It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone is out of ideas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Doesn't it seem to you that games, music, and especially movies are all out of ideas and quickly becoming unoriginal?

Lyrics all sound the same now, movies are simply remakes or from comic books, and games are all fundamentally the same.

My brother and I have been looking for a new game to play but have not found anything intriguing at all.

Anyone else feel the same way I do?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Have we reached the entertainment version of the Transhumanist singularity? Hardly!

It is more profitable to bank on the success of an already proven idea then to take a chance on how the consumers will accept something new. It's about money, it's always about money. I do know what you mean though and agree especially when it comes to television. I don't even bother turning it on anymore as every show is a insult to human intelligence.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I know the feeling of not being able to find anything original... In reference to all of the remakes out there, most of them aren't even good. I'm so ridiculously tired of hearing songs that were once good butchered by a new artist who can't write a song of their own. One that really gets to me is the My Chemical Romance/ The Used version of Queen and Bowie's "Under Pressure." They pretty much destroy the bass line, which is what the song is built on. The same goes for movies. I'm absolutely devastated over the remake of Willy Wonka. Though they say the new one is more like the book, which is a good thing I suppose, the media put so much emphasis on the way Johnny Depp played Willy Wonka as an overly kooky character, they seemed to forget that the movie was called Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... Honestly, I can't even tell you the name of the kid who plays Charlie.
But anywho, it seems that those "creative" people in the entertainment business, be it music, games, movies, etc. are running out of original ideas. Even movies that aren't remakes have the same general plot or basic meaning as other movies. I mean, really, every romantic comedy has become the same plot line, all the horror movies are the same... What happened to the way movies were in the 80s... Breakfast Club- Nobody had done that before... There's multiple examples... Where has it all gone?? Bring back originality!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I have felt this since I could think. Anyway I guess that is way I have very odd taste to most. I tend to seek out anything good outside of the mainstream. I don't know about you guys but there is very little I find myself liking in the mainstream as far as entertainment. I always felt they had a good way of programing sheep with selling so much of the junk they do.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Games and movies especially. Things are really just boring. I'm looking forward to the new systems, MAYBE they'll do something special and different. Unlikely.

Movies, however, are just crappy. We need directors to start being creative and skilled, rather than blockbusters. We need different things. Tim Burton is a perfect example, and I like Rob Zombie. I look forward to his next movie, which won't be a horror movie. They're two examples of guys who go out there and, aside from directing well, make the movie interesting, something that keeps your watching to see what happens.

Also, Harry Potter movies.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
yeah sure pretty many movies are just Sooooo boring.
But i sure totally agree, Tim Burton makes real cool # ( wel let's say that just the batman thing was not my thing). The world that goes on in his head is pretty
creepy but definitely apart...
And the house of 1000 corpses was also real nice! For a long time i thought had to stick for ever with braindead as favorite movie...
For most of the other movies, it is so cliché... Good guy gets in trouble, meets pretty girl, she gets in trouble too, good guy kicks the ass of the bad guy and saves the girl. Waow. Then i think: hé?! have i see this movie before???

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Yeah that's why we have Game Desiners like Will Wright

Here is a link to his next project Spore

pc.ign.com...

All Screenshots are in game.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
And Ambrosia.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Oh man, sorry I posted something similar just now... it was a little more angry but same point. I'm really glad that other people see this problem... it seems like it's been going on for a while now. There is no end in sight. This whole topic of complete creative breakdown does deserve more than one thread though.

B. Sage

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Doesn't it seem to you that games, music, and especially movies are all out of ideas and quickly becoming unoriginal?

Lyrics all sound the same now, movies are simply remakes or from comic books, and games are all fundamentally the same.

My brother and I have been looking for a new game to play but have not found anything intriguing at all.

Anyone else feel the same way I do?

yes buddy.... its all jus the whole repeated ones again and again... games.. ...
im fedup with the same sort of gameplay.. but regardin music its a bit different i guess.. v have new tunes , voices here and thr scattered.......

new topics

top topics

join