It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

62 children meet aliens in Zimbabwe?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
Nice thread!

It's amazing that all 62 claim the same thing, and for someone to say it was "swamp gas" haha wow, talk about ignorance.
You apparently didn't listen to the interviews or look at the drawings.

Their stories and especially the drawings were different, not the "same thing" as you put it.

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
So if tho's kids have never seen or heard of UFOs before than how comes all the drawings are so different? very different maybe the story are the same but clearly the eye witnesses are not, maybe the hoaxer forgot to show them all a picture of what they all see, it like the kids are saying i saw a lion yet go and draw every 4 legged animal on the planet
Yes that's how I see it.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
You apparently didn't listen to the interviews or look at the drawings.

Their stories and especially the drawings were different, not the "same thing" as you put it.

So if tho's kids have never seen or heard of UFOs before than how comes all the drawings are so different? very different maybe the story are the same but clearly the eye witnesses are not, maybe the hoaxer forgot to show them all a picture of what they all see, it like the kids are saying i saw a lion yet go and draw every 4 legged animal on the planet
Yes that's how I see it.

I read and watched as much as I could find on this incredible case and would absolutely refute what you're saying.

These kids ranged in age from 6 to 12 and as such you'd expect to see a vast difference in their pictorial representations: it'd be suspect if you didn't! If it were a set-up and the entire incident had been orchestrated I'd expect to see a more linear account, but as you've noted, there are irregularities and this wouldn't have been the case had it been externally directed. Their linguistic and cognitive skills would also vary dramatically, so again, I'd expect the details of what was recounted to vary somewhat in detail. I'm not as qualified as Mac to judge children psychologically but I have my own and can tell when they're lying and I don't believe these kids were.

I do accept [some] of the questioning led by Cynthia was inappropriate, and could in the light of day be construed as being leading, but the genuineness of the childrens' replies when questioned speaks volumes for me. I cannot believe they all simply made it up, or were subject to some odd mass hysterical outburst.

Along with the Woodbridge/Rendlesham Forest incident, which also includes no photographic evidence, I'd rate these as my top 2 ET/ufo case studies.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Yes that's how I see it.

And your qualifications to make that determination are ... ?

Ah yes, guessed so.

Let's be blunt here, the only reason you "see it" that way is because you believe the children could not possibly have seen what they say they have seen.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jclmavg
And your qualifications to make that determination are ... ?
What kind of qualifications does it take to look at the objects in these drawings and observe there are more differences than similarities?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c92b23981c63.png[/atsimg]

It doesn't take a degree in rocket science, which is good because I don't have one.

Look at even more drawings and you'll see even more different shapes.

I don't know what they saw if anything, but what I'm primarily objecting to are the claims that the kids all drew the same thing. There are substantial differences in what the kids drew, that is my main point.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

well first off, The children had explained there were more than one UFO and of different sizes and in different areas of the siting. what i know about children is, #1 i was one once# 2 ive raised many peoples children including my own and have taught them all art, and know that everyone has their own style of perception as to what they see in their minds eye and whatever level they are at in art.

and thirdly which should be the most important, just because you seen something doesn't mean you will remember everything exactly as it was if you were in fear of your life or traumatized, especially if everyone's screaming and running consumed in chaos.

those children "are" telling the truth, because i know how those strict adults would have handled them just as i was handled as a child when they thought i was lying at school....those children were in fear of their lives and would have folded if they were lying, and everyone would have gotten their ass beat by the principle and their parents.......africa has no child abuse laws.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
and thirdly which should be the most important, just because you seen something doesn't mean you will remember everything exactly as it was
I won't argue with that point, I tend to agree with that.

But my original point still stands, my objection is to the claims by some people that the kids all drew the same thing. The drawings don't all look like the same thing to me, they look substantially different. As you said there may be reasons for that, but that doesn't make the drawings look the same like some people are claiming.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

and as i said, everyone has their own perception and artistic capabilities, especially under pressure or scrutiny

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
and thirdly which should be the most important, just because you seen something doesn't mean you will remember everything exactly as it was
I won't argue with that point, I tend to agree with that.

But my original point still stands, my objection is to the claims by some people that the kids all drew the same thing. The drawings don't all look like the same thing to me, they look substantially different. As you said there may be reasons for that, but that doesn't make the drawings look the same like some people are claiming.

Arbitrageur...you are right, claims that all the kids drew the same thing is not entirely correct. But as anumohi stated, you dont always remember everything exactly as you see it. I want to add to that by reminding everyone that these were children, traumatised children at that! They got the basic shape correct, and the trees mostly. IMO they can be forgiven for a deviation in UFO styles.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Any more word on this topic? This is one of my favorite UFO stories. I would love to hear what the kids have to say now that its 2011.
edit on 21-7-2011 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

this is the closest I came to any followup info

Like something out of an Indiana Jones movie, Nickerson waits for an opportunity to enter Zimbabwe, and, in 2008, he gets his chance. After he’s there he learns to his dissatisfaction, because of the political unrest, all of the children had escaped long ago into South Africa

But, Nickerson’s quest takes on a life of its own and he starts to document other UFO encounters including mass sightings, abductions, pilot encountesr and landing sites. One of the fascinating incidents that was missed when the tale first aired recounts that on the morning of September 14th the Rawa school buses that day could not use their radios­- they received nothing but static . Another fascinating incident happened on that day at two other schools: close encounters of the first kind had been witnessed. Nickerson reports that at the Pier House School, 25 miles from Rawa, over a hundred children watched as a UFO hovered and apparently searched for a place to land

this blog actually has some other info about ufos in zimbabwe and the guy who went to Africa to document the case, Randall Nickerson...is actually on facebook. Im sure someone might like to add him and pick his brain for the sake of ATS.

Ufo's over Zimbabwe

Randall Nickerson's facebook page

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

Nice find! Star for you.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
As a child i remember art assignments being quite competitive..."I'm gonna to draw the best picture of them all!" so these kids were told to draw what they saw...im wondering if they had any of these same thoughts..."add a tree here...extra window there..hmm let me give my alien hair" ...see what im saying? I'm sure they saw something out there but you give 62 kids an art project..theyres bound to be some differences due to how competitive kids are at that age.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The John E. Mack Institute was set up after Dr. Mack's death. Here's the page about the case and the current film project on the Web site of that Institute:

johnemackinstitute.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Hey! Yeah, I know the story well. I met a ufo film/documentry dude who was tracking all of them down to find what they have to say now since they have grown up. I smoked some pretty good weed with him while we were staking out the night sky at an abandoned monastery. Good times.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Appeal to emotion..logical fallacy.

I could find a lot of kids who swear a monster lives under their beds or in their closets, that doesnt mean it's true.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Obviously a work of fiction, not even a very good one. You can't believe everything you read on the internet!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

oh and furthermore, how the OP can say all the kids stories match is beyond me. In the drawing 1 kids alien looks like a humanoid rabbit, then we see a gray, then we see what looks like a guy in a ski mask. This smells of fiction

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC
reply to post by muzzleflash

Appeal to emotion..logical fallacy.

I could find a lot of kids who swear a monster lives under their beds or in their closets, that doesnt mean it's true.

This thread was written 6 years ago so I'm not really going to debate you about this topic. I didn't even use proper grammar / punctuation / spelling back then. A lot changes in 6 years friend.

But it is amazing this subject was revived. I am going to check all the posts made in the last year or so and see what was discovered.
edit on 18-9-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by timb3r

Television is not only widely available, but affordable and popular

Source please?

Everything I've read says differently.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
does anyone know if there any further follow up on the case, in terms of recent interviews ??

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join