It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

62 children meet aliens in Zimbabwe?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DJohnson83

I am not sure if that's personal information or not (are you allowed to post personal email addresses and facebook profiles (especially if its the wrong person)). Is this one of the people who were witnesses to this event?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
i do not think it is true.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamaperson

Originally posted by muzzleflash

5) Keep in mind; their school master uses a Cane to Beat them senseless if anyone is caught lying
the schoolmaster himself said "No One Lies at My School"
or else of course he brutally canes them

What if the schoolmaster himself told each one of the 62 children to lie in order for the school, the community and himself to get some attention? I think that is the most likely scenario
The most likely scenario based on what evidence? You just made it up and instead you argue that the story is itself evidence of the lie, which would be begging the question. Sheesh.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
i made this thread because i have never seen this story before on here; it may have already been covered *as its a freakin amazing story*

The Ruwa Incident:::
Lol those kids aren't true natives. They might be born there, though. They look like a blend of people from overseas staying there. They probably had connections to the outside world through relatives and I doubt that they lived in huts. Lol. Just a little comment from me.
edit on 9-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jclmavg

Originally posted by wayaboveitall
Lol, a large army vehical with lots of wheels tracks and hatches, seems like a stretch, but not a craft from another world?
I can tell you're not the smartest guy around.

No, the existence of a large army vehicle is not a stretch. It is however quite a stretch (which would make Phil Klass proud) to assume it matches the drawings and testimony. To make it all fit you would have to ignore all the witness testimony that three flying UFOs were seen and also that the object flew down and landed. Yes, your supposed tank thus "flew". Furthermore, all drawings show a disc-shaped object. Square peg, round hole.

In short, the evidence for the misidentification of an army vehicle is nonexistent.

I'd rather accept that they were all hallucinating than go with this crapola.
You know when you boil it all down the difference between believers and debunkers or even skeptics is that the believers assume that the witnesses are telling the truth and are accurate. Witnesses, of course, aren't proof. They're just circumstantial evidence. Because if you assume that the witnesses are telling the truth and are accurate then there's absolutely no other conclusion then that aliens are here visiting us from elsewhere. If you think about ufology in these terms, it all makes sense. But who has hte upper hand? The debunkers and skeptics, obviously. Because they say there's no solid proof, and they're 100% right. The believers say aliens are here, but that's not 100% right.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Double post. Sorry. Not sure how this happened.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by chocise
One of my favorites, along with the Rendlesham forest incident.

From the videos and Mack's interview I can't see they faked this or that it was some kind of mass hysteria event.

It left me pretty gobsmacked hearing these children speak although I felt Cynthia's questioning was dismal.

... I only wish they'd hurry up and release the full documentary, it's been years.
After the binary alien coded message I threw the Rendlesham Forest incident in the gray basket. I would too if I were you. The case no longer has the credibility it might have had once. Even then, it was just a lot of testimony and nothing more. The best ufology has is just a lot of testimony.

No alien coke bottles, no hubcaps, no laser guns, no fancy uniform, no shred of anything!

Go ahead and blame skeptics and debunkers for not buying the testimony hook line and sinker, but at least they're 100% right that there's no solid evidence. Believers are just too trusting.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Keep getting "Do not have permission to post "wtmonkey ?? When i tried to post a reply to a thread that has now disappeared about this video.....[
This post of yours is off topic.

But... CGI. *yawn*

Next please.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

go ahead and blame skeptics and debunkers for not buying the testimony hook line and sinker, but at least they're 100% right that there's no solid evidence. Believers are just confused.

The debunker's and the skeptics always get their say, it is the reason why some of the evidences get to use the old "It can be faked" analogy with matters after the fact of the sighting, which is relatively easy to do with a format to follow.
I know CGI and Photo-shop are real contributors to these thing's , but just because someone can recreate it using these methods doesn't necessarily mean it was a hoax in the first place. IMHO

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923..........The debunker's and the skeptics always get their say, it is the reason why some of the evidences get to use the old "It can be faked" analogy with matters after the fact of the sighting, which is relatively easy to do with a format to follow.
I know CGI and Photo-shop are real contributors to these thing's , but just because someone can recreate it using these methods doesn't necessarily mean it was a hoax in the first place. IMHO
Whether or not that's true, WE NEED SOLID EVIDENCE. Not videos.

So post any video you like. It's CGI in my book. I'm too old to waste my time. *yawn*

You're free to think what you want about it.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This reminds me of the case of a craft landing with occupants in Russia,
September 27 1989 in Yuzhni Park Voronezh , multiple sighting by children.
This case was written off as mass hysteria by the international press but taken seriously by Russian scientists.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

SO many mysteries in the universe. The Earth has tons of history. I think I would be sastified with just a crumb of information about where we come from and who we are. So many questions. Also, why would they pick children? Is it because children are more innocent and understanding?
edit on 9-3-2011 by Lovelyful because: added message

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
First off, you couldn't 2 children to tell a consistent lie let alone 62. ODD isn't it, how the debunking community will go to "NO LENGTH" to "ATTEMPT" to discredit "ANYTHING" that relates to the Ufo phenomena. I roll with hysterical laughter how naive and "SELF RIGHTEOUS" they truly are. The little Ufo alien bastards fly around us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week ,and have been for thousands if not 10s of thousands of years, and people throughout "ALL" known recorded history have documented their encounters, yet internet pseudo scientists have the audacity to call the Ancients and known modern worldians, fking liars and charlatans, even delusional.....HOW DARE YOU

You are delusional in your pathetic self righteousness, what makes you think that "ANY" advanced terrestrial or extraterrestrial civilization owes you proof of "ANYTHING"? even if they left some form of an advanced technology laying around to find, do you think you would have the knowledge to even recognize what that might be? I seriously doubt it

from now on when you go on your little debunking tangents, try backing them up with facts instead of excuses and ridicule and your lil ignorant arm chair internet pseudo sciences

I swear you guys really take the cake

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
You are delusional in your pathetic self righteousness, what makes you think that "ANY" advanced terrestrial or extraterrestrial civilization owes you proof of "ANYTHING"?

I don't expect anything from unproven aliens. I do expect you to tell me why you think this is the case though with more than a 'feeling' for proof.

The only deluded people here are the ones which take on stories as true without substantiated evidence to back up those tales.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I've got that on tape from a few months ago.
John Mack, may he Rest In Peace, did a thorough job as he always did to research the event.
If you listen to and look at the kids reactions to the event as they speak about it you can tell right away that it's legit.
Another amazing case of contact by E.T.'s occurring globally.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I thought its always nice to have a vid to watch in a thread

edit on 9-3-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Is there an interview with all 62 children or a majority of them... no? So all we have is a handful of children talking about what happened. You would think such a jaw dropping claim would be backed up with good a investigation.

edit on 9-3-2011 by CrazyMonkey because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2011 by CrazyMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This is when some skeptics make me lol at such audacity, some people will refute the facts no matter what. They are just as asinine as some believers. Those kids aren't lying I know that much, question is who or what visited them. Could they have been hoaxed by someone? Maybe, children are easily impressionable. However the beings talked without moving their mouths. Seems they were telepathic, if a hoaxer could pull that off i would love to see how. If it was some government psy ops why Zimbabwe? Why would they want to go to such trouble to spread a ominous message of doom? Does not make sense.

IMO a great case and one of he most convincing cases of ET contact ever.

It's a shame John Mack passed away and left the follow up Documentary on the shelf, the funding to finish it just isn't there. It has been left on the back burner since 2008. The day the aliens landed

www.johnemackinstitute.org...

2008 Update: The John Mack Institute is seeking donations to produce the full length program. We urgently need your contribution to this unique and historic project. A preview reel has been prepared by Callimanopulos and Nickerson for viewing by prospective funders.

We are trying to locate the now grown children that were interviewed by Dr. Mack or who attended the school at the time. Please contact us with any leads you may have on the whereabouts of students or staff.

Please contact Dominique Callimanopulos and Randall Nickerson at: [email protected]

The day the aliens landed PDF
www.johnemackinstitute.org...

The day the aliens landed 16 Apr 2008 Stephen Coan, The Witness American film maker Randall Nickerson is currently visiting southern Africa to make a documentary that follows up an incident that happened at the Ariel School in Ruwa, Zimbabwe, in 1994, when 62 children aged between eight and 12 reported seeing a UFO and "strange beings" during their morning break. Those children are now young adults scattered around the globe. Nickerson is tracking them down and interviewing them about the experience. "Their stories have not changed at all," he says. "Not what you would expect if they had made it all up." So what exactly happened on that day in 1994 at the school in Ruwa just east of Harare? "It was morning break and they were out in the school yard playing," says Nickerson. "They saw one main silver craft that had four others around it," says Nickerson. "It came down on a hill beyond the school yard that was out of bounds. The boundary was the edge of the school yard, then it was bush and the hill. "They ran to the edge of the school yard to see what this thing was. They saw this small creature walk around on top of the craft while another came down to check out the children. He was all in black, with a very tight suit. The children said he had big eyes 'like rugby balls'. "The children had direct eye contact with this creature. There seems to have been some kind of communication with the children about the state of the world -- what we are doing to the planet, the destruction we are causing, although not all the children got this message. Some of the children were traumatised, others were excited. The young children were the most traumatised as they were at the front of the group. "They all went screaming back to the teachers. The teachers didn't believe them at first. But then they went home and told their parents who came to the school and wanted to know what had happened." Soon afterwards the children were asked to draw pictures of what they had seen. "They did this separately. The drawings were all the same." A BBC television crew were first on the scene to follow it up. In November 1994, Harvard professor of psychiatry John E. Mack visited the school and filmed interviews with the children. He was assisted by South African producer Nicky Carter who had already made a short documentary on the subject for the SABC. "I had a half-brother at the school," she says. "He was off sick on the day it happened, but the children told him all about it and he contacted me." Carter has no doubt the children were telling the truth. "When they were interviewed by Mack with all his professional skills it was clear they were telling the truth -- their voice tone, their body language. They were so consistent, they told their stories with such conviction. And they spoke about it in their own language. One child recalled being told by the alien that we should not be so 'techknowledged' -- why make up something like that?" Mack, a Pulitzer prize winner for his biography of T. E. Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia) titled A Prince of Our Disorder, was a highly respected psychiatrist. However, when he began researching the phenomenon of reported alien abductions, his fellow academics looked askance. In 1994, when his book Abduction appeared, a committee was appointed to review Mack's clinical care and investigation of the people who had shared their alien encounters with him. According to the BBC, "It was the first time in Harvard's history that a tenured professor was subjected to such an investigation." After 14 months of inquiry, Harvard issued a statement stating that the dean had "reaffirmed Dr Mack·s academic freedom to study what he wishes and to state his opinions without impediment". In 2004, Mack was killed by a drunk driver while he was visiting London to lecture at a T. E. Lawrence conference. Mack was guarded in his interpretation of the abduction phenomenon. To one interviewer who said that Mack seemed "inclined to take these [abduction] reports at face value", Mack replied saying: "Face value I wouldn't say. I take them seriously. I don't have a way to account for them." In a BBC interview he said: "I would never say, yes, there are aliens taking people. [But] I would say there is a compelling powerful phenomenon here that I can't account for in any other way. Yet I can't know what it is but it seems to me that it invites a deeper, further inquiry." Nickerson sees himself as taking that inquiry further after being commissioned by the John E. Mack Institute, along with producer Dominique Callimanopulos, to make a documentary incorporating the interview footage shot in 1994 with follow-up material shot in the present. "I want to present the story objectively," says Nickerson. "To show the original raw material. That·s what initially interested me about this case. These children all describing seeing the same thing. You can tell they are not lying. But having seen this footage I thought: I need to go to this place, to talk to people, I need to investigate it for myself. Did this really happen? "The subject has to be approached as scientifically as possible," he says. "There are questions that we need to ask. It·s a case of presenting the evidence just like court." Despite this rigorous approach, isn't there a danger he will simply encounter those on the "lunatic fringe"? "I have found those are the people who have all the answers, but people to whom something like this has really happened don·t. They have millions of questions. There is a humility about them, they realise it's not about them.· At the beginning of the project Nickerson set about contacting those people who had been among the 62 children who had witnessed the sighting. ·They are mainly students in Canada, the United States, New Zealand and Britain.· Tracking them down hasn't been that difficult. "They are contacting us because of what we put up on the John E. Mack Institute website. What is interesting is that their stories remain the same as in 1994. "They were affected profoundly," says Nickerson. "At the time one girl was told by her parents not to talk about it, that she had imagined it all. But then she found other people·s stories on the Internet. She got in touch with them and realised 'Oh my God, that was real'. "Others I've met never doubted it. They say the experience opened up new horizons for them." Nickerson cites two students who are now studying in the U.S. "Their father said they would never have done that, but after their experience the children were totally changed, that·s what convinced him that something really happened." Nickerson's first stop during his visit to southern Africa was Ariel School. "I interviewed teachers and workers who were there at the time." He also came across people from two different schools in the area who had similar sightings on the same day. Nickerson is now in South Africa trying to track down those living here who were witnesses on that day. He will be here until the end of April following up leads resulting from two radio interviews he has given. If you witnessed the Ariel School sighting or have any information regarding it, you can contact Randall Nickerson at --- --- ---- or e-mail [email protected] You can also contact Nicky Carter at 072 632 2330 or producer Dominique Callimanopulos on [email protected] Check out the website: www.johnemackinstitute.org © 2008 The Witness, The Witness, 45 Willowton Rd, Pietermaritzburg 3200

I have been eagerly waiting, hoping for this to be completed. While charlatans like Steve Greer milk the believers and charge thousands of dollars to watch him shine laser pointers at bugs,birds, satellites, planes the wealth is not going in to the right projects.

edit on 9-3-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

IMO a great case and one of he most convincing cases of ET contact ever.

Really? You can honestly say a bunch of school kids saying they saw aliens is one of the "most convincing" cases ever? Really? And you people wonder why this subject is not taken seriously. I'm going to need something more concrete than some little kids telling a fantasy story.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join