designers say runs on air.

It is being predicted that the e.Volution will be able to travel up to 200km (120 miles) for only 30 US cents.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Good deal......... We couldnt get it done in the states because of secret society mandates, but look, its going into production guess where?

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
A great idea thats finally being turned into a workable model, all we need now is something that runs on carbon dioxide and gives out oxygen.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
But it won't work in more suburban areas(at least in the US)

The piston engine is powered by the release of compressed air which is stored in tanks, very similar to scuba diving tanks, attached to the underside of the car.

The body of the vehicle weighs only 700kg, and the engine itself is a mere 35kg.

This means that the vehicle can theoretically be driven for up to 10 hours in an urban environment at an average speed of 80km/h.

I think that is a VERY inflated (no pun intended) estimate.
Compressed air maxes out at a point and I can't see it working for the long drives required for most commuters here. It does seem like a GREAT alternative in city transportation though. I still want my fuel cell car

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vindicator
A great idea thats finally being turned into a workable model, all we need now is something that runs on carbon dioxide and gives out oxygen.

We do, its called Hydrogen. Its byproducts are oxygen, AND water

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
WOW...I tell ya, the technoligy in the world today is amazing

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
well damn! that thing is ugly hell! I'd rather drive an SUV and destroy the enviroment rather than be caught driving that big ugly ass bannana!

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Thats really cool that they have that kind of technology, but everytime they make some kind of new car that is environment-friendly, they always make it look #in stupid and futuristic looking with nasty ass body design. If they made that car and electric cars with normal body designs and not robocop cars, then more people would buy it.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'd like a enviromental friendly Hummer H1, now thats style!

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Sorry, but E still=mc2

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I dont think I would care how butt ugly it is if it really ran that cheaply I'd drive it.

Just think of the money you would save !

Not to mention that tiny little feeling of superiority when you spoke to people and mentioned your car complies with all greenhouse gas emmission requirements

top topics

join