It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

62 children meet aliens in Zimbabwe?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
In a time like today, i'm more inclined to believe a bunch of school kids over well-spoken adults.

I find it hard to think that all 62 kids would be lieing as if this were all a funny plan from the beginning. Besides, children can't be corrupted as easily as adults can be...
edit on 9-3-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu

IMO a great case and one of he most convincing cases of ET contact ever.

Really? You can honestly say a bunch of school kids saying they saw aliens is one of the "most convincing" cases ever? Really? And you people wonder why this subject is not taken seriously. I'm going to need something more concrete than some little kids telling a fantasy story.

Perhaps an experimental military craft needed to land for what ever reason. Anyways, please the link below for an interesting case study, the video at the bottom of the weblink is an interesting watch.

www.latest-ufo-sightings.net...
edit on 9-3-2011 by CrazyMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

This is when some skeptics make me lol at such audacity, some people will refute the facts no matter what. They are just as asinine as some believers. Those kids aren't lying I know that much, question is who or what visited them. Could they have been hoaxed by someone? Maybe, children are easily impressionable. However the beings talked without moving their mouths. Seems they were telepathic, if a hoaxer could pull that off i would love to see how. If it was some government psy ops why Zimbabwe? Why would they want to go to such trouble to spread a ominous message of doom? Does not make sense.

It's a shame John Mack passed away and left the follow up Documentary on the shelf, the funding to finish it just isn't there. It has been left on the back burner since 2008. The day the aliens landed

www.johnemackinstitute.org...

2008 Update: The John Mack Institute is seeking donations to produce the full length program. We urgently need your contribution to this unique and historic project. A preview reel has been prepared by Callimanopulos and Nickerson for viewing by prospective funders.

We are trying to locate the now grown children that were interviewed by Dr. Mack or who attended the school at the time. Please contact us with any leads you may have on the whereabouts of students or staff.

Please contact Dominique Callimanopulos and Randall Nickerson at: [email protected]

The day the aliens landed PDF
www.johnemackinstitute.org...

The day the aliens landed 16 Apr 2008 Stephen Coan, The Witness American film maker Randall Nickerson is currently visiting southern Africa to make a documentary that follows up an incident that happened at the Ariel School in Ruwa, Zimbabwe, in 1994, when 62 children aged between eight and 12 reported seeing a UFO and "strange beings" during their morning break. Those children are now young adults scattered around the globe. Nickerson is tracking them down and interviewing them about the experience. "Their stories have not changed at all," he says. "Not what you would expect if they had made it all up." So what exactly happened on that day in 1994 at the school in Ruwa just east of Harare? "It was morning break and they were out in the school yard playing," says Nickerson. "They saw one main silver craft that had four others around it," says Nickerson. "It came down on a hill beyond the school yard that was out of bounds. The boundary was the edge of the school yard, then it was bush and the hill. "They ran to the edge of the school yard to see what this thing was. They saw this small creature walk around on top of the craft while another came down to check out the children. He was all in black, with a very tight suit. The children said he had big eyes 'like rugby balls'. "The children had direct eye contact with this creature. There seems to have been some kind of communication with the children about the state of the world -- what we are doing to the planet, the destruction we are causing, although not all the children got this message. Some of the children were traumatised, others were excited. The young children were the most traumatised as they were at the front of the group. "They all went screaming back to the teachers. The teachers didn't believe them at first. But then they went home and told their parents who came to the school and wanted to know what had happened." Soon afterwards the children were asked to draw pictures of what they had seen. "They did this separately. The drawings were all the same." A BBC television crew were first on the scene to follow it up. In November 1994, Harvard professor of psychiatry John E. Mack visited the school and filmed interviews with the children. He was assisted by South African producer Nicky Carter who had already made a short documentary on the subject for the SABC. "I had a half-brother at the school," she says. "He was off sick on the day it happened, but the children told him all about it and he contacted me." Carter has no doubt the children were telling the truth. "When they were interviewed by Mack with all his professional skills it was clear they were telling the truth -- their voice tone, their body language. They were so consistent, they told their stories with such conviction. And they spoke about it in their own language. One child recalled being told by the alien that we should not be so 'techknowledged' -- why make up something like that?" Mack, a Pulitzer prize winner for his biography of T. E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia) titled A Prince of Our Disorder, was a highly respected psychiatrist. However, when he began researching the phenomenon of reported alien abductions, his fellow academics looked askance. In 1994, when his book Abduction appeared, a committee was appointed to review Mack's clinical care and investigation of the people who had shared their alien encounters with him. According to the BBC, "It was the first time in Harvard's history that a tenured professor was subjected to such an investigation." After 14 months of inquiry, Harvard issued a statement stating that the dean had "reaffirmed Dr Mack·s academic freedom to study what he wishes and to state his opinions without impediment". In 2004, Mack was killed by a drunk driver while he was visiting London to lecture at a T. E. Lawrence conference. Mack was guarded in his interpretation of the abduction phenomenon. To one interviewer who said that Mack seemed "inclined to take these [abduction] reports at face value", Mack replied saying: "Face value I wouldn't say. I take them seriously. I don't have a way to account for them." In a BBC interview he said: "I would never say, yes, there are aliens taking people. [But] I would say there is a compelling powerful phenomenon here that I can't account for in any other way. Yet I can't know what it is but it seems to me that it invites a deeper, further inquiry." Nickerson sees himself as taking that inquiry further after being commissioned by the John E. Mack Institute, along with producer Dominique Callimanopulos, to make a documentary incorporating the interview footage shot in 1994 with follow-up material shot in the present. "I want to present the story objectively," says Nickerson. "To show the original raw material. That·s what initially interested me about this case. These children all describing seeing the same thing. You can tell they are not lying. But having seen this footage I thought: I need to go to this place, to talk to people, I need to investigate it for myself. Did this really happen? "The subject has to be approached as scientifically as possible," he says. "There are questions that we need to ask. It·s a case of presenting the evidence just like court." Despite this rigorous approach, isn't there a danger he will simply encounter those on the "lunatic fringe"? "I have found those are the people who have all the answers, but people to whom something like this has really happened don·t. They have millions of questions. There is a humility about them, they realise it's not about them.· At the beginning of the project Nickerson set about contacting those people who had been among the 62 children who had witnessed the sighting. ·They are mainly students in Canada, the United States, New Zealand and Britain.· Tracking them down hasn't been that difficult. "They are contacting us because of what we put up on the John E. Mack Institute website. What is interesting is that their stories remain the same as in 1994. "They were affected profoundly," says Nickerson. "At the time one girl was told by her parents not to talk about it, that she had imagined it all. But then she found other people·s stories on the Internet. She got in touch with them and realised 'Oh my God, that was real'. "Others I've met never doubted it. They say the experience opened up new horizons for them." Nickerson cites two students who are now studying in the U.S. "Their father said they would never have done that, but after their experience the children were totally changed, that·s what convinced him that something really happened." Nickerson's first stop during his visit to southern Africa was Ariel School. "I interviewed teachers and workers who were there at the time." He also came across people from two different schools in the area who had similar sightings on the same day. Nickerson is now in South Africa trying to track down those living here who were witnesses on that day. He will be here until the end of April following up leads resulting from two radio interviews he has given. If you witnessed the Ariel School sighting or have any information regarding it, you can contact Randall Nickerson at --- --- ---- or e-mail [email protected] You can also contact Nicky Carter at 072 632 2330 or producer Dominique Callimanopulos on [email protected] Check out the website: www.johnemackinstitute.org © 2008 The Witness, The Witness, 45 Willowton Rd, Pietermaritzburg 3200

I have been eagerly waiting, hoping for this to be completed. While charlatans like Steve Greer milk the believers and charge thousands of dollars to watch him shine laser pointers at bugs,birds, satellites, planes the wealth is not going in to the right projects.

edit on 9-3-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

Listen up Bub, instead of providing a handful of interviews with several children, whats wrong with having full video documented interviews with the majority if not all off the witnesses. If you do an investigation for a crime scene you talk to all of the witnesses and take full details. When trying to prove something conclusively you don't do it in a half ass manner.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Really? You can honestly say a bunch of school kids saying they saw aliens is one of the "most convincing" cases ever? Really?

YES and having children myself i know what their like, capable of and they don't hold up very long when fibbing. 62 children, almost the size of an entire elementary school mind you.

And you people wonder why this subject is not taken seriously.

You people? Who are "you people" exactly? Oh yes do tell Ross Perot
And if people were blind to GOOD CASES the subject would not exist.
This is the Aliens and UFO's forum on ATS, maybe your lost?

I'm going to need something more concrete than some little kids telling a fantasy story.

Who said it was "concrete" , it is certainly credible and worthy of investigation and a follow up. Im sure a follow up and solidifying the testimony of these kids as grown up's would not bode well with some. Nothing suggests a "fantasy" in this case. We all have our own fantasy's and dreams, so do kids and im sure 62 children don't have the same fantasy. Let alone with such a depressing ominous message of "we are gonna die" pretty unusual.

Im sure if a piece of "concrete" was to fall off a Flying Saucer "if that is what thy are made of" and land on you with no buildings around you, there would be nothing out of the ordinary to your accord

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyMonkey

Really? You can honestly say a bunch of school kids saying they saw aliens is one of the "most convincing" cases ever? Really? And you people wonder why this subject is not taken seriously. I'm going to need something more concrete than some little kids telling a fantasy story.

Perhaps an experimental military craft needed to land for what ever reason. Anyways, please the link below for an interesting case study, the video at the bottom of the weblink is an interesting watch.

Just adding on, for those still interested after watching that video, click it and it should take you to Youtube along with the other parts that are there to watch. Very interesting.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Listen up Bub, instead of providing a handful of interviews with several children, whats wrong with having full video documented interviews with the majority if not all off the witnesses. If you do an investigation for a crime scene you talk to all of the witnesses and take full details. When trying to prove something conclusively you don't do it in a half ass manner.

Im sure tracking down all the kids, traveling across oceans and continents costs money. Im sure it takes some time as well, and the way the john mack institute does things does not merit or even demerit the witnesses credibility even today. I don't know what the setback issue is and do you? Maybe if you contact them via email you will have an answer. Like I said i want to see the follow up.

Allrighty then

BUBBA

Originally posted by aRogue
In a time like today, i'm more inclined to believe a bunch of school kids over well-spoken adults.

I find it hard to think that all 62 kids would be lieing as if this were all a funny plan from the beginning. Besides, children can't be corrupted as easily as adults can be...

I agree, kids aren't easily as corrupt as many adults, have the psuedo-debunkers attacked the kids yet? Why yes they did, they have no shame.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

Im sure tracking down all the kids, traveling across oceans and continents costs money. Im sure it takes some time as well, and the way the john mack institute does things does not merit or even demerit the witnesses credibility even today. I don't know what the setback issue is and do you? Maybe if you contact them via email you will have an answer. Like I said i want to see the follow up.

Allrighty then

BUBBA

Originally posted by aRogue

I agree, kids aren't easily as corrupt as many adults, have the psuedo-debunkers attacked the kids yet? Why yes they did, they have no shame.

lol Bubba

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
First off, you couldn't 2 children to tell a consistent lie let alone 62.

Oh my cat, you're saying this based on what? Your thoughts on it? Two children are most capable of lying and 60 children are indeed capable of saying and maintaining a lie. As I said many pages ago, there was this very famous case on the 80s about 60 children saying they had been sexually abused in their daycare. Guess what? It was not true, it was simply hysteria:

en.wikipedia.org...

There have been many cases of mass hysteria on children so it's not impossible as you seem to be suggesting. Again, the only thing this case is based on is the testimony of a couple of children, there's no evidence to be found anywhere, so if you chose to believe it then that's ok by me but please be aware that children can lie and can be affected by hysteria.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

An experimental military craft is given to scaring children, has very small occupants with huge black eyes, and communicate by thought??
IMO those children are being totally truthful. The teachers all said that the kids were terrified when they ran inside, and if you have any 'feel' for right and wrong, you just KNOW they are telling the truth.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyMonkey

Oh certainly i agree, a psychologist and a film crew is a plus but I would have likes to have seen some scientists go out to the brush and collect soil samples and ran Geiger counters ect. The problem was it was in the brush not exactly Manhattan or Sydney. It did not receive much press besides a TV show "sightings" back then. Another instance where UFO researchers drop the ball. Allan Hyneck would have been getting his hands dirty if he was alive.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Radiobuzz

Originally posted by anumohi
First off, you couldn't 2 children to tell a consistent lie let alone 62.

Oh my cat, you're saying this based on what? Your thoughts on it? Two children are most capable of lying and 60 children are indeed capable of saying and maintaining a lie. As I said many pages ago, there was this very famous case on the 80s about 60 children saying they had been sexually abused in their daycare. Guess what? It was not true, it was simply hysteria:

en.wikipedia.org...

There have been many cases of mass hysteria on children so it's not impossible as you seem to be suggesting. Again, the only thing this case is based on is the testimony of a couple of children, there's no evidence to be found anywhere, so if you chose to believe it then that's ok by me but please be aware that children can lie and can be affected by hysteria.

We had a similar sexual abuse case reported here in NZ 10 yrs ago or so, most of the children maintained their stories and an innocent man was convicted and is STILL fighting to clear his name. That was all due to bad questioning, parents aware of the situation and putting thoughts in the childrens minds etc. There was time to do that.

In the Ariel School case....these kids had no time to prepare a story ( they are too young to even contemplate such a thing IMO) these children were all in a Private School and from very good families plus they had a deep respect for their Headmaster and also were very aware he punished anyone who put the school in a bad light.
I cannot see 62 of them hatching a plan like this, rush inside the school enmasse, pretend to be terrified, look perplexed about the whole situation when being questioned, draw very similar looking craft, describe the occupants of said craft in a similar fashion, know exactly where said craft landed etc.

I have done much reading on this case over the past few years and remain totally convinced that this is a genuine event and I too cant wait for the doco. I do know there had been trouble tracking many ex pupils as Zimbabwe is so fractured and so many had left the country.

ETA: BTW...there was testimony from more than a ' couple of children'. There were many and the interviewers decided to not put the younger ones through that.
edit on 9-3-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Radiobuzz

Those children had a close encounter of the 3rd kind in REALITY....get over it

Don't believe me Mr. Armchair investigator, fly your ass to Rwanda and talk to those ADULTS yourself and put it at rest in your mind, i'm sure it will be as crystal clear now as it was then, if not more so

Mass Hysteria
Good God

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Why cant these little men and their UFO land in the middle of the field during the SuperBowl finals for the world to see instead of some bush camp in remote Zimbabwe...seriously ....if you want your presence known which one would you choose?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

There is an old saying...
'There is a method to the madness'

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

It's because the Collingwood and St Kilda final only attracted 100,000 fans - they're waiting for it to hit the 102,012 mark cause they're a bunch of jokers.

To those who would take wooly testimony from kids over actual evidence - my 3 year old says you are all poo poo heads. Guess they've call you on it!

-m0r

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Why cant these little men and their UFO land in the middle of the field during the SuperBowl finals for the world to see instead of some bush camp in remote Zimbabwe...seriously ....if you want your presence known which one would you choose?

I don't picture alien beings being NFL fans, or even taking to our television broadcasts much. Maybe they relayed a message to children because children view things in a different light. They are not corrupted by our social constructs and complacency like adults, working class drones. They are much more impressionable than adults and may heed the warnings. Maybe children are less intimidating. I can speculate, reasoning with an alien species a bit of a stretch. Let alone understanding our own cultures here on earth and religious indifference as an example.

This what i often see people say come the ET question "why" and what they are suppose to do.

I don't think the intent was to prove anything such as being real, maybe there was no reason at all. Maybe they had to land "repair something" quickly and so happened to land in the schools back yard..because one being was on top the craft working on something then the other talked to the children while other craft hovered above waiting. Perhaps the message being a warning (hey while we are here you should know).. kind of thing.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

It's because the Collingwood and St Kilda final only attracted 100,000 fans - they're waiting for it to hit the 102,012 mark cause they're a bunch of jokers.

To those who would take wooly testimony from kids over actual evidence - my 3 year old says you are all poo poo heads. Guess they've call you on it!

-m0r

If my child told me she was touched inappropriately by an adult i would take it very serious, not something i would call "rubbish" even without physical evidence. I hate to think of and use as an example but let me prove my point.

When a kids tells me they seen an alien i might laugh and tell them it's their imaginary freind. And when a couple kids tell me they seen an alien i might question them about details separately. If they come up with the same description i have to ask more questions. When 62 children come up with the same story after a 15 to 30 minute recess and stay to the story, same description i would take it as serious as someone harming and being inappropriate with my child. This case should be taken seriously.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

OK then. I recommend a new thread called "Kiddie fiddlin' aliens" since you are obviously doing this 'for the children' and not to your own deluded ends to prove that aliens exist based upon belief alone.

There are tons of holes in this case - not least of which was who investigated it and how they went about that investigation. Why the heck was a school letting a complete stranger with no background check in to interview these kids anyway??

Let me guess; one of these kids shows up now and says "you know, it was all a big prank" - MiB/NWO/reptilian gaylords got to them??

Is there no end to the madness that is fabricating reality out of incredibly weak stories??

I personally take this as a slight on people's skills to effectively manage children if they, for one second, think this case holds water after reading up on it.

You can place this sighting next to paedophilia in brevity if you wish. Paedophilia exists and can be proven. This cannot and furthermore undermines the depth of abuses actual people go through when in actually real cases of child sexual abuse.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Who was ' the complete stranger with no background' that you mention?? Any investigator involved in the case seems to have had teachers/adults present so I am interested in why you stated the above.
Also, of COURSE any interviewer is going to be a stranger FGS. What an odd thing to say.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

I'd love to do the believer thing and say something vague and pathetic like "do the research and you will find out" but I'm too much of a good guy who is going to rip a new one in this whole story to be a moron like that.

The investigator is called Cynthia Hind and you may read my interpretation of this tale against a believer in this slightly skewed thread here.

So, now I have pointed you to a whole set of information about my ideas on this topic. could you go and read them and then come back with any specific areas where I may have overlooked the obvious and welcome thoughts to that end. The read should take no more than 10 mins and is all relevant to this case.

-m0r

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join